LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you tried draining the winter air out of the Ko2s and putting in summer air?
Sponsored

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have you tried draining the winter air out of the Ko2s and putting in summer air?
Yes, expired out dated air is of poor quality and must be transfused for new air..

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like the Ko2s a lot, but will prob go Toyo when they need to be replaced though
Toyo what? Currently looking for new tires for my F150. Which Toyo are you experienced with? Thanks

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what psi do you recommend? 32? 35? They are at 40 now
There’s your problem. Lower the tire pressure.

Were the Goodyears at 40 psi too?

Start at 35 psi at the most. I currently run 32/30 with 37s. Nice ride with full contact patch on the road.

OP
OP

TrdProDad

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Coming back to this thread.. I put 15k on the KO2s and I've put the Goodyears back on.
The ride quality is back to OEM levels, there is definitely a different noise on the highway and they do make the truck feel a tad more nimble.

In terms of gravel, my plans for the upcoming summer have changed so that is less of a concern and I like the retro vibe of the sidewall design.

I have an unregistered beat up jeep for light off-roading and the bronco stays on pavement so that was never a concern. I bought the Bronco cause I wanted the manual transmission and a cool looking vehicle not for hardcore off-roading.

Its been almost a week back on the Goodyears and so far I am glad to have made the switch back. I know this is a very unpopular opinion on these forums but this is where I am.

Sponsored

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Coming back to this thread.. I put 15k on the KO2s and I've put the Goodyears back on.
The ride quality is back to OEM levels, there is definitely a different noise on the highway and they do make the truck feel a tad more nimble.

In terms of gravel, my plans for the upcoming summer have changed so that is less of a concern and I like the retro vibe of the sidewall design.

I have an unregistered beat up jeep for light off-roading and the bronco stays on pavement so that was never a concern. I bought the Bronco cause I wanted the manual transmission and a cool looking vehicle not for hardcore off-roading.

Its been almost a week back on the Goodyears and so far I am glad to have made the switch back. I know this is a very unpopular opinion on these forums but this is where I am.
Good move bfgs suck so bad they never do anything well and horrible at everything.

mrgrayaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Can you explain your comment on the highway noise? Man the Goodyear's are loud IMHO, but I do suspect the suspension is tuned for their much lighter weight.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands non-sas
The KO2s are Load range C and 116 service descr - the same as the Goodyears.

Bumps are now transmitted to the cabin with much more umph. I’m totally bummed out. The Goodyear tread pattern scared me for interstate heavy rain driving but they were a very smooth ride.

I may swap them back or look into Toyos. What a waste of time and money.

Any similar stories?
Previous ride was a Tacoma with KO2s. They also rode harshly but I attributed that to the E sidewall rating
I swapped the Goodyears TO the KO2's on my OBX. Significantly better ride quality.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting that you initially swapped the goodyears out due to rain. They have been an excellent rain tire for me, very grippy.

I wish they came in other sizes, I'd buy some 37s.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you explain your comment on the highway noise? Man the Goodyear's are loud IMHO, but I do suspect the suspension is tuned for their much lighter weight.
the suspension doesn’t carry the weight of the tires?

WildtrakBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I swapped the Goodyears TO the KO2's on my OBX. Significantly better ride quality.
did the same recently on my Wiltrak. I had BFG KO2s in the past which is why I switched to them; knowing I would get rid of the awful road noise and rock flinging from the Goodyears.

Everyone's mileage is different though. Really interested to see how the KO3 does as it becomes more widely available

mrgrayaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the suspension doesn’t carry the weight of the tires?
No, the suspension carries the car.

Heavier wheels and tires combos contribute significantly to slower acceleration, worse braking, worse fuel economy, and significantly worse suspension response to road irregularlies - eg ride.
It behooves you to run the lightest wheel/tire combo possible to meet your requirements - largely why I assume Ford chose the Territory MT. Remember the Sasquatch only is rated 17mpg highway as it is. Bet it's 16mpg with BFG KOs.

That said the Territory MT is NOISY and it annoys me....and I am missing a lot paint on my rock panels already...
Sponsored