First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AcenTitus/Peter--welcome back to Missouri and arctic blasts you missed in Cali. I'm happy you've found footing and good luck as you craft your car selling skills. I echo the honesty approach.

Many of our forum members remember ChrispyKC. Well Chrispy is super knowledgeable like you Peter about the new Bronco. Last hear he helped me and other forum members understand characteristics as we were all speculating what this new Bronco would be capable of doing. Chrispy works at a Ford dealership in KC near me, so I chose him to be my dealer for my Bronco. He doesn't play games. When I had questions about my build, we texted and he gave me his honest opinion.

I value the integrity and character of the sales person. That's who I want to work with.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As an industrial electrician, the OP story is essentially my life.

Get a job.
Work at it until it is done.
Find a new job.

Been doing it 20+ years and I have done very well in this field.
Current job could have ended last fall. Still there gettin' 'er done.
Not sure where the next one will be. Not concerned about it, the work is always there.

I ordered a Bronco none the less, we always find a way.
Such is life.

OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting this one should pop back up today. Made my first sale this afternoon with my second ever customer (the first came in to look at the Base Bronco Sport last night but theyā€™d expressed some interest in a big Bronco in the notes in their file so I pulled the mannequin model Badlands around before they got there and sure enough weā€™re trying to find them one of those now).

The couple who bought the new Explorer I sold today test drove an Edge first and liked it but werenā€™t jumping up and down excited about it. Theyā€™d mentioned in passing they thought an explorer might work. Found them one for less than another one theyā€™d gotten excited about price wise, got them more than they expected for their trade in, and they left PUMPED in a vehicle they couldnā€™t stop giggling about and had named before they left the lot. THATā€™S what I was going for.

PS, I had a few places I looked at before taking this job, and Iā€™d been to several dealerships hunting down Bronco sports to see the colors. This was the one that said yeah man come in and test drive that Ranger no worries no pressure. This was the one where all the cars had green tags with prices below invoice (for real I made them show me multiple times and now I work there and still kinda canā€™t believe it and yet itā€™s true) to skip the haggle game. I get to focus on getting people amped about their choice. Thatā€™s my job. And if they arenā€™t excited about it, no one is yelling at me to push them. I found a dealership I liked going to as a customer, so I made that the place I go every day now. And Iā€™m getting paid to start geeking out on the F150s and Rangers and Explorers and Mustangs now in addition to the Bronco family. Again, genuinely not trying to snag peopleā€™s Bronco reservations (seriously I donā€™t think my day 2 reservation is going to be a 21 at this point, and I doubt that aggressive under invoice pricing will apply for obvious reasons, and most of all Iā€™d have no idea what to do about it to help you yet if you wanted to do that lol), but if you or a friend is in the St. Louis area and looking to buy a vehicle (that you can actually just go buy right now) at a dealership that made someone whoā€™s been on this forum every day since July get excited about joining the team, ā€œGo to Boā€ and ask for Peter. Chances are whatever vehicle youā€™re going to see Iā€™ll have watched just a buttload of videos on by the time you arrive if I havenā€™t already done a deep dive on that model (yā€™all see the pro power or the max recline or the workbench tailgate on the new F150?).

Just before I hit publish on this one I got a text from one of the managers letting me know I got a great review from the Explorer owners. I think Iā€™m gonna have a lot of fun at Bo Beuckman Ford.

PS weā€™ve got a F150 Tremor on the lot if youā€™re into that.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting this one should pop back up today.
Well, I'm totally geeked for you then on finding this place to work at!!!!

The dealer I deal with does not have those numbers posted on tags, but they are on their web site. ZERO pressure dealership also. Every thing under Xplan/invoice, (well, except the Bronco I ordered, that was just a hair over invoice).

Not having the number posted on the tags (i guess) gives them the oppurtunity to wow the walk-in customer who is truly interested in the vehiicle, that they can say "OK, here's what we can do for you on pricing...." and chop that number without even being asked.

