Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@BeerForMyHorses - I like how this thread has basically just become a public DM for the two of us. 😂

Appreciate your engagement and humoring my long-windedness.
Sponsored

snowcatxx87

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / 701SM / Tiger 900RP / Grom / Surron
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
  • We aired down the Falken Wildpeak M/T tires to 20 PSI (down from the street pressure @ 36 PSI). Traction was never an issue - even in loose sand and hard packed off-camber situations. I bought one of the ARB505 Deflator kits. I tried hooking it up several times and know I was doing it correctly. The rate of deflation was very slow. So slow that it was vastly quicker to deflate using a conventional pencil tire gauge. So, I need to work more with this kit. Somewhere, I read that you can cheat the whole assembly off the stem a turn or two, which backs the valve out a little further and allows for air to flow more freely. 🤷
What on earth are you doing with this? It is designed to remove the entire core. I have it and can remove 15 PSI from a 35" tire in under a minute, it's so fast and game changing.

Please read the instructions to use it properly.

MyDogGoldie

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L BD 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Love the look of your Black Base Model. Did you get the powder coating done on the wheels yet?

OP
OP
GPPBronco

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What on earth are you doing with this? It is designed to remove the entire core. I have it and can remove 15 PSI from a 35" tire in under a minute, it's so fast and game changing.

Please read the instructions to use it properly.
Man, this 👆 is exactly what I’ve said to myself about 10 times. I’ve read the instructions, watched the YouTube videos, dropped umpteen f-bombs…you name it…nothing seems to work.

Maybe if everyone on here lights a prayer candle for me…?

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@BeerForMyHorses - I like how this thread has basically just become a public DM for the two of us. 😂

Appreciate your engagement and humoring my long-windedness.
Well for awhile there I was living vicariously through your pictures and posts because I was still waiting on my Base. I had similar mods planned. Being completely honest, I had zero idea what to do for the wheels and tires until your thread though. I was unsure about keeping the steelies and knew I wanted 33s. I also don't have the budget to lift my Bronco yet. You found a great combo. I've had Wildpeaks before and they did great. Now I'm just waiting on the new ones to get in for my Bronco

Sponsored
OP
OP
GPPBronco

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love the look of your Black Base Model. Did you get the powder coating done on the wheels yet?
Yes, the wheels are powder coated BUT there is an issue - apparently the media used in the coating process can be tricky to apply into the seams of these steel wheels. As a result, I’ve noticed some mild surface rust happening in the wheel seams on each of the wheels. Here’s a photo showing what’s happening.

Ford Bronco The 2023 Shadow Black Base Experience IMG_2761

The dealer and I have resolved to watch this and see what happens over the next few months. If the rust continues, they’ve agreed to buy a set of take offs for me. In that case, I’ll keep the steelies/Wildpeak MTs for summer driving and switch to the take off alloys in the icy/salty months.

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, this 👆 is exactly what I’ve said to myself about 10 times. I’ve read the instructions, watched the YouTube videos, dropped umpteen f-bombs…you name it…nothing seems to work.

Maybe if everyone on here lights a prayer candle for me…?
I got the same model. Took me a few times to get used to it. Also, I was lucky my first time as a guy was airing down next to me, and asked if he could show me how to utilize it in person! I still have the core thingy shoot out sometimes, hah.

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi. I’ve been a Bronco enthusiast since I was 5ish years old and my dad brought home a Bronco II as a “demo” from the Ford dealership he managed. I’m comfortable with the similarities between the 6G and BII. Of course, I like the first gen bronco as well. Gens 2-5 are cool too, just bigger than anything I’d ever want to drive for fun.

Our Bronco is a 2023 Base, 2 door, 2.3, Auto, with the optional aux switches and heavy duty modular bumper.

The base with narrow tires and steelies is most reminiscent of the Broncos I love. Max ground clearance and lockers aren’t necessary for us and I don’t prefer the wide tire/flare stance of the Sasquatch.

The Bronco is our secondary vehicle and my commuter (7 miles across the east side of Detroit). We will also use it as a winter vehicle when conditions are questionable and we’re visiting family “up north.” And, in the summer when we visit the same family or head to the Great Lakes/Upper Peninsula.

