First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No rattle? I'd seen some say lots of rattle and turned me off of it. Was leaning towards a molle grid instead. That'd be great news.

Sorry about your woes though. At least it's not a major repair, and shouldn't be on your dime. I'd still be pissed.
I think they updated it with extra rubber bump stops. I was one of the ones complaining about the rattle originally, but I notice a little strip of rubber now where contact was being made .

Alpine Blue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 6.7l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks for the tip. ive got one that should be delivered any day but ill be doing the install.

Sponsored
OP
OP
thesyncguru

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I work at the dealership so that poor installer has to see me every day lol. It isn't costing me anything nor should it. But looks like about a $3k ticket at the body shop, yikes. At least I didn't put the first scratch on it I guess. Years ago I would have flown off the handle, but shit happens and every technician here now knows to not screw it up on all the others. And it locks so tight there is no possible way it could rattle.

No rattle? I'd seen some say lots of rattle and turned me off of it. Was leaning towards a molle grid instead. That'd be great news.

Sorry about your woes though. At least it's not a major repair, and shouldn't be on your dime. I'd still be pissed.
See

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was professionally installed.

I think the moral of the story is to make sure they’ve done this install before, or at least make sure they’re aware of this issue. I wouldn’t depend on a Ford service department to figure it out, perhaps too late.
thats a good call

OP
OP
thesyncguru

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I work at the dealership so that poor installer has to see me every day lol. It isn't costing me anything nor should it. But looks like about a $3k ticket at the body shop, yikes. At least I didn't put the first scratch on it I guess. Years ago I would have flown off the handle, but shit happens and every technician here now knows to not screw it up on all the others. And it locks so tight there is no possible way it could rattle.

See

OP
OP
thesyncguru

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These installers must be using an awfully dull bit with a lot of pressure. All the more reason to do your own mods.
Apparently they just grab the longest but they can find and push it all the way through lol. If I didn't work here I probably would have done it myself as it isn't overly difficult and I would have taken more caution.

Sponsored
OP
OP
thesyncguru

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much did they charge for install? Mine’s been in the box for months because I’ve heard the horror stories and been waiting until I need it, but if the price is reasonable...

Also, does it rattle?
No rattle. The latches are super tight. I don't see a need for insulation at this point but would be an easy solution down the road if it became an issue

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think they updated it with extra rubber bump stops. I was one of the ones complaining about the rattle originally, but I notice a little strip of rubber now where contact was being made .
Why did he put a sticker over the hole?
🤦🏼‍♂️
Someone needs to tell him about wax!

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The sheet metal exterior for the swing gate itself not the accessory.
Why not just do the body work to fix it. You don’t replace a whole gate for a drill hole

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question for anyone who has one of these tailgate tables, can you put light-ish stuff on the Molle grid and still use the table and just have the stuff stay on the bottom of the table when you flip it down?
Sponsored