Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would wager I'm not alone in feeling the way I'm about to describe. This year has been nuts. I'm staring down the barrel of a layoff at the end of this month (I'll be fine,
I had enough saved up to buy a Bronco). Learning about this truck, getting the little bits of new information, it's become my daily escape during an incredibly stressful time. Maybe I'll be back on my feet by the time orders are being delivered. Maybe I'll know what state I'll be living in by the time I need to finalize my dealership. Or maybe I'll have to wait and lose my place in line (reserved on the 14th). All I can say for sure is how much I've been enjoying this ride since the reveal on the 13th. I've had my eye on this truck since 6g shared that render of the red bronco with the roof rack 3 years ago. When the real deal was finally revealed, I was all in (sorry Rav4 hybrid, you came close to earning my money).

A couple weeks ago I learned my job might be gone until next spring. But every day I'm here several times looking at what this thing can do, what it will be, and seeing everyone else getting just as excited (if not more). If it's this wonderful an escape just to think about, I know it'll be amazing to actually escape in it. Whether it's when I'd planned or a little farther down the road (or off it), I just felt the need to say thanks both to Ford for making this thing that brightens tough days and this community for the same thing. You guys rock. Now can someone please figure out what antimatter blue really looks like on the 2 door?
Sponsored

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@AcenTitus Thank you for this post and thanks for sharing. Itā€™s often hard to put our vulnerabilities on display. while Iā€™m not good at giving advice I do wish you the best on your journey - I only hope that everything works out - you should ditch CA and move to TX!

I agree - that this place has provided an escape at times, as a distraction from lifeā€™s realities but also a place to bond both in madness and joy.

Again, I wish you best.

OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@AcenTitus Thank you for this post and thanks for sharing. Itā€™s often hard to put our vulnerabilities on display. while Iā€™m not good at giving advice I do wish you the best on your journey - I only hope that everything works out - you should ditch CA and move to TX!

I agree - that this place has provided an escape at times, as a distraction from lifeā€™s realities but also a place to bond both in madness and joy.

Again, I wish you best.
Thanks! I really am gonna be just fine. If losing out on a year of off roading is the worst I have to face, I know I'm far more blessed than many right now who stand to lose so much more if/ when their industries fold. Seemed worth sharing that this group that can rock a 50 page thread on a build and price tool not being available yet is serving a serious public good right now and the diversion is very appreciated. Seriously I laughed my ass off today seeing how many pages the build and price thread was at. Keep at it wing nuts! You guys really do make a bleak time brighter! Brighter... like antimatter blue in the sun even though it looks black in pretty much every picture...

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, I hope things work out alright for you. A lot of people are definitely struggling at this time. Although my reservation was kinda late at least other enthusiasts on here will be sharing their new rides and experiences. And if it's easy to relocate, maybe Granger, Iowa is a nice place.

If it actually sucks, at least you'll get a good deal. :D

Sponsored

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for sharing! That was exactly the discussion I had with my wife on reveal night when I plunked my reservation money down. At this point I don't know what's going to be happening in December and whether I'll actually be able to move forward with the purchase, but this has been a great escape in these difficult times!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would wager I'm not alone in feeling the way I'm about to describe. This year has been nuts. I'm staring down the barrel of a layoff at the end of this month (I'll be fine,
I had enough saved up to buy a Bronco). Learning about this truck, getting the little bits of new information, it's become my daily escape during an incredibly stressful time. Maybe I'll be back on my feet by the time orders are being delivered. Maybe I'll know what state I'll be living in by the time I need to finalize my dealership. Or maybe I'll have to wait and lose my place in line (reserved on the 14th). All I can say for sure is how much I've been enjoying this ride since the reveal on the 13th. I've had my eye on this truck since 6g shared that render of the red bronco with the roof rack 3 years ago. When the real deal was finally revealed, I was all in (sorry Rav4 hybrid, you came close to earning my money).

A couple weeks ago I learned my job might be gone until next spring. But every day I'm here several times looking at what this thing can do, what it will be, and seeing everyone else getting just as excited (if not more). If it's this wonderful an escape just to think about, I know it'll be amazing to actually escape in it. Whether it's when I'd planned or a little farther down the road (or off it), I just felt the need to say thanks both to Ford for making this thing that brightens tough days and this community for the same thing. You guys rock. Now can someone please figure out what antimatter blue really looks like on the 2 door?
This touched a nerve and I'm glad I read your post.

This has indeed been a trying year and I agree that the Bronco reveal and this wonderful forum have provided a fun escape. I enjoy logging on and reading of the plans, ideas, and dreams of forum members; truly brightens my days and mood.

The realities and disparities of this economy are on full display. Seems that we've been feeding a paper tiger for some time and have just run out of cover. On another note, seems Elon Musk just became the 4th richest person in the world. Good for him, a guy who makes expensive electric luxury vehicles has only gotten richer during a global pandemic and shutdown; interesting....

For those of us still working, admit it feels bittersweet. I empathise with you, and pray that the ground under you settles soon. You're not the only one by far and I know your post has touched many readers here whether they reply or not.

Keep the faith. I know some may by cynical and say "it's just a car". Although this is true in a sense, if you know how to use it properly, it can be much more than just a car. This vehicle can be a gateway to find the motivation and freedom outdoors, touch nature, and provide the background to lots of fun with friends and family.

Next year when out on the trail, you'll be right there with us, I hope you can see it too.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wish you much luck with your job Peter.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here, I pre-ordered and am moving full steam ahead on saving money to buy this thing but itā€™s all dependent on what the economy looks like in the next year. But itā€™s a nice escape to look at. Hopefully everything works out for you!!

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Best of luck to you and everyone else in a similar situation. Even with a job, in these uncertain times a consumer vehicle I want (vs need) is at times hard to justify...but as @MadMan4BamaNATL stated - for most of us this vehicle represents more than just another expense.

Special shout-out to @Administrator and @JAGSarge for making an amazing place for us to share.

Edit: And @Nickp and @FirstOnRaceDay !

Last edited:

Sponsored

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€™22 Badlands, ā€˜23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for sharing, your words hit home with so many of us here. My Frenchie says hi to yours. Broncos and Frenchies keep us smiling.

A853EDCE-FCC0-46FE-BB3B-C7C06B776409.jpeg

OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope Mountain Dew pulls your name, OP.
That would certainly be rad. Though if it happened I think I'd feel compelled to find someone with fewer safety nets than I've been blessed with to pass it off to. I think my Bronco is a matter of when (and where lol), not if. I know others aren't as lucky.

This thread has been cathartic y'all. Thanks for the responses. Especially glad to see those who have found some small form of solace in seeing others share their concerns and struggles. I know it's helpful for me when I see others voice thoughts I've had as seeing someone else struggle with the same thing can help make the moment feel a little less isolating. I hope I've been able to provide that same minor, momentary relief for someone else.

And for the earlier post commenting on this truck being an escape to get out into nature: so well said. That's the whole thing. I'd say I can't wait, but if needed I can. And I'll be here till it happens geeking out with the rest of you!
Sponsored