That is how they dealt with me many moons ago on a used Super Duty. I thought it was a fair price to begin with...he asked if I had a trade in (NO) ...oh, ok then, we can deal better if we don't have to worry about dealing with conditioning another vehicle. He then lowered the price (by how much I have since forgotten, couple grand maybe???) and asked if that would work for me?
HELL YEAH it will!!!

I find it Interesting that the amount of the discount I have forgotten, but the over all experience I still remember. File that away in your box of notes!

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would wager I'm not alone in feeling the way I'm about to describe. This year has been nuts. I'm staring down the barrel of a layoff at the end of this month (I'll be fine,
I had enough saved up to buy a Bronco). Learning about this truck, getting the little bits of new information, it's become my daily escape during an incredibly stressful time. Maybe I'll be back on my feet by the time orders are being delivered. Maybe I'll know what state I'll be living in by the time I need to finalize my dealership. Or maybe I'll have to wait and lose my place in line (reserved on the 14th). All I can say for sure is how much I've been enjoying this ride since the reveal on the 13th. I've had my eye on this truck since 6g shared that render of the red bronco with the roof rack 3 years ago. When the real deal was finally revealed, I was all in (sorry Rav4 hybrid, you came close to earning my money).

A couple weeks ago I learned my job might be gone until next spring. But every day I'm here several times looking at what this thing can do, what it will be, and seeing everyone else getting just as excited (if not more). If it's this wonderful an escape just to think about, I know it'll be amazing to actually escape in it. Whether it's when I'd planned or a little farther down the road (or off it), I just felt the need to say thanks both to Ford for making this thing that brightens tough days and this community for the same thing. You guys rock. Now can someone please figure out what antimatter blue really looks like on the 2 door?

Where do you live and whatā€™s your background- maybe I can help with getting you a new gig or put you in touch with someone in my next work.

California /Supply Chain/Operations

Sponsored
OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where do you live and whatā€™s your background- maybe I can help with getting you a new gig or put you in touch with someone in my next work.

California /Supply Chain/Operations
That is exceptionally kind, thank you. I moved from California to Missouri back in October and got my real estate license right away and recently started working for a local Ford dealership that always made me feel great as a customer. Itā€™s quite a switch from acting/stunts/operations management/weapons maintenance which was my background, but itā€™s very nice. Your thoughtfulness is very much appreciated though!

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A number of you on this thread seem to know each other well but I was intrigued by the title and reviewed the posts. Just wanted to offer my congrats at landing on your feet. Best of luck at the dealership and I hope you help plenty of folks slide into their new Broncos. Glad to hear positive news during with all thatā€™s going on.

rhinoamerican

Wildtrak
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting this one should pop back up today. Made my first sale this afternoon with my second ever customer (the first came in to look at the Base Bronco Sport last night but theyā€™d expressed some interest in a big Bronco in the notes in their file so I pulled the mannequin model Badlands around before they got there and sure enough weā€™re trying to find them one of those now).

The couple who bought the new Explorer I sold today test drove an Edge first and liked it but werenā€™t jumping up and down excited about it. Theyā€™d mentioned in passing they thought an explorer might work. Found them one for less than another one theyā€™d gotten excited about price wise, got them more than they expected for their trade in, and they left PUMPED in a vehicle they couldnā€™t stop giggling about and had named before they left the lot. THATā€™S what I was going for.

PS, I had a few places I looked at before taking this job, and Iā€™d been to several dealerships hunting down Bronco sports to see the colors. This was the one that said yeah man come in and test drive that Ranger no worries no pressure. This was the one where all the cars had green tags with prices below invoice (for real I made them show me multiple times and now I work there and still kinda canā€™t believe it and yet itā€™s true) to skip the haggle game. I get to focus on getting people amped about their choice. Thatā€™s my job. And if they arenā€™t excited about it, no one is yelling at me to push them. I found a dealership I liked going to as a customer, so I made that the place I go every day now. And Iā€™m getting paid to start geeking out on the F150s and Rangers and Explorers and Mustangs now in addition to the Bronco family. Again, genuinely not trying to snag peopleā€™s Bronco reservations (seriously I donā€™t think my day 2 reservation is going to be a 21 at this point, and I doubt that aggressive under invoice pricing will apply for obvious reasons, and most of all Iā€™d have no idea what to do about it to help you yet if you wanted to do that lol), but if you or a friend is in the St. Louis area and looking to buy a vehicle (that you can actually just go buy right now) at a dealership that made someone whoā€™s been on this forum every day since July get excited about joining the team, ā€œGo to Boā€ and ask for Peter. Chances are whatever vehicle youā€™re going to see Iā€™ll have watched just a buttload of videos on by the time you arrive if I havenā€™t already done a deep dive on that model (yā€™all see the pro power or the max recline or the workbench tailgate on the new F150?).

