indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Stay strong AcenTitus. For myself and some others, our company fiscal years end Aug 31. With budget constraints, who knows what the future holds. Hope things work out for everyone.

Agree about this site. Thanks bronco6g and staff. The go-to site for new Bronco info. Good luck in the future and keep the rubber side down Bronco fans.
Sponsored

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@AcenTitus
I wish you the absolute best, man. This year... I don't know many people who can remember a worse stretch of time. We're all gonna pull through, though, so keep looking ahead!

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Best of luck bud - I am hoping things work out in the world and for your job ! Count another one here rooting for you.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@AcenTitus thanks for starting this thread. I wish you the best in 2020 and beyond.

I feel the same way. 2020 has kicked my butt, too. This forum and the Bronco community ROCK! Logging in and reading all the new posts, seeing the pictures, learning all the Bronco news is the best diversion there is right now.

Keep up the great work everyone. Stay amazing!

Sponsored

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your post definitely got me in the feels, and I'm pulling for you and all others out there that are encountering difficulties during these crazy times.

OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would wager I'm not alone in feeling the way I'm about to describe. This year has been nuts. I'm staring down the barrel of a layoff at the end of this month (I'll be fine,
I had enough saved up to buy a Bronco). Learning about this truck, getting the little bits of new information, it's become my daily escape during an incredibly stressful time. Maybe I'll be back on my feet by the time orders are being delivered. Maybe I'll know what state I'll be living in by the time I need to finalize my dealership. Or maybe I'll have to wait and lose my place in line (reserved on the 14th). All I can say for sure is how much I've been enjoying this ride since the reveal on the 13th. I've had my eye on this truck since 6g shared that render of the red bronco with the roof rack 3 years ago. When the real deal was finally revealed, I was all in (sorry Rav4 hybrid, you came close to earning my money).

A couple weeks ago I learned my job might be gone until next spring. But every day I'm here several times looking at what this thing can do, what it will be, and seeing everyone else getting just as excited (if not more). If it's this wonderful an escape just to think about, I know it'll be amazing to actually escape in it. Whether it's when I'd planned or a little farther down the road (or off it), I just felt the need to say thanks both to Ford for making this thing that brightens tough days and this community for the same thing. You guys rock. Now can someone please figure out what antimatter blue really looks like on the 2 door?

**UPDATE** So if you've seen me on some other posts you may have noticed I moved from California to Missouri (where I'm from) and became a realtor. All good things and I'm not letting go of my license any time soon, but I had an itch that needed scratching and applied for a job at a local Ford dealership.

And I got hired.

I know damn near nothing at this point as I'm only on day 2 and just learned we have a conference room upstairs (and that we have an upstairs), but I thought a few people might find it entertaining that someone on this forum went this route. I've also joined the Mustang and F150 forums (I learned to drive stick on a 94 Mustang and I've quickly become a fan of the F150) to help give me a sense of what those communities are excited about/nervous about, etc.

I don't mention this because I think I'll have any new insider info or anything, or to try to convince you to come buy your Bronco from my dealership which I'm leaving off this post for a moment to drive home that this isn't a sales pitch, I'm just following up because it's fun to be doing something I'm passionate about again and there was such a great response from you guys back when I posted this 4 or 5 months (and over 2,000 miles) ago. I 100% would not be sitting where I am right now without this forum.

Regarding Bronco perks, I can say that I WILL be able to see the Bronco the minute we get a mannequin (no clue when that will be) and I'll go lay down in the back or get whatever other pictures I'm allowed to take and post for whatever the requests are. If we get in physical brochures, I'll be sure to let people in my area know the minute they land since I know I'll be snagging one to sit next to the New Bright RC Bronco on my bookshelf and bet others would like to do the same. I'll never be as cool as Ashley or the Stig, but hopefully it's fun for some of you to learn there's another sales consultant at a dealership out there as excited as the rest of you (I say another because I've seen a handful of great dealers pop up on here who seem like true fans as well including the legendary Albert of course). I look forward to learning more about this side of the Bronco-verse and am grateful for all of you guys continuing to improve my knowledge of this product. Guess now I'll have to start paying attention to the Wildtrak posts and stuff (I'm going BD and anything over stock Badlands I've been purposefully ignoring because money). It also occurs to me that my planned trip to the Off Rodeo might be a write-off now...

