Sponsored

The million dollar mudflap fix (for Squatch rock fling)

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like WeatherTech has them now. I called as well, spoke with a representative, to confirm fitment with rock rails and sasquatch. The photo is a "stock" photo however and does not show a front flap or a front flap mounted on a Bronco. I rolled the dice, given the representative said these are correct for Sasquatch w/ rail. We'll see what arrives.

1645108614345.png
I ordered a sas set(wildtrak they call it). We'll see....
Sponsored

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Reactions: RLW

mrdibbles

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands - SAS w/ LUX Package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure you should select Wildtrak unless that's your model. The next question in the fitment matrix is 315 tire or standard. I take the 315 tire to mean Sasquatch. Given I have Badlands w/ Sas + rock rail that is the front set I ordered.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll never own another set of BFGs. My last set literally came apart due to belt separation. All 4 of them!!!
Lol. How far were you airing down?? Weight of truck/payload?

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol. How far were you airing down?? Weight of truck/payload?
No airing down at all and no load in the truck.
The tires capacity was well beyond the SportTrak which never had anything beyond 200lb in the bed or ever used to pull a trailer.
Simply badly built tires.
I've learned my lesson about BFG.

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll mention this again as it seems to have gone unnoticed. The mudflats don't do much to prevent rocks from flinging on these rigs. I installed a set as you can see in my avatar and I still ended up with rocks inside the coach of the rig while driving the one gravel road I've driven on since I took possession of her. Fortunately I had no doors on it and the rocks went inside instead of on the doors.

It's a waste of time and looks horrible to boot.
My flaps work really well. I modded the Ford ones.

pfbz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Turbo, 991 Turbo S, 996 turbo, Q5 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not sure you should select Wildtrak unless that's your model. The next question in the fitment matrix is 315 tire or standard. I take the 315 tire to mean Sasquatch. Given I have Badlands w/ Sas + rock rail that is the front set I ordered.
It looks like the front mudflaps are the same part number if you choose Wildtrak or non-Wildtrak with 315 width tires, part #110140.

If you choose Wildtrak, it also shows rear flaps as available, part #120140, but that option doesn't show up if you choose non-Wildtrak with 315 width. Possibly a steel vs. plastic rear bumper issue?

As noted previously, they currently have no options for non-Sas.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have been thinking about this exact same thing. My idea is to slide over the end of the rail like a boot with flap. Here is a photo of a test idea. I think 3d printing something like this would be great! Thoughts?
B6ED46E3-8008-4107-ADE1-370979668718.jpeg
125C41E8-8A76-4FCB-8595-182926F16676.jpeg

B651D0AE-0E3D-44C4-97EE-7252D3560E4C.jpeg
you stole my idea!!! LOL .... I think the slide on piece should be some sort of metal ( maybe Aluminum) and gets pinned or bolted to the rail .... the top portion needs to be secured to the inner fender somehow .... think about wind resistance doing 80 mph !

on the other hand I'm concerned about any type of mud flap binding up when you go over stuff off-road

I really like how short they are on the Raptor

Ford Bronco The million dollar mudflap fix (for Squatch rock fling) 1645114737844

mi dos centos

Last edited:

Biltwild

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Titan Pro-4x , 2021 Ford Bronco 4Dr BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

you stole my idea!!! LOL .... I think the slide on piece should be some sort of metal ( maybe Aluminum) and gets pinned or bolted to the rail .... the top portion needs to be secured to the inner fender somehow .... think about wind resistance doing 80 mph !

on the other hand I'm concerned about any type of mud flap binding up when you go over stuff off-road

mi dos centos
Haha been thinking about this since I got my bronco in July. Took in my own hands to get something out there. It’s also nice to have some different options. I have prototypes made and now just doing some material testing.
with any product it’ll only get better once people are using them and we get more feed back. Should have specs and preorder info next week. No drill , no modifications at all. We want it to easy peasy to put on and off as needed. I will do a separate thread when ready.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Haha been thinking about this since I got my bronco in July. Took in my own hands to get something out there. It’s also nice to have some different options. I have prototypes made and now just doing some material testing.
with any product it’ll only get better once people are using them and we get more feed back. Should have specs and preorder info next week. No drill , no modifications at all. We want it to easy peasy to put on and off as needed. I will do a separate thread when ready.
Sounds like you're pretty far in the thought process ... cant wait to see the end result. Now if you could only come up with something for the running boards ... kidding of course

Just one thing though: If you go with 3D printing make sure the material is pliable to some degree .... printed material that I'm aware of are more on the brittle side and get marred easily

Also when you start the new thread please link it here .... cuz most of us are watching this one

Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stock goodyear Territory's? They excel at grabbing those little pebbles. I went BFG KO2, but they haven't balanced well (have already warranteed 3 out of service for being square). They did reduce the small gravel flinging by a massive amount. I hear good things about Ridge Grapplers too.
Wow! Not balancing was a widely known problem for KO2s 15 - 20 years ago. That and the fact I shredded the tread and sidewalls on a set after one hunting trip in the typical sharp rocks in the Nevada desert mountains about 20 years ago is the reason I, and many friends, switched to Toyo or Nitto AT tires years ago. I kind of figured they’d gotten a handle on the balancing issue since then.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like WeatherTech has them now. I called as well, spoke with a representative, to confirm fitment with rock rails and sasquatch. The photo is a "stock" photo however and does not show a front flap or a front flap mounted on a Bronco. I rolled the dice, given the representative said these are correct for Sasquatch w/ rail. We'll see what arrives.

Ford Bronco The million dollar mudflap fix (for Squatch rock fling) 1645114737844
Following - please keep us updated.

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

One would assume with the WeatherTech mats that Wildtrak was mistaken for Sasquatch?

Biltwild

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Titan Pro-4x , 2021 Ford Bronco 4Dr BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like you're pretty far in the thought process ... cant wait to see the end result. Now if you could only come up with something for the running boards ... kidding of course

Just one thing though: If you go with 3D printing make sure the material is pliable to some degree .... printed material that I'm aware of are more on the brittle side and get marred easily

Also when you start the new thread please link it here .... cuz most of us are watching this one
Yeah side steps are another animal. Haha but definitely a thought.
One problem at a time.

Will do! You guys are my market right here! Ha

3D printing was only for prototyping purposes. Production pieces will be molded from high impact resistant urethane. We may add fiber glass chop to increase strength if needed. Can’t wait to show you guys what I have been cooking up! I even gave them a proper name! stay tuned 🙃
Sponsored