Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was searching the forum and came across some comments in posts about the rear swing gate, and the ability to hold a 35” tire. That’s a lot of weight on a couple hinges when it’s open.

Anyone who has their Bronco already have any comments on this? I know it’s early days, and I have to imagine Ford taking these things through the Off Rodeo events and hard-core off road settings these would have been tested very thoroughly, but it’s one part of the vehicle I’m concerned on. How’s the stability of that rear swing gate when it’s open?

Full disclosure: I’ve never owned a vehicle with a rear-cargo door mounted spare tire. I’m not sure how the Jeeps hold up, if there is a modification/aftermarket solution to increase durability, etc. Maybe some Jeep folks on here can comment on this from their own experience/current vehicle (especially if it has a 35” spare tire).

I welcome any feedback/comments on this!
Sponsored

Last edited:

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would imagine that if Ford offered a package with 35s on the Bronco that they would develop a swing gate capable of handling that stress. I know what assuming does though. Weirder things have happened.

BearPatrol

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm already expecting the swing gate rattle to be the 6th Gen equivalent to the 5th Gen tailgate window.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would imagine that if Ford offered a package with 35s on the Bronco that they would develop a swing gate capable of handling that stress. I know what assuming does though. Weirder things have happened.
I would hope you’re right on that. I imagine it’d also be a warranty issue if there was anything that came up as well.
Sponsored