I will open up this question in the interest of making myself better at my new job: what are some things you loved about your interaction with your dealership? What are some things you wish you could change? I'm sure there will be answers that will be way beyond what I'll be able to do anything about, but I feel like that question might point out some useful info for me to help provide the kind of experience you're looking for and therefor someone else might be looking for (ie I wish my dealer knew more about the options, I wish they'd leave me alone because I know more than them, holy crap I love that they helped me decide on what I really wanted because I was stuck choosing and their info helped me get off the fence, etc). Obviously I'll be getting trained by the Sales Manager and everything on company ethos and whatnot, but I'm betting I'll be able to take some stuff from here to create the best possible experience for my future customers. Basically I'm throwing out a gigantic customer comments/suggestion box here to learn what you want in case I find out that I'm able to provide it. I'll add, what I've learned so far makes me excited about this family-owned spot and I'll be bringing those friends and family of mine who aren't already customers here to this dealership because they're genuinely and literally more than fair with their pricing and I know people I care about will be getting a great deal no matter who helps them (and I say this with seasoned customer/enthusiast brain because my dealer brain doesn't exist yet lol). Honestly that was a super fun discovery.

I will now continue to browse this site on the clock and not feel even remotely guilty about it because I'm increasing my product knowledge. Y'all, this friggin rules.

My build for those curious: 2dr BD, Carb Gray, 2.3L Auto, Adv 4x4, Mid pkg

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Now can someone please figure out what antimatter blue really looks like on the 2 door?
!. Step into a closet
2. Close your eyes
3. Whammo...instant AMB

Best of luck on your journey.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would wager I'm not alone in feeling the way I'm about to describe. This year has been nuts. I'm staring down the barrel of a layoff at the end of this month (I'll be fine,
I had enough saved up to buy a Bronco). Learning about this truck, getting the little bits of new information, it's become my daily escape during an incredibly stressful time. Maybe I'll be back on my feet by the time orders are being delivered. Maybe I'll know what state I'll be living in by the time I need to finalize my dealership. Or maybe I'll have to wait and lose my place in line (reserved on the 14th). All I can say for sure is how much I've been enjoying this ride since the reveal on the 13th. I've had my eye on this truck since 6g shared that render of the red bronco with the roof rack 3 years ago. When the real deal was finally revealed, I was all in (sorry Rav4 hybrid, you came close to earning my money).

A couple weeks ago I learned my job might be gone until next spring. But every day I'm here several times looking at what this thing can do, what it will be, and seeing everyone else getting just as excited (if not more). If it's this wonderful an escape just to think about, I know it'll be amazing to actually escape in it. Whether it's when I'd planned or a little farther down the road (or off it), I just felt the need to say thanks both to Ford for making this thing that brightens tough days and this community for the same thing. You guys rock. Now can someone please figure out what antimatter blue really looks like on the 2 door?
I hear you brother!
I too am feeling the pain of the 🪓, and finding something in these times to be quite difficult, but I too have my Bronco nest egg and bronco6g to keep me amused until “the day”!
I will toast you at dinner tonight my friend...🍻

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

**UPDATE** So if you've seen me on some other posts you may have noticed I moved from California to Missouri (where I'm from) and became a realtor. All good things and I'm not letting go of my license any time soon, but I had an itch that needed scratching and applied for a job at a local Ford dealership.

And I got hired.

I know damn near nothing at this point as I'm only on day 2 and just learned we have a conference room upstairs (and that we have an upstairs), but I thought a few people might find it entertaining that someone on this forum went this route. I've also joined the Mustang and F150 forums (I learned to drive stick on a 94 Mustang and I've quickly become a fan of the F150) to help give me a sense of what those communities are excited about/nervous about, etc.

I don't mention this because I think I'll have any new insider info or anything, or to try to convince you to come buy your Bronco from my dealership which I'm leaving off this post for a moment to drive home that this isn't a sales pitch, I'm just following up because it's fun to be doing something I'm passionate about again and there was such a great response from you guys back when I posted this 4 or 5 months (and over 2,000 miles) ago. I 100% would not be sitting where I am right now without this forum.

Regarding Bronco perks, I can say that I WILL be able to see the Bronco the minute we get a mannequin (no clue when that will be) and I'll go lay down in the back or get whatever other pictures I'm allowed to take and post for whatever the requests are. If we get in physical brochures, I'll be sure to let people in my area know the minute they land since I know I'll be snagging one to sit next to the New Bright RC Bronco on my bookshelf and bet others would like to do the same. I'll never be as cool as Ashley or the Stig, but hopefully it's fun for some of you to learn there's another sales consultant at a dealership out there as excited as the rest of you (I say another because I've seen a handful of great dealers pop up on here who seem like true fans as well including the legendary Albert of course). I look forward to learning more about this side of the Bronco-verse and am grateful for all of you guys continuing to improve my knowledge of this product. Guess now I'll have to start paying attention to the Wildtrak posts and stuff (I'm going BD and anything over stock Badlands I've been purposefully ignoring because money). It also occurs to me that my planned trip to the Off Rodeo might be a write-off now...

