2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
question when in tow mode does it turn off the auto start and stop?? if so would tricking the system into thinking its towing disable that annoying feature?
You can disable it in forscan. Had mine disabled in my f150 for 3+ yrs now.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep and Colorado itā€™s 2999 I believe. Iā€™m using a WDH and plan to get the brake controller plugged in, just need to do a little more investigating or change the plug out
I'll be installing the redarc tow pro in our Bronco. Should be a simple removal from current suv and use the Bronco harness and mount the dial. Redarc has been great while towing offroad on sketchy rocky trails.

OP
OP
Kaopeterson

Kaopeterson

Badlands
First Name
Robert Peterson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be installing the redarc tow pro in our Bronco. Should be a simple removal from current suv and use the Bronco harness and mount the dial. Redarc has been great while towing offroad on sketchy rocky trails.
I think thatā€™s the one in the accessory catalog. Iā€™ll probably get the same if I canā€™t get mine to pair up

JackBoston

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I needed a new 2in drop hitch with a 12in extension and a few extra chain links, to make this work, for my boat, yours might be different. Prior was Explorer 3 1/4 drop with no extension.

20210816_120306.jpg

20210816_104723.jpg

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think thatā€™s the one in the accessory catalog. Iā€™ll probably get the same if I canā€™t get mine to pair up
It is but it saves me from having the buy the entire kit, I can hopefully just grab the harness.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I needed a new 2in drop hitch with a 12in extension and a few extra chain links, to make this work, for my boat, yours might be different. Prior was Explorer 3 1/4 drop with no extension.

Ford Bronco Tested out towing a 2900 lbs trailer with 2.7 Badlands w/ tow package 20210816_104723

Ford Bronco Tested out towing a 2900 lbs trailer with 2.7 Badlands w/ tow package 20210816_104723
Well, I'm not going to run a 12" extension when Im yanking 3k pounds around on trails. I do have the option to add a factory tongue extension on my trailer's frame to allow the rear door to swing open when needed. My trailer tongue sits high (23" level) I only need a 2" drop with my 6" lifted on 35s f150. Wife's grand Cherokee uses a 2.75' rise, so wouldn't think Id be needing a drop on the Bronco.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tested out the towing yesterday and in general it was great. Had to switch hitches to my weight distribution hitch since it is longer and the spare was in the way for my short trip hitch. Found out it has sway control. Didnā€™t add my brake controller because I couldnā€™t find the plug or maybe itā€™s different but the trailer weighs 2900 lbs so just under the required weight for needing one. Iā€™ll get one added before I head into the mountains as it gives some good piece of mind.

Specs: 2.7 Badlands high package w/ tow package

Thanks for the heads up on the spare tire interference. Did you notice an issue with the trailer jack contacting the spare tire when backing (e.g. that would be the first thing that jackknifed?) It almost looks like the jack would need to be repositioned if the Bronco will be towing the trailer regularly.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

JackBoston

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, I'm not going to run a 12" extension when Im yanking 3k pounds around on trails. I do have the option to add a factory tongue extension on my trailer's frame to allow the rear door to swing open when needed. My trailer tongue sits high (23" level) I only need a 2" drop with my 6" lifted on 35s f150. Wife's grand Cherokee uses a 2.75' rise, so wouldn't think Id be needing a drop on the Bronco.
I have a very light aluminum boat, no where near 3000lbs, so each situation is different. Use your best judgment. Yes, with the 12in extension tailgate opens fully, clears my trailer by a about 2in+

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
California requires brakes on trailers over 1500 pounds. A light weight WD hitch for 3000 pounds is a good idea to transfer some of the weight to the front wheels. When you get to the dirt road you can always remove the bars.
Once you use a WD with sway control, its hard to go back.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kaopeterson

Kaopeterson

Badlands
First Name
Robert Peterson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the heads up on the spare tire interference. Did you notice an issue with the trailer jack contacting the spare tire when backing (e.g. that would be the first thing that jackknifed?) It almost looks like the jack would need to be repositioned if the Bronco will be towing the trailer regularly.
Luckily I didnā€™t have to make any crazy turns as Iā€™ve had some fun past experiences with that. I donā€™t think I could get any closer to the jack unless it was swinging around. I should probably secure it so it canā€™t next time I go out.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Luckily I didnā€™t have to make any crazy turns as Iā€™ve had some fun past experiences with that. I donā€™t think I could get any closer to the jack unless it was swinging around. I should probably secure it so it canā€™t next time I go out.
Also, is the rear tailgate and hence the liftglass (if you had the top on) pretty much inaccessible with the trailer connected?

OP
OP
Kaopeterson

Kaopeterson

Badlands
First Name
Robert Peterson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, is the rear tailgate and hence the liftglass (if you had the top on) pretty much inaccessible with the trailer connected?
Great point. Totally would be inaccessible. Could make it a point to mount the spare on top of the camper for trips to make it easy but thatā€™s a pain.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Really nice looking set up. Both the Bronco and the Flagstaff!

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can disable it in forscan. Had mine disabled in my f150 for 3+ yrs now.
Why does it stop/start in the first place? Who do you take it to in order to disable it with forscan? Does disabling it void the warranty?
Sponsored