I’ll use this thread to update my build and also share photos of experiences/travels our family has in the Bronco and the places it takes us. Thanks for following!

it's perfect imo

Fumey

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
When the dealer installed your Wildpeaks, did they also calibrate the speedometer? I was told by a dealership that they wouldn’t because it would change the “emission” required by VIN number. (Roll eyes).
Like your truck! I’m also driving a black Base. A 4dr. I’m in Oakland county, maybe I’ll see you at Holly Oaks one of
Ford Bronco The 2023 Shadow Black Base Experience IMG_5175
these days!

Last edited:
OP
OP
GPPBronco

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When the dealer installed your Wildpeaks, did they also calibrate the speedometer? I was told by a dealership that they wouldn’t because it would change the “emission” required by VIN number. (Roll eyes).
Like your truck! I’m also driving a black Base. A 4dr. I’m in Oakland county, maybe I’ll see you at Holly Oaks one of
Ford Bronco The 2023 Shadow Black Base Experience IMG_5175
these days!
No. They didn’t calibrate my speedometer. I don’t think I’ve seen (on this forum or elsewhere) an instance where a dealership calibrated the speedometer. Some 6G owners have done so themselves with Forscan, but I’m not looking to get into all that if I can avoid it.

The drivetrain (auto trans) seems to handle the added weight/size just fine. Long term wear is a concern to me, given the shift points are a little off in normal mode. Sport mode on highway/freeway is most efficient, which I can’t imagine is typical with the stock tire size.

Nice bronco! I’m in Grosse Pointe so I’ll look for you at Holly Oaks if ever there for a MI Bronco Club event.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GPPBronco

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On the topic of rust (wheels, see above), I’ll throw this out there…. Anybody noticing this rust staining around the Bronco bolts on the top side of the HD Modular bumper?

I’m thinking it’s the bolt head or threads rusting and staining the bumper, but not sure. This is one of the things the Bronco is in the shop for right now - and the reason I don’t have a more fun post/photo for this weekend. Oh well, at least it’s a Formula 1 weekend!🏎💨 🏁

Ford Bronco The 2023 Shadow Black Base Experience IMG_2789
Ford Bronco The 2023 Shadow Black Base Experience IMG_2788

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am concerned about winter, based on the limited snow/ice driving I did in January before it was out of commission for a few months. The one slick/greasy freeway drive I had during that time felt a little unsettled. But maybe it was just my lack of familiarity with the Bronco a week or two after I picked it up. 🤷
Now that you have driven a Subie (on winter tires, if I read that correctly) everything else will comparatively .... suck. LOL
I run Blizzaks on our Outback ... incredible winter set up. I seriously doubt our Base Broncos can compare to that.

If you intend to commute, start looking for the winter composition tires. If we're lucky, Nokian will start making them again soon, they had them up to 33's and 35's.
MT's of any brand will not be good on slick stuff, they are not designed for that type of driving, but they will work great in snow/slush where they have "stuff" to grip on to.

OP
OP
GPPBronco

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Picked the Bronco up Friday afternoon. It was in the shop for a few tweaks to repairs that were made after the crash in February (body panel alignment, interior trim fitment, etc.). It looks MUCH BETTER now. Was great timing to get it back, as I drove to Cheboygan, MI to visit a couple friends.

After taking the top off (first time!), we spent the day Saturday driving through an immense network of state land and seasonal roads in Cheboygan County. I never knew the place was such a destination for ORVs. If you like easy, winding two-tracks through beautiful forested areas, this place is for you. I even got the chance to let my friends drive and relax in the back seat.

Ford Bronco The 2023 Shadow Black Base Experience IMG_2909
Ford Bronco The 2023 Shadow Black Base Experience IMG_2913
Ford Bronco The 2023 Shadow Black Base Experience IMG_2917
Ford Bronco The 2023 Shadow Black Base Experience IMG_2906
Ford Bronco The 2023 Shadow Black Base Experience IMG_2915

☝Swear I'm having fun in that pic. Sun was bright and the wind was whipping.

OP
OP
GPPBronco

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Another pic after getting back. Moderate mud on these things looks like the Build & Price renderings.
Ford Bronco The 2023 Shadow Black Base Experience IMG_2925

OP
OP
GPPBronco

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

New flaps. More pics when the slop starts in a month or so…

Ford Bronco The 2023 Shadow Black Base Experience IMG_3049
Sponsored