The Bronco information drip feed

DrPerez007

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep TJ; 2015 Dodge Charger (work); 2016 Jeep JKU; 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat; 2019 Jeep JLU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Having gone thru the exact same awaiting the introduction of the then new Jeep Wrangler JLU, I can empathize with the group as everyone patiently, or impatiently, waits the arrival of the 2021 Ford Bronco. Heck, I even flew out to LA for the Auto Show and the public introduction of the JL. Crawled thru, over, and under that beast for two hours. And then decided to wait the obligatory one year. So, last fall, I was all set to buy my new JLU when I stumbled upon this Bronco Forum. It got my attention enough that I scrubbed the JLU purchase and have followed this forum with baited breath, as have most of you. Every morsel, every drop, every dollop, every crumb. And then, finally, we reached March 18th, the unveiling.

My tastebuds were sweetened by my purchase of a 2019 Ford Ranger over the winter and I was looking forward to Ford’s “next, greatest thing,” and, despite being a Jeep guy since I was 14, hoping that this would be a worthy competitor to the JLU. But as we have learned in life, expectations minus reality equals disappointment. March 18 came and went without the unveiling. Nevertheless, this too shall pass and Ford will unveil the new Bronco relatively soon; within a year the Bronco will be on the road and this slight bump-in-the-road will long be forgotten.

So let’s get back on message. Let the gossip, rumors, ”leaks,” and innuendo continue. Let’s pick out colors and speculate about equipment (I want 4WD with all-wheel drive), and let’s remain hopeful and excited. Though not stepping in until recently to comment, I appreciate all of the “back and forth” and I have followed nearly every thread here. You guys are great and when the time actually comes to order, I’ll be here seeking everyone’s thoughtful contributions. My best to all, and stay healthy. Now back to work...

Ford Bronco The Bronco information drip feed 0BD7DE1D-99D5-4A35-A750-1F0A91B038C4
Sponsored

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wonder if Ford will bring a bunch of car journalists to a remote part of Africa to try out the new Bronco in a real tough enviorment like Land Rover did with the new Defender? Haha, no! The Bronco lacks the Land Rovers history and connection to historical exploration, so what will ford do to market the Bronco? Was the Bronco ever used for anything out of the ordinary?

Maybe on your side of the pond ...……. but over here, on this side, Bronco has history. :)

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, that is why I'm wondering what the Bronco was actually used for back in the day. Was it used by farmers like the Defender was? Was it used as a work vehicle? Camping?

Sure! But so you dont think Ford will take auto journalists to a remote part of Africa to check out the new Bronco then? I guess you're hoping for 'Alex on autos" doing a half hour review of the infotainment system and telling the Bronco looks "sporty" and "rugged" instead? Yeah, probably :)
Not sure how you get your info over there but lets try this for starters......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Bronco

or maybe these ...…….

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...bronco/pdf/66_Ford_Bronco_Brochure_150dpi.pdf

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...bronco/pdf/67_Ford_Bronco_Brochure_150dpi.pdf

Please don't take offense but the interweb is full of stuff, the problem you will need to read this information. Instead of asking someone to type it all out for so you can read it, it's already there just find it.

another ...….. https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/trucks/a25003/ford-bronco-badass/

If I want to know about the autoban I google it not get on a forum and ask what it is. I call it doing your homework. Learn about something first then ask question about the stuff you don't understand.

Again not trying to offend but the way you asked the question when the web is FULL of the info just baffles my mind. :unsure:

If I still have not answered you question then I guess in a nutshell...…….

IT DOES IT ALL ……. it's a Ford !! (y)

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Bronco

or maybe these ...…….

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...bronco/pdf/66_Ford_Bronco_Brochure_150dpi.pdf

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...bronco/pdf/67_Ford_Bronco_Brochure_150dpi.pdf

Please don't take offense but the interweb is full of stuff, the problem you will need to read this information. Instead of asking someone to type it all out for so you can read it, it's already there just find it.

another ...….. https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/trucks/a25003/ford-bronco-badass/

If I want to know about the autoban I google it not get on a forum and ask what it is. I call it doing your homework. Learn about something first then ask question about the stuff you don't understand.

Again not trying to offend but the way you asked the question when the web is FULL of the info just baffles my mind. :unsure:

If I still have not answered you question then I guess in a nutshell...…….

IT DOES IT ALL ……. it's a Ford !! (y)
Should have included the Ford.com link...
https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/

Not only includes the two Brochures you linked, but also one of my favorite Bronco pics, just because it seems so ridiculous:
Ford Bronco The Bronco information drip feed 1967_Bronco_T67-512

Late 1960's Overlander!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Should have included the Ford.com link...
https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/

Not only includes the two Brochures you linked, but also one of my favorite Bronco pics, just because it seems so ridiculous:
1967_Bronco_T67-512.jpg

Late 1960's Overlander!