Just before I hit publish on this one I got a text from one of the managers letting me know I got a great review from the Explorer owners. I think Iā€™m gonna have a lot of fun at Bo Beuckman Ford.

PS weā€™ve got a F150 Tremor on the lot if youā€™re into that.
You've got the new F150 Tremor on the lot? Can we see pictures?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just finally made it thorough the posts.
Catchy, positive-titled threads catch my eye.
I love that stuff.
I love a good, positive success story.

Congrats on rolling with it, having faith that things would work out.
Sounds fun.
I can't imagine doing anything other than what I do (managing a factory), and have been in manufacturing all my life.
It's what I'm wired for now, what I understand, what I do.
Sometimes really long, hard hours.
Sometimes a lot more firefighting than planning and working.
But it's the nature of the beast.
I often wonder about one day, as i get older, completely doing something less stressful, easier hours, and wonder if I could do it.
Congrats on the change and I'm happy just seeing how happy you are.
Here's to wishing you much success ongoing!

OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just finally made it thorough the posts.
Catchy, positive-titled threads catch my eye.
I love that stuff.
I love a good, positive success story.

Congrats on rolling with it, having faith that things would work out.
Sounds fun.
I can't imagine doing anything other than what I do (managing a factory), and have been in manufacturing all my life.
It's what I'm wired for now, what I understand, what I do.
Sometimes really long, hard hours.
Sometimes a lot more firefighting than planning and working.
But it's the nature of the beast.
I often wonder about one day, as i get older, completely doing something less stressful, easier hours, and wonder if I could do it.
Congrats on the change and I'm happy just seeing how happy you are.
Here's to wishing you much success ongoing!
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that (for a retirement gig) the "less stress" and "relaxing" part of selling cars only comes if you don't really need the money, and you work at a dealership that is willing to keep a low volume salesperson around. Sadly, like many things, we only see our side of this, but sales is a numbers game. The dealership is pushed by the manufacturer for volume and variety, and squeezed on margins by programs and customers, and this all flows downhill to the salesperson who needs to pay their mortgage and feed their family. # of sales comes out of number of contacts made comes out of time available to be in front of them.

I've always thought the same thing - I love cars, can talk to anyone, blah blah blah - but I've seen and read enough of the operational issues that I would not find most dealerships enjoyable - unless, of course, that one in a hundred kind of dealer and opportunity came along. ;)

OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that (for a retirement gig) the "less stress" and "relaxing" part of selling cars only comes if you don't really need the money, and you work at a dealership that is willing to keep a low volume salesperson around. Sadly, like many things, we only see our side of this, but sales is a numbers game. The dealership is pushed by the manufacturer for volume and variety, and squeezed on margins by programs and customers, and this all flows downhill to the salesperson who needs to pay their mortgage and feed their family. # of sales comes out of number of contacts made comes out of time available to be in front of them.

I've always thought the same thing - I love cars, can talk to anyone, blah blah blah - but I've seen and read enough of the operational issues that I would not find most dealerships enjoyable - unless, of course, that one in a hundred kind of dealer and opportunity came along. ;)
Yeah I only got to eat lunch on one of my ten hour days in the week since I started selling cars. 6 sales and 2 Bronco Sports ordered (both Area 51 and one was a Badlands) in my first week of sales. (First two weeks were getting me into the system, learning where things were, etc). Thinking Iā€™m going to have fun here. And maybe start keeping granola bars in my desk.
Sponsored