I will open up this question in the interest of making myself better at my new job: what are some things you loved about your interaction with your dealership? What are some things you wish you could change? I'm sure there will be answers that will be way beyond what I'll be able to do anything about, but I feel like that question might point out some useful info for me to help provide the kind of experience you're looking for and therefor someone else might be looking for (ie I wish my dealer knew more about the options, I wish they'd leave me alone because I know more than them, holy crap I love that they helped me decide on what I really wanted because I was stuck choosing and their info helped me get off the fence, etc). Obviously I'll be getting trained by the Sales Manager and everything on company ethos and whatnot, but I'm betting I'll be able to take some stuff from here to create the best possible experience for my future customers. Basically I'm throwing out a gigantic customer comments/suggestion box here to learn what you want in case I find out that I'm able to provide it. I'll add, what I've learned so far makes me excited about this family-owned spot and I'll be bringing those friends and family of mine who aren't already customers here to this dealership because they're genuinely and literally more than fair with their pricing and I know people I care about will be getting a great deal no matter who helps them (and I say this with seasoned customer/enthusiast brain because my dealer brain doesn't exist yet lol). Honestly that was a super fun discovery.

I will now continue to browse this site on the clock and not feel even remotely guilty about it because I'm increasing my product knowledge. Y'all, this friggin rules.

Great news... 👍

Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Wishing you all the best of luck in getting back on your feet and getting into that new Bronco. This forum has been a great escape for sure, and it has been a supportive group too. That is until you ask a question that has already been posted. Then you’ll have hell to pay! :)

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And I got hired.

Hey! So good to hear from you on this update. Proud of you for stepping out on faith and pursuing something new and different to you; that takes courage and humility and often leads to pathways of success. I hope you sell a ton of Fords!

You ask what about the sales experience. I'll tell you a short story. I have a buddy who's parents work at the same luxury car dealership. His mom has a history in retail sales, but think it was expensive furniture and she was good at it. Fast forward, she wants a new challenge and thinks to herself, "I bet I can sell a ton of those cars" She loves the brand too, so no mental gymnastics needed, meaning she doesn't need to make up shit.

What she has that I consider is her greatest skill, is her ability to hold a conversation. The woman is engaging, she looks and feels sincere, because she is; I just love her! Well, everyone else does too.

Now, you're obviously not my friend's mom, but you also have passion for the product. You write well and descriptively, so I will assume that you speak this way as well.

I tend to hate car dealerships and salesmen. Why? Because they sound and act like salesmen and tend to come across as sleazy, dishonest, deceptive, and as though they're trying to con you. These are not good traits even though they're effective to a point.

What would I prefer? I prefer salespeople who are patient, can read the room or read the audience. I'm an obvious read as knowledgable. I don't ask questions, I don't do test drives, I only order my vehicles. When you SEE that you've got someone like that, this means, don't attempt to play games. I'm the guy you just ask, "which one do you want, and how do you want it?", then I will say, "let's make a fair deal for both of us". When I say that, I mean it, so best to trust that. This means don't try to play tack on at the end, games.

When you have a novice who walks in, don't try to take advantage of them either, just be patient, ask them what they need, what do they like about Ford or this particular model, answer their questions, then work out a fair deal not a scam deal with them. Some people foolishly negotiate based on a monthly payment; they don't know how bad this is, but this also doesn't mean that you should screw them.

Be fair, that's the most important thing to do in sales. Trust that you'll make much more money by just being balanced. My friends mom has taken over that dealership because of this. She moves slower, spends more time per customer, but in the end, they buy. They buy from her because they like and trust her to be fair, because she is.

No magic here, just humanity.

Anyway, wish you the best and want you to get and enjoy that Bronco. Your post has again, put me in a good mood and I look forward to your future posts, pictures, insider info, etc. :)

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@AcenTitus,
Best wishes getting it sorted. Far more important things in life than toy trucks.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck Peter
keep your head up and remember that good people find a way to get through the difficult times

keep your priorities in order, and remember to enjoy the small things in life - it's way to short
Sponsored