Just tried to google a few quick while replying. I've seen post hole digger attachments !!!! Think they got used on a farm?

and while I'm surfing thought I might throw this in there so everyone knows the deal about JEEP

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Pygmy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willys_MB

It may have been discussed here before but Ford produced a JEEP as well.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From pages 10 & 11 of the 1966 brochure:
Ford Bronco The Bronco information drip feed Capture2.JPG
Ford Bronco The Bronco information drip feed Capture.JPG

I would love to have seen the entire PTO tool collection.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From pages 10 & 11 of the 1966 brochure:
Capture2.JPG
Capture.JPG

I would love to have seen the entire PTO tool collection.

What would be cool If PTO was an option on the new Bronco for the same reasons.

For the record Chevy trucks have PTO option.

DustyD

Base
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Having gone thru the exact same awaiting the introduction of the then new Jeep Wrangler JLU, I can empathize with the group as everyone patiently, or impatiently, waits the arrival of the 2021 Ford Bronco. Heck, I even flew out to LA for the Auto Show and the public introduction of the JL. Crawled thru, over, and under that beast for two hours. And then decided to wait the obligatory one year. So, last fall, I was all set to buy my new JLU when I stumbled upon this Bronco Forum. It got my attention enough that I scrubbed the JLU purchase and have followed this forum with baited breath, as have most of you. Every morsel, every drop, every dollop, every crumb. And then, finally, we reached March 18th, the unveiling.

My tastebuds were sweetened by my purchase of a 2019 Ford Ranger over the winter and I was looking forward to Ford’s “next, greatest thing,” and, despite being a Jeep guy since I was 14, hoping that this would be a worthy competitor to the JLU. But as we have learned in life, expectations minus reality equals disappointment. March 18 came and went without the unveiling. Nevertheless, this too shall pass and Ford will unveil the new Bronco relatively soon; within a year the Bronco will be on the road and this slight bump-in-the-road will long be forgotten.

So let’s get back on message. Let the gossip, rumors, ”leaks,” and innuendo continue. Let’s pick out colors and speculate about equipment (I want 4WD with all-wheel drive), and let’s remain hopeful and excited. Though not stepping in until recently to comment, I appreciate all of the “back and forth” and I have followed nearly every thread here. You guys are great and when the time actually comes to order, I’ll be here seeking everyone’s thoughtful contributions. My best to all, and stay healthy. Now back to work...

0BD7DE1D-99D5-4A35-A750-1F0A91B038C4.png
Welcome to the forum!

I got home from work and tried sitting on the couch and a lady (same one?) said the grass needed to be mowed and the car needed an oil change. Nevermind, must not be the same woman.

Get. Me. Out. Of. Here

#needbroncoleaks

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another 24hrs and threads are full of opinions and arguing, clearly a leak and a cure is needed.

BTW short of rock crawling a range Rover or cayenne will go virtually anywhere and do it like you're sitting on your coach at home. They are amazing vehicles few experience but many knock.

LRDiscovery2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Discovery 2, Lexus GS450h
So was the Bronco ever used for any expeditions anywhere like the Land Rover Defender and the Land Rover Discovery? Maybe not, or? And also, have the military anywhere used the Bronco? You know, like the Land Rovers. Yes/no?

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm starting to think the Discovery troll from Norway is nothing but a Land Rover or FCA Marketing person in not so subtle disguise.

Several people answer his questions in great detail about the history of the Bronco and crickets? The troll doesn't understand American marketing, how American companies unveil their products, and thinks it strange (which of course if they are a marketing type, they should/do know).

I've spent a lot of time in Europe on business travel, sure the people have a different frame of reference then Americans, but most are great people. On the other hand, anyone can copy a car show picture of a Discovery avatar from the web. Also, you can list your location as the Arctic Circle if you like, there are no checks to confirm that.

Ford, the Land Rover & FCA marketing people are not resting during this timeframe, please get us reengaged with some new, meaningful, insightful leaks, please?

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Another 24hrs and threads are full of opinions and arguing, clearly a leak and a cure is needed.

BTW short of rock crawling a range Rover or cayenne will go virtually anywhere and do it like you're sitting on your coach at home. They are amazing vehicles few experience but many knock.
I'd love a Touareg or a Cayenne for just that reason. There will be a 6spd Cayenne GTS on BaT every month or so, and there's dealer not too far from me that has a couple Touaregs, one of which is a V6 tdi.

Still wouldn't tough a Land Rover unless it was a 4th car (and I wouldn't touch a v10 tdi touareg unless it was a 14th car).

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Maybe it’s just me, but I would never take either down the brush encroaching “roads” I’ve taken my Jeep down. Heck my neighbor with the FJ had a cow about the scratches he got. And even though they for the most part buffed out, there are trails he won’t do.

Yes, that is why I'm wondering what the Bronco was actually used for back in the day. Was it used by farmers like the Defender was? Was it used as a work vehicle? Camping?

As for what early broncos were used for: look at most uses for side by sides and larger ATVs today, farm use, back woods trail work for outdoor recreation, etc. People forget that is what IH Scouts, Jeep CJs, Ford Broncos and Toyota FJs were used for.

Dad was working in Maine when he bought his, and anything with two ruts we went down for camping, fishing, hunting, launching his boat across rocky “beaches”, hauling the canoe, etc. (There is a reason those icons are on the spy shot camouflage.) His buddy (and son) had a Scout. Weekend life was a constant adventure into nowhere.
Sponsored