First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm running the 35" BFG KM3 Mud Terrains on my base Sas and they don't seem to be any worse than the various tires on my previous trucks. I thought they would be stiff and noisy but they aren't and I really like the ride which is stiff with the 35's and Sas. The original Goodyears were pretty soft, you could feel that. I don't listen to music at all when I'm driving and I usually leave the windows cracked open and I don't really notice them. I do see people looking at my truck when I pull up to stop signs or traffic lights so I'm guessing they're making some noise. I've had some Mickey Thompson Baja AT's, BFG KO2's, General Grabber AT2, Goodyear MT, Amp AT, Ohtani S2000 and back in the day the Sears AT tires. The Mickey's were ridiculous and the rest of them were very similar for ride and noise. There probably isn't a quiet truck tire that has any type of decent tread pattern.

Edit: Today I went to my brother's house for Thanksgiving and I had the windows closed for the first time in a while and I could hear them humming so they are definitely louder than the other AT tires I've had. But it drives and rides fine for me so I don't really notice it.

Ford Bronco Swapped Goodyears for KO2s - noticeably worse ride quality bronco_comp4
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the Goodyear Territory tires. I've got 27k miles on them now with a lot of off-road miles and I couldn't be happier. Super smooth on the highway and grippy off-road. I'm in Colorado and up in mountains on a regular basis...never had an issue on the road or off road, summer or winter. They are engineered specifically for the Bronco based on Ford's requirements (shocks, springs, etc.).

A lot of it is personal choice based on what your preferences are. For me, the Territory's are a very good tire.

It's my opinion that you don't have to hate one tire to love another. Find what works best for you and what you like and enjoy it to the fullest.

MrBell

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think tire opinions are largely based on the quality of roads folks drive on. I live in a urban environment where the concrete panel roads are hammered by buses on a daily basis. The road is broken up and the KO2's can't absorb even the most minor imperfection. Makes for a fatiguing ride. Ironically if I lived 2 miles south (outside the city limits) the roads are perfect, princess pavement. I often joke that most of the forest roads I drive on are smoother than the city streets l live on. Go figure.

I've got to believe there is a tire that can make the ride better.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is a good post. I love it when people compare a Bronco with the goodyear tires to a lifted Gladiator on 35" mud tires and talk about how good the ride is on the Bronco vs the jeep. I'm agreed those these goodyears ride really smoothly. They throw rocks, suck offroad, but for a general purpose tire they fit the bill. I'll probably do a mud tire next on my Bronco, but at least I know what to expect

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a good post. I love it when people compare a Bronco with the goodyear tires to a lifted Gladiator on 35" mud tires and talk about how good the ride is on the Bronco vs the jeep. I'm agreed those these goodyears ride really smoothly. They throw rocks, suck offroad, but for a general purpose tire they fit the bill. I'll probably do a mud tire next on my Bronco, but at least I know what to expect
They don't suck at all off-road. Sure, there are better tires for rock crawling, etc., but these tires don't suck. I've also had some good talks with the Bronco Off-Roadeo staff members who love the tires and who have put them to the test for thousands of off-road miles.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Harley Trike, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my 2 cents...

You cant have a tire that has both awesome off road capability AND good ride quality on the highway.

Its one or the other NEVER both!

So which is more important to you Performance and quality ON THE ROAD? or performance for when your OFF ROAD?

Never go OFF ROAD? Then you shouldn't have bought a Bronco.

You can get tires that balance on road performance and off road performance. but those tires wont be the best at either.

MrBell

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Replacing my OEM KO2 tires Tuesday with FALKEN WILDPEAK A/T3W tires. Sticking with the stock size. They are a 2-ply, C load range. TireRack sales associate said they'd ride much better than the KO2.

Fingers crossed.

OP
OP

TrdProDad

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Replacing my OEM KO2 tires Tuesday with FALKEN WILDPEAK A/T3W tires. Sticking with the stock size. They are a 2-ply, C load range. TireRack sales associate said they'd ride much better than the KO2.

Fingers crossed.
Keep us posted!!