First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Those headrests rusting is certainly a sign that some salt air condensed on those brackets. We have a waterfront condo in Naples with a convertible parked less than 150 yards from the ocean, often outside, and I’ve never seen rust on chromed inside surfaces. We do get that salty film on our windshield and other exterior surfaces after just a few days parked outside.
Sponsored

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah. I'm in North Carolina and summer mornings you wake up to everything outside being soaked even without a drop of rain. The humidity can be brutal.

Nope, there is no moisture smell my bronco seems to be sealed well. I have left the top down several nights over the summer but never in rain.
I've seen many convertible vehicles in my time new and not so old have surface rust on the seats under-framing, that is quit common. The headrest posts are chrome coated, and that is from moisture. You said you haven't done anything to promote this. Yes you have. You have left the top down overnight, many of nights in summer. Moisture in the air not rain caused this. Dew is moisture, midnight air is moist and the big word HUMIDITY. That is why you see this is all the hidden areas. The headrest posts can be wiped away for the most part.

Edit: the seat frames will not get any worse. Its just surface rust. You can take your hand and it will rub off on it. They will not rust excessively like a older vehicles fenders.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lets see here average morning 4-6am summer humidity levels in Delaware

Screenshot_20230307-213023.png
He's in Northern Virginia, so the humidity is even worse (I can say from experience). I don't have soft top experience, but with the humidity and occasional large temperature swings I wonder if moisture could be condensing on the interior sometimes? Hard tops don't do this but maybe soft tops do? Others have mentioned condensation with leaving the top down... add in sitting for a few days or short commutes that don't allow the interior to dry out.. could be bad I guess.

Sucks no matter how it happened.

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lot of laughing going on here by people, but Ford is known for having rust problems, unlike and several others companies which resist rust far better. I once read about the metallurgical processes these companies put their metals through, but I can't remember after all these years.

Let's just say when Ford sends its metal, it's not sending the best.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I live 6 miles from the beach and go often, I have nothing like you have going on. That’s bizarre.
I'm 10 miles away and I don't have anything like this either.

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lot of laughing going on here by people, but Ford is known for having rust problems, unlike and several others companies which resist rust far better. I once read about the metallurgical processes these companies put their metals through, but I can't remember after all these years.

Let's just say when Ford sends its metal, it's not sending the best.
Rust and oxidization are two different things-one is a surface coating and the other is damaging the metal to a point that it will fail. You see oxidized steel on bridges etc, but if the parts aren't failing because of it, its not an issue.

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Corrosion warranty with ford is for perforation meaning holes have to form. This was a big issue with Explorers when the paint on the hood started bubbling and the aluminum hood would oxidize. Obviously not perforation but it was some form of corrosion. Because it did not go all the way through, dealers were turning people away left and right until Ford release a special bulletin to cover this condition.

2. I have seen most of the surface rust you have which is normal. I have never seen a headrest mount rust at all before. This one is new to me.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have any kids or friends you let drive the truck? Other thing, how long nd where did this truck set before you took delivery. Maybe this was one that was shipped to P.R..

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe this was one that was shipped to P.R..
Always someone has to throw out ridiculous conspiracy theories. Why in the world would you think it was shipped to PR? LOL!!! He is the first owner. He does not live in PR, furthermore if a Bronco is slated to PR from Michigan plant it goes to Jacksonville port. If the buyer wishes to not go thru with purchase before it gets on the boat it is sent to auction in Jacksonville. PR dealers will not pay for shipping over water.

OP
OP
fwade4

fwade4

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Always someone has to throw out ridiculous conspiracy theories. Why in the world would you think it was shipped to PR? LOL!!! He is the first owner. He does not live in PR, furthermore if a Bronco is slated to PR from Michigan plant it goes to Jacksonville port. If the buyer wishes to not go thru with purchase before it gets on the boat it is sent to auction in Jacksonville. PR dealers will not pay for shipping over water.
Yeah, I definitely think it was shipped straight to my dealer. I honestly think one or two days of seaspray must have done this. I would have hoped that all metal pieces would have had some coating on it or painted given that the Bronco allows for the removal of the doors and top and was "born wild". I still absolutely love this truck, just a little surprised/disappointed.

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
for most part thats all surface oxidation vs corrosion. No manufacturer will cover that. Sucks for sure but its not corrosion. Look under your vehicle if you really want to lose your mind.

Jersey250

Base
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I cant speak to the interior rust, but my wife's Bronco has been to the dealer 3 times for charging issues. al three times they have replaced connectors under the hood due to excessive corrosion. we don't off road the truck or drive it in deep water. I do power wash the truck but never under the hood.

John P.

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, that’s insane.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah, I'm afraid it's Ocean 1 and Bronco 0. Saltwater spray on bare metal is going to corrode. Saltwater spray on chrome if not cleaned will rust at some point.

I hate to think what the underside of the Bronco looks like.
I agree regarding Stainless rusting from exposure to salt water. I live a few miles inland from Monterey Bay. We get a load of fog and the preaviling winds come in off the bay. I have a stainless steel grill and out door fridge. They both get rusty from the ocean mist. I have to keep after them and clean them with stainless cleaner but they still get rusty. Salt water is tough on all metals, finishes, etc.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty much normal on components that you can't see when in normal driving position. Remember, it's a $30k vehicle with $30k worth of options, don't expect too much.
Sponsored