Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy All

For those that have run their CB or GMRS antenna on the tail gate. How did you route the coax to it?

I am thinking of making a bracket to go between the tail gate hinge bolts. I want to put a 3 or 4 foot Firestick on it. The problem I am having it running the coax from inside the tail area to the bottom of the ANT.

I really don't want to drill a hole. I figure I might snake out the gap on the hinge side, but I am not sure it will without pinching.

So how do I get it to the bottom of the ANT and keep it looking good and tight?
Sponsored

Moribach

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You can go through the tailgate and out one of the airflaps in behind the tire bracket. Just pull off the plastic bracket and follow the OEM wiring.

If you've got a tailgate reinforcement you could hide it behind that or secure it along it.

Maybe that helps?

OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can go through the tailgate and out one of the airflaps in behind the tire bracket. Just pull off the plastic bracket and follow the OEM wiring.

If you've got a tailgate reinforcement you could hide it behind that or secure it along it.

Maybe that helps?
That helps. I haven't dove into it to much, I didn't want to get started until I knew what I was going to do.

I am looking at getting a GMRS the Midland MTX275 also. I am looking at using the ghost antenna for that one off one of the ditch lights.

Now I am trying to figure out how to mount both of them, and where to put the Mic's.

Thanks

Moribach

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That helps. I haven't dove into it to much, I didn't want to get started until I knew what I was going to do.

I am looking at getting a GMRS the Midland MTX275 also. I am looking at using the ghost antenna for that one off one of the ditch lights.

Now I am trying to figure out how to mount both of them, and where to put the Mic's.

Thanks
Lots of options there. Mountains2Metal has some brackets that could be handy for you.

They make a mount for in above the glovebox that fits the 275:

https://mountains2metal.com/under-dash-mount-for-amp-radio-fits-2021-ford-bronco/

I put mine there without the bracket

They also make a front mount that you could put by your mirror for the ghost:

https://mountains2metal.com/BR6LAPAM/

I myself wired it in and put it in the glovebox area as noted, ran power through the aux cable. My antenna is mounted in the rear window because I didnt want to screw around on the tailgate of my raptor nor out the front. My mic is off my Archtype Racing grip handle and I put my phone for maps above. But you could run the mic up top to as I used to do that.

Ford Bronco Tail gate CB ANT. Coax routing? 20230729_152524
Ford Bronco Tail gate CB ANT. Coax routing? 20230729_153413
Ford Bronco Tail gate CB ANT. Coax routing? 20230729_152522

seanoj

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ran a 6 meter wire from the tailgate (cut a slit in the "gland" that has the tailgate light wiring" to the glove box area. Perfect length. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0842B1WFS

One warning to all: do not use this antenna bracket if you have a Sasquatch: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XDHS1LR

It doesn't fit between the tire an the tailgate. It might if you have a smaller tire (or tires with more offset).

If someone has a good bracket for mounting an antenna near the tire, I am interested.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You run the cable behind the rear passenger side interior panel, through the notch cutout with the other wires running to the tailgate, and through either the same grommet as the camera/brake light wires or through one of the vents. I have two antenna cable through the grommet and wires for the chase lights through the vents.

I'm at work and can't get interior pictures, but this is what I have on my tablet:
This was while I was installing my tailgate support and the wires are ziptied up cleaner now, but you can see two antenna wires coming out of the rubber grommet and run through the tire carrier to the upper hinge mount. I could have actually hid them even more through the tailgate support and may whenever I have them off again.

Ford Bronco Tail gate CB ANT. Coax routing? IMG_3651

Ford Bronco Tail gate CB ANT. Coax routing? IMG_3674
Sponsored

Last edited: