First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good notes. Chains are not your friends in deep bottom snow with a "soft belly" as we say.

Love your thread. Thanks for posting.

Have you looked at the Wildpeak AT3W?
We spend 60% of most of the winter working logging and Trail roads in Colorado and have had tremendous success with the AT3's on 17"s. We did upgrade to 285's and air to 17-23 ish PSI for most of our off pavement. Same sort of environment as you depict. Love
The main reason I went with the Baja boss AT was the size the offered. Have a non sas black diamond and wanted to go bigger diameter that would fit without rubbing. 255/85R17 is just about the same diameter as the factory Sasquatch tires but narrower. I buy all my tires from discount tire and the Mickey’s were the only brand they carry in that size. Have been happy with them so far, only negative is the weight. That size only comes in load range E so when mounted on a steel wheel changing them becomes a pretty good workout.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dover157

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Impressive! I was puckering....looks much faster than noted on the app. Wow. Scary. One wrong move....
Had to keep up the speed to blast through the drifts. I’ve driven that road enough that I know what’s around each of the blind turns otherwise I wouldn’t have had the guts to go even that fast in those conditions.

Rocky905

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BADLANDS non-SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tried to go up to the top of Capilla Peak here in NM today. Storm took out a pole and power lines for our emergency communication tower and the generator didn’t start. Downed tree and no saw with me blocked the road so I tried to use the electric company maintenance path. Got stuck three times and spent an hour and a half winching myself out and getting turned around. Honestly surprised I made it as far as I did. Video is a short clip of the last mile or so of a 9 mile trek from the pavement.

IMG_4792.jpeg

VIDEO:

Thanks for sharing that... WE had a huge dump in CO as well: 30" inches in the southern park county area. There wer e plow trucks stuck!

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The main reason I went with the Baja boss AT was the size the offered. Have a non sas black diamond and wanted to go bigger diameter that would fit without rubbing. 255/85R17 is just about the same diameter as the factory Sasquatch tires but narrower. I buy all my tires from discount tire and the Mickey’s were the only brand they carry in that size. Have been happy with them so far, only negative is the weight. That size only comes in load range E so when mounted on a steel wheel changing them becomes a pretty good workout.
Solid. I did a ton of research both with up fitters and a couple folks at Ford and the silent consensus is that the NonSas Wheel well was quietly designed to handle 285/70/17 with no Rub and moderate off road articulation at moderate speeds. (Nobody will say it officially or publicly but most of the up fitters will confirm.)
We looked at Falkens and Toyos as we dont rock crawl but spend a ton in conditions like you have shown. Snow with soft Bottom or gravel road bed/ trail bed. We get down to 19PSI with no problem on the 17" with 30 Offset
Settled on Wildpeak AT3 and could not be more thrilled. Looking like they will also last about 60K miles and will refit with same. 285/70/17 , 285/75/17 or 295/70/17.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dover157

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Solid. I did a ton of research both with up fitters and a couple folks at Ford and the silent consensus is that the NonSas Wheel well was quietly designed to handle 285/70/17 with no Rub and moderate off road articulation at moderate speeds. (Nobody will say it officially or publicly but most of the up fitters will confirm.)
We looked at Falkens and Toyos as we dont rock crawl but spend a ton in conditions like you have shown. Snow with soft Bottom or gravel road bed/ trail bed. WE got down to 19PSI with no problem on the 17" with 30 Offset
Settled on Wildpeak AT3 and could not be more thrilled. Looking like they will also last about 60K miles and will refit with same. 285/70/17 , 285/75/17 or 295/70/17.
I’ve had these down to 10 psi with no issues. Was running at 15 for this trip. I think the “narrow” 35’s fill the wheel well nicely and is a good aggressive look without sacrificing highway ride quality.
Ford Bronco The mountain beat me today. Stuck 3x and 1.5 hrs of winching IMG_4573

Sponsored

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve had these down to 10 psi with no issues. Was running at 15 for this trip. I think the “narrow” 35’s fill the wheel well nicely and is a good aggressive look without sacrificing highway ride quality.
Ford Bronco The mountain beat me today. Stuck 3x and 1.5 hrs of winching IMG_4573
Love it.

OP
OP
Dover157

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks to the road department and a local with a dozer the road is finally open and repairs to the power are underway. Had to take a pic of this little drift they cut through to open the road.
Ford Bronco The mountain beat me today. Stuck 3x and 1.5 hrs of winching IMG_4815
Sponsored