Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't have to be stock or abandoned. We know that some dealers are having people (employees, friends, relatives) create bogus buildable reservations that get turned around and "resold" as effectively stock.

Ford might be shipping some stock Broncos to megadealers but I haven't seen strong evidence of that happening in bulk yet. Eventually we will see that though, and that will be another thing B6G shits bricks about.
Sponsored

Reactions: jon

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't have to be stock or abandoned. We know that some dealers are having people (employees, friends, relatives) create bogus buildable reservations that get turned around and "resold" as effectively stock.

Ford might be shipping some stock Broncos to megadealers but I haven't seen strong evidence of that happening in bulk yet. Eventually we will see that though, and that will be another thing B6G shits bricks about.
I would put dealer fake reservations in a different category than true dealer stock. Ford doesn't necessarily know they are building a fake reservation so that is a poor reflection on the dealer alone.

At least one dealer is reporting that they are getting dealer stock although it sounds fairly limited. However, with around 75K outstanding orders, I view any dealer stock as a sign that we will likely see a lot more dealer stock long before all the reservations are built. I find it hard to believe that Ford has exhausted all the buildable reservations so a dealer getting stock is a sign that allocations are the dominant factor.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would put dealer fake reservations in a different category than true dealer stock. Ford doesn't necessarily know they are building a fake reservation so that is a poor reflection on the dealer alone.

At least one dealer is reporting that they are getting dealer stock although it sounds fairly limited. However, with around 75K outstanding orders, I view any dealer stock as a sign that we will likely see a lot more dealer stock long before all the reservations are built. I find it hard to believe that Ford has exhausted all the buildable reservations so a dealer getting stock is a sign that allocations are the dominant factor.
Having my day one reservation abused by dealer was a poor experience. They on purpose ordered something that I did not want and then "offered" to sell it to someone else. Ford does not know how to deal with shady dealers.

ddbrennan

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All I can say is that Ford lies. I was told multiple times by both the dealer area rep and by the Bronco Hotline that my 12/13 blend was built on 12/15 back from Mod Shop on 12/22 after roof rail install and was just waiting for a truck load to come my way. EDD was 12/28 then 1/27 then 2/7 now 3/28. Clearly I am on ice mountain at this point waiting for chips but why didn't they just say that to begin with instead of building up my hopes multiple times.
Update to my post My dealer called me yesterday and officially told me my Bronco was waiting on Chips. Really makes me angry that while mine sat there built with no chips that thousands of other Bronco's were built and sent onto to their new owners. So my ride has been sitting on ice mountain since 12/15 because Ford could not send someone out to put a few chips in mine. So what a good deal for me, if I decide actually buy this Bronco when it arrives in April or May I will get the privlidge of paying full MSRP for a 2021 Bronco that will have sat in the cold for 4 or 5 months and will be 2 model years old soon after I pick it up.

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I didn't realize so many people ordered white for their color. It's nice and all but sheeeeesh gunna be a ton of white broncos on the road soon...:sneaky::D
Got my daughter an Oxford white BB sitting out there.....or do I? I can't see it under the camo ;)

Sponsored

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is the current thinking that these will sit there until Ford has a surplus of modules/chips as they prioritize the line over these?
That’s what I’m afraid is going to happen. The chip shipments will be used to get the line running and we will be pushed off for months.

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wait until everone complains that their bronco has more than 20 miles on the odometer....
By the time these Ever get here it will be more than 20 miles

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update to my post My dealer called me yesterday and officially told me my Bronco was waiting on Chips. Really makes me angry that while mine sat there built with no chips that thousands of other Bronco's were built and sent onto to their new owners. So my ride has been sitting on ice mountain since 12/15 because Ford could not send someone out to put a few chips in mine. So what a good deal for me, if I decide actually buy this Bronco when it arrives in April or May I will get the privlidge of paying full MSRP for a 2021 Bronco that will have sat in the cold for 4 or 5 months and will be 2 model years old soon after I pick it up.
Ford likes to think of it as well preserved... The refrigeration keeps your Bronco from spoiling without the need for preservatives. Your welcome... ;)

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s what I’m afraid is going to happen. The chip shipments will be used to get the line running and we will be pushed off for months.
It's not like they did this to the original Dirt Mountain Storage Complex Broncos... Oh, wait, they did!

PeneBear

Outer Banks
First Name
Edith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One of these probably mine. Day one order base bronco. Blend date 12/11/21. Delivery set for end December. Then early Jan. Then mid Jan. Then early Feb. And now early April. Ford hasn’t said a word about why they keep moving the date and I doubt anyone is seriously trying to figure out when they will get around to [throwing in a chip] and getting it out the door. I recognize the logistical and financial difficulties Ford is facing, but it is absurd that they keep cranking out and delivering 2022 Broncos to people who ordered in 2021 while mine just sits there.
That's what pisses me off.. 22s getting delivered while 21 orders are pushed off.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@zgoods any chance you have time this weekend to get a couple more pictures? I’m really curious how much progress they made clearing out some inventory with the line stopped

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has this made any headway in the press yet? I haven’t seen much at all. I feel like if we make a stink maybe ford will shift a bit and prioritize those that have been waiting forever.
Sponsored