Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Badlands non-sas
The KO2s are Load range C and 116 service descr - the same as the Goodyears.

Bumps are now transmitted to the cabin with much more umph. I’m totally bummed out. The Goodyear tread pattern scared me for interstate heavy rain driving but they were a very smooth ride.

I may swap them back or look into Toyos. What a waste of time and money.

Any similar stories?
Previous ride was a Tacoma with KO2s. They also rode harshly but I attributed that to the E sidewall rating
Check the air pressure vs what you had on the Goodyears. When they swap the tires they may have put more pressure in the KO2's than the Goodyears and that would explain what you are feeling.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TrdProDad

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At equivalent tire pressures (OEM 40 PSI), I prefer the ride quality of the Goodyears. To be specific, when hitting bumps in the road the vibrations through the cabin seem to be a much lower frequency thud rather than a higher frequency bang which to me seems like increased comfort.
Check the air pressure vs what you had on the Goodyears. When they swap the tires they may have put more pressure in the KO2's than the Goodyears and that would explain what you are feeling.

OP
OP

TrdProDad

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the highway, I think the Goodyear tread makes higher pitched whine compared to the KO2s.. Neither tire is particularly bad on the highway especially since the wind noise of the roof seems to overpower any possible tire noise. They arent worse on the highway than the KO2 just different.

Can you explain your comment on the highway noise? Man the Goodyear's are loud IMHO, but I do suspect the suspension is tuned for their much lighter weight.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agree
I’m waiting to see someone try the Milestar at PRO.

they are 7.5 lbs heavier than goodyear
The goodyears although their job is to flip rocks at your door are incredibly light.

mrgrayaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the highway, I think the Goodyear tread makes higher pitched whine compared to the KO2s.. Neither tire is particularly bad on the highway especially since the wind noise of the roof seems to overpower any possible tire noise. They arent worse on the highway than the KO2 just different.
Thank you!
I'm going to make the switch myself and see. I'm annoyed with how much tire roar my SAS has.

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
At equivalent tire pressures (OEM 40 PSI), I prefer the ride quality of the Goodyears. To be specific, when hitting bumps in the road the vibrations through the cabin seem to be a much lower frequency thud rather than a higher frequency bang which to me seems like increased comfort.
Drop them to 38 and it'll feel better I bet. Remember the cold temp means once you're on the road it'll actually warm up and increase pressure. Big tires like this do generate heat, so I bet your 40psi are pushing 42 to 43 psi or more when warm.

OP
OP

TrdProDad

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drop them to 38 and it'll feel better I bet. Remember the cold temp means once you're on the road it'll actually warm up and increase pressure. Big tires like this do generate heat, so I bet your 40psi are pushing 42 to 43 psi or more when warm.
At what psi does the light come on? I have had trouble getting the light off even after reinflating them

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
At what psi does the light come on? I have had trouble getting the light off even after reinflating them
I get the warning at 32psi I think. That's what I recall from winter. I've found 38psi in the goodyears is about perfect for fuel economy and trade off for comfort on the road.
Offroad I air down to about 12.

MrBell

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had it with the OEM KO2 tires supplied with my 2 door Badlands. I run them at 33psi and they're like wagon wheels on broken-up urban roads. I need a tire that can soak up the minor imperfections the KO2's are unable to handle. I've been shopping on TireRack, they suggested Hankook's but those are E rated tires. This seems counter intutitive as it is my understanding these are even more stiff.

What's a decent KO2 replacement that's not hard as rocks?

OP
OP

TrdProDad

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had it with the OEM KO2 tires supplied with my 2 door Badlands. I run them at 33psi and they're like wagon wheels on broken up urban roads. I need a tire that will soak up the minor imperfections the KO2's are unable to handle. I've been shopping on TireRack, they suggested Hankook's but those are E rated tires. This seem counter intutitive as it is my understanding these are even more stiff.

I'm loving the OEM optional Goodyears - especially if you're interested in improved ride quality.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...Model=Wrangler+Territory+MT&partnum=87SR7WTMT

Sponsored

BadlandsCable

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I swapped to KO2 and love them. I have E-rated version. Ride, control is so much better in my experience than the Goodyear and tires don't pick up rocks like the factory tires. I am coming from a Jeep Wrangler, so I think it rides like a Cadillac in comparison.

You may try to lower tire pressure to see if that offsets the bump response. I ran them around 26-28 psi on the Jeep. Running 40psi on the Bronco.
I was happy to hear this, almost ready for new tires and tired of the Goodyear noise and rocks.
There was a time when BFGs were the best. I quit using them when I could never keep them in balance. They have a great and loyal following, but I'm glad I made the switch. They do look good though.
How do you like your Toyo’s?

FDHog

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat FX4, 22 Road Glide ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had it with the OEM KO2 tires supplied with my 2 door Badlands. I run them at 33psi and they're like wagon wheels on broken-up urban roads. I need a tire that can soak up the minor imperfections the KO2's are unable to handle. I've been shopping on TireRack, they suggested Hankook's but those are E rated tires. This seems counter intutitive as it is my understanding these are even more stiff.

I have KO2's on my 2dr Badlands. Got rid of the OEM crap Goodyears. Run them at 33psi right now, but still have to chalk test them.
They ride fine. Remember, you're in a Badlands. It has a stiff suspension. Not so much the tire, but the Badlands suspension that is giving you the rough ride. I don't know what you were driving before this, but it's the nature of the beast. BTW, I get up over 80mph and mine are perfectly balanced.

MrBell

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have KO2's on my 2dr Badlands. Got rid of the OEM crap Goodyears. Run them at 33psi right now, but still have to chalk test them.
They ride fine. Remember, you're in a Badlands. It has a stiff suspension. Not so much the tire, but the Badlands suspension that is giving you the rough ride. I don't know what you were driving before this, but it's the nature of the beast. BTW, I get up over 80mph and mine are perfectly balanced.
I replaced the stock suspension with Bilstein 6112.

FDHog

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat FX4, 22 Road Glide ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That might be your problem. Those shocks are meant for Off-Road performance.
I think I ran my KO2"S on my old JK at 30psi and they wore fine. I might be dropping mine down to 30.

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands 2dr non-Sas on stock 285/70R17 KO2s and run them 30 psi cold. The pressure Ford suggests on the door jam is absurd. I’m convinced the only reason they do so is because of the Firestone debacle from 20 yrs ago.

PS- with that said I do think the stock Badlands Bilsteins ride like shit.
Sponsored