Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Your Bronco Model
Base
For those that need written material.
There is also a procedure in the manual... my problem with both is the part in this pdf as steps 3 and 4. I can't believe pulling where indicated won't break the piece. The fasteners look to be one way as in they spread out and have to be squeezed from the back. I just did this and was really struggling until I found the video that shows pulling the quarter panel side away and the lamp/trim all coming off together. The video way was successful for me.

I would love to see a video demo of this procedure or the one in the manual to help me understand... maybe these panels are tougher than I think but I didn't want to find out with my Antimatter Blue one.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is also a procedure in the manual... my problem with both is the part in this pdf as steps 3 and 4. I can't believe pulling where indicated won't break the piece. The fasteners look to be one way as in they spread out and have to be squeezed from the back. I just did this and was really struggling until I found the video that shows pulling the quarter panel side away and the lamp/trim all coming off together. The video way was successful for me.

I would love to see a video demo of this procedure or the one in the manual to help me understand... maybe these panels are tougher than I think but I didn't want to find out with my Antimatter Blue one.
They’re stronger than you think. I wired mine for flat towing and pulled both sides with no issue whatsoever.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Found this video and this worked for me. Haven't seen much posted on this, just sharing!

Thank you! I plan on putting LEDs into my BD.... And then hopefully never have to go in there again..

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just upgraded my BD reverse lights to LEDs. Can confirm that following the steps as documented in the owners manual works just fine. Make sure you disengage the rearmost fender quarter-turn fastener BEFORE trying to take off the lower trim piece below the light housing.

When removing the lower trim piece, start from the inside edge (next to the cargo floor). I pulled mine in more of a straight back motion, starting at the very bottom, then levered the top clip away, and then worked the trim piece around to the side of the vehicle (toward the fender) running my hand along the top edge to disengage the slots at the top next to the fender. I would not recommend rotating the lower trim piece around an axis just behind the rear fender as the illustration in the manual seems to imply.

The guy in the video probably didn't have / wasn't aware this is in the OM. The most difficult part for me was one of the six pushpins; seems like I always end up with a pushpin that won't "unscrew" b/c the threads don't bite on anything. Fortunately, I have lots of extra clips and pins, LOL.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just replaced the halogen bulbs with much brighter LED ones, and made my own video following the process outlined in the owner's manual. I think my process is better than the one shown in the video posted above, but some may disagree. I agree the lower trim piece is the toughest part. Definitely disengage the rear-most part of the fender flare first. I did more or a brute force method to remove it, but I agree with with @imaginager it would be best to 'running my hand along the top edge to disengage the slots at the top next to the fender'

Here is my video link
Sponsored