Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I finally found time to install mine today. I’m very pleased with the results visually.

Have not had a chance to drive yet so can’t comment yet on any possible change in driving dynamics.

Before:
Ford Bronco SVC's New Coil Spacer Lift! 6F878282-F13B-4D47-B8A9-B565E3E44D42

After:
Ford Bronco SVC's New Coil Spacer Lift! BAAA252F-B4B3-4BF5-9DF9-EC5EE6A4268F

took me about 4 hours (not including the alignment) in a well equipped shop with a lift, working at a leisurely pace. But I’m a rusty old guy that hasn’t turned a wrench in 13 years so it could have been done considerably faster.

my alignment was WAY off afterwards.

I used the control arm technique instead of breaking loose the tie rods, ball joints and risking the stripped CV axle nut that some have experienced. I believe this was likely a significantly easier method.
Sponsored

Vicman12

Badlands
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future- 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands now-Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking to add this to my Non-Sas BD, Few questions… how much to added ground clearance do these add ? Is this a good alternative to getting near Sas look? Wanting to add 285/75r17 tires , And function on road and off road ? Lastly how will this affect the warranty?

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Parked next to a stock BL SAS last night. Good pic showing the height difference. For reference, I have the same skids installed as the BL and also have the safari bar with N-FAB rock sliders.

Next up, 1.5”body lift and 37s? 😁
Ford Bronco SVC's New Coil Spacer Lift! 76118AB7-B12D-465E-9B4D-7BD0F7FB8EF3

Last edited:

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We keep all the stock pivot points and more importantly shock travel lengths intact. These just change the resting position of the shock in its range of travel by adding preload, thus preserving the stock geometry.
The geometry I would most be concerned with is the drive and steering angles, which are an issue if not resolved!

Bruzzo

Outer Banks
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX SAS; 1965 Shelby Cobra (Backdraft)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The geometry I would most be concerned with is the drive and steering angles, which are an issue if not resolved!
I thought this set up didn’t change the geometry?

Sponsored
OP
OP
SVCOFFROAD

SVCOFFROAD

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looking to add this to my Non-Sas BD, Few questions… how much to added ground clearance do these add ? Is this a good alternative to getting near Sas look? Wanting to add 285/75r17 tires , And function on road and off road ? Lastly how will this affect the warranty?
They are designed to add around 2" of lift, adding the same about of ground clearance. They will help you get that extra lift, which in combination with some larger tires will help you achieve that look.

Like with all aftermarket products, warranty work/ claims varies from dealer to dealer and is situational. IThey're a number of online articles and posts about it in the aftermarket community.

Cheers,

AJ

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought this set up didn’t change the geometry?
Well, I don't know how that is possible, but they could be including "magic" with the kit?

OP
OP
SVCOFFROAD

SVCOFFROAD

Big Bend
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, I don't know how that is possible, but they could be including "magic" with the kit?

They don't change the suspension geometry, but they do add preload lift which can change the resting CV and seeing angels. You would need to do a diff & steering rack drop, or run portals to avoid this.

When making these changes we keep them within tolerance. When we measured it during testing it was only a few degrees, and more than acceptable. Not magic, just numbers.

OP
OP
SVCOFFROAD

SVCOFFROAD

Big Bend
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@SVCOFFROAD I didn't see an answer to this question and am wondering about the response. Thanks in advance.
My apologies for not seeing it. We are looking into to it, but have a number of project ahead of it right now.

Sponsored

colonelburke

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My apologies for not seeing it. We are looking into to it, but have a number of project ahead of it right now.
Oh sure, no problem at all. I thought you might have answered and I missed it. I'll look for an update in the future and good luck with the projects in the hopper.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Parked next to a stock BL SAS last night. Good pic showing the height difference. For reference, I have the same skids installed as the BL and also have the safari bar with N-FAB rock sliders.

Next up, 1.5”body lift and 37s? 😁
Ford Bronco SVC's New Coil Spacer Lift! 76118AB7-B12D-465E-9B4D-7BD0F7FB8EF3
If Possible a pic of the front lower A arms and CV angles after these were added, and next to the stock Bronco if possible? Looks Great . Thanks!

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They don't change the suspension geometry, but they do add preload lift which can change the resting CV and seeing angels. You would need to do a diff & steering rack drop, or run portals to avoid this.

When making these changes we keep them within tolerance. When we measured it during testing it was only a few degrees, and more than acceptable. Not magic, just numbers.
I wouldn't go that far!
I would guess this is why we're seeing all the tie rod and CV boot issues, the acceptability of sh_t happens...
I have no idea about "seeing angels" but the steering angles are bound to change! lol

JABronco87

Base
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door Base 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So these look like they work by moving the existing spring perch up 2 inches. So that results in the coilover's piston being 2" further into the droop side of it's stroke right? It would give you the same compression but less droop. How does that affect articulation? Does it cause issues with the bilstein's position sensitive damping? I can imagine the spring slamming compressed fully before the damping has a chance to slow wheel travel.
This has to mess with how the shock is designed to work. The preload is now way off and it will compress a lot different than designed. The traditional spacer seems a better option to me especially if you still want that smooth ride.

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This has to mess with how the shock is designed to work. The preload is now way off and it will compress a lot different than designed. The traditional spacer seems a better option to me especially if you still want that smooth ride.
Additional preload should be marginal as it doesn't compress the spring. It just moves the resting place of the stroke. You end up with less droop and more compression stroke.
Sponsored