Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks great! Always happy to see 2 doors being delivered, especially from the same build week as mine.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Congratulations Ben, it a looker for sure. Enjoy. BTW, I like the wheels.(y)

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agatha looks great! Not sure I'd date a woman with bronze hair so yeah those rims don't really do anything for the CG body color 🤮. If you went with race red then that would nail it IMO. Any chance you can trade them in for a small charge, or sell them and get black 🤔. or some kine silver, gray or white? Depending on what other plans you have for mods (adding color) then you could try wheels that would match those mods. Like red wheels to go with 4WP mods or warn winch ... anyway, not bad, but not quite nailed! Either way, I'd take it 😂
I agree...I ordered a 2D in Rapid Red and I am going with bronze wheels and accents.

OP
OP
Bronkers

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks great!

I thought all 7mt were 4.7 gearing. That’s plenty of gear for these vehicles with the 2.3 power generated. Of course on the freeway one would need to drop a gear or 2 on the freeway to get going.
MT base gets 4.46 open diff. So far revving bit higher than I wanted at cruising speeds, glad I at least upped to 33s.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronkers

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can you tell me how the manual does with te 285 tires. I drove a 4 door big bend manual with 35" tires and 2" lift at Granger and personally felt the engine and transmission struggled with the weight of the vehicle and tire size, especially at high way speeds. I drove a 2 door outer bank with the 2.3 auto and thought it handled the weight and 255 tires adequately, not fast but plenty capable of daily driving and off road with non 35" tires. I changed my order to a 2.7 auto from a manual 2 door after test driving the Granger Bronco build. Would like some feedback if I made a mistake judging the heavier 4 door with big tires. Have not been able to find a 2 door manual to drive on 32"or 33" tires.

Thanks
As much as it's already been said (by nearly everyone unless your DD is a late model M5?), it seems remarkable to me how so many of us have had the same general impression, myself included:

*with the wheels I have, on a 2dr,* the 2.3 is just right. It is not fast. But it is also not a dog. Lower rpms take time. But 2500rpm and higher it has just the right amount of pep to negotiate in Vegas freeway traffic, so-far (more socal drivers relocating here everyday).

OP
OP
Bronkers

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How do you like the stick? Any lift for those tires?
Snappy. Gates aren't perfect but they are VERY good. Clutch is light but take-up is very predictable and firm.

No lift or level for the 33s. Crash bars didn't get touched. So far no issue. Will definitely be getting the full stuff test in next month or so.

Want to do 1-1.5 lift eventually with the King coilovers or bilstein 8112, if they ever come out. Or SAS takeoffs if I can find them under 1,000.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You nailed the poke, not quite sure of the color/style of the wheels on the Carbonized Gray. Tires look heavy.
I am with you man. Buying after market wheels and tires is very much a crapshoot. One really never knows what to expect. If only people could view ten different combos they were interested in and then chose. We don't get that luxury.

You did fine but like I have done in the past, you keep wondering...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronkers

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
love the look ..... great color combo
when did you get those wheels? I've scoured the web and those things are on back order 8 to 12 weeks !! and where did you get them?
Ordered direct from Method mid June...they had plenty in stock at the time I think...

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MT base gets 4.46 open diff. So far revving bit higher than I wanted at cruising speeds, glad I at least upped to 33s.
So the Badlands 7sp man is 4.7 with the 95.1 crawl, got it. People say 7 sec to 60 is slow but the mustang 5.0/4.6 of the 90’s were running those numbers.

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great looking combo. +30ish looks great on the small flairs. It seems to take +0 to get the same poke on the squatch flairs.

OP
OP
Bronkers

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks awesome. You gotta tell us about your opinion on driving and choosing the manual transmission. Does it drive well? Are you glad that you chose MT or do you wish you went with AT now that you have it?
MT seeming very-well-executed so far, I wanted manual, and the crawl gear I think will be the clincher once I get it up to southern UT here very soon.

I did find some of the tricks the auto can pull to be interesting but no regrets at all.
Sponsored