Sponsored

Taillight DRL in Canada for Sept. 2021 (2022 MY)

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Wonder if the 2021 will comply since it's a brand new model?
What are the lighting laws in the US?
Do you guys have DRL in the front yet?
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not required in the US.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Not required in the US.
Shame...
I just read an article that with amber rear signals, for example, you're 5X less likely to get rear ended! When they added the 3rd brake light, it was a reduction of 25%.
I hate red signals!

TorontoGuy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The regulation states that starting in September 2021, new vehicles sold in Canada must have ONE of the following:
  • tail lights that come on automatically with daytime running lights
  • headlights, tail lights, and side marker lights that turn on automatically in the dark
  • a dashboard that stays dark to alert the driver to turn on the lights
Since the Bronco will have "auto" headlights, I believe it will already conform to the new regulations right off the bat.

Source: https://tc.canada.ca/en/road-transp...r-seats/using-your-vehicle-lights-see-be-seen

Sponsored
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
The regulation states that starting in September 2021, new vehicles sold in Canada must have ONE of the following:
  • tail lights that come on automatically with daytime running lights
  • headlights, tail lights, and side marker lights that turn on automatically in the dark
  • a dashboard that stays dark to alert the driver to turn on the lights
Since the Bronco will have "auto" headlights, I believe it will already conform to the new regulations right off the bat.

Source: https://tc.canada.ca/en/road-transp...r-seats/using-your-vehicle-lights-see-be-seen
But 2020 Ford's do not comply with the tail lights. And maybe 2021 Broncos up until September might not as well....
Auto headlights... I have that in my 2019 Escape. It's obviously just the headlights.
This law should of been mandated right from the DRL law. Just your typical auto manufacture doing the bare minimum.
Volvo has been doing this for years already. Ahead of the curve ?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not necessarily.

My Sprinter had auto lights which I used most of the time. But....if they were accidentally turend off or if someone else was driving and turned them off the dash lights stayed on. I was so used to having them on auto that I didn't always check if they were on and, because the dash lights were always on, there was no visual warning. Frustrating and dumb.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
My DRLs are the low beam headlights. I turn them off unless needed. If I had dedicated ones I wouldn't. Pain in the ass to change out the bulbs. Sounds like Canada is trying to make things fool proof. Good luck with that. "There is no such thing as making something that is foolproof because fools are ingenious" (Samuel Clemens)...

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My DRLs are the low beam headlights. I turn them off unless needed. If I had dedicated ones I wouldn't. Pain in the ass to change out the bulbs. Sounds like Canada is trying to make things fool proof. Good luck with that. "There is no such thing as making something that is foolproof because fools are ingenious" (Samuel Clemens)...
How often are you changing out your lights?

I'm just one Canadian but I don't do it enough to consider it a pain in the ass.

The arguments against DRLs all boil down to "I just don't wanna." I see no negatives to them. I don't know why you'd ever turn them off.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
How often are you changing out your lights?

I'm just one Canadian but I don't do it enough to consider it a pain in the ass.

The arguments against DRLs all boil down to "I just don't wanna." I see no negatives to them. I don't know why you'd ever turn them off.
Tight quarters and slicing my hand open on the sharp edges on my Sierra in order to get to the driver's side bulb was enough for me. Off they go at start up. But then again, I'm smart enough to know when to turn them on, don't need the government to dictate it. On the other hand, I never ride my motorcycle without it being on. Common sense and all that...

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tight quarters and slicing my hand open on the sharp edges on my Sierra in order to get to the driver's side bulb was enough for me. Off they go at start up. But then again, I'm smart enough to know when to turn them on, don't need the government to dictate it. On the other hand, I never ride my motorcycle without it being on. Common sense and all that...
Maybe you know when but do others? Some, unfortunately, need the government to think for them. There's no situation where having them off is better than on. I'd rather everyone have them for the same reason you always use them on your motorcycle.

I've changed headlights maybe four or five times in 20 years. Not a huge deal to me.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe you know when but do others? Some, unfortunately, need the government to think for them. There's no situation where having them off is better than on. I'd rather everyone have them for the same reason you always use them on your motorcycle.

I've changed headlights maybe four or five times in 20 years. Not a huge deal to me.
We agree some need the government to think for them. Kind of like classes being dumbed down to accommodate the slowest learner. Sad state of affairs...

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We agree some need the government to think for them. Kind of like classes being dumbed down to accommodate the slowest learner. Sad state of affairs...
I'm sure there are still people that think airbags and seat belts also kill.... Lol

Yeah, I meant DRL... In the Bronco case, the sig lighting. This new law would require the tail lights to ALSO be on 24/7

I can't tell you how many morons I see driving with their lights off because hey, my "headlights"are on...
Not that long ago, they had to revise the law to have the dash and instrument lights off unless the headlights were manually switched on. Toyota comes to mind in this case
Sponsored