Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are secondary blends?
I was informed by Ford that people showing "In Production - Produced" that have an EDD, that the EDD is really a completion date, then it will get a new EDD when fully built. In my case, I go back into blend for completion of the vehicle which is a running - driving vehicle as I wait.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be more worried if a little snow actually
hurt them.
Schrödinger's Bronco. Tough enough to take on the wild, damaged by sitting out in snow.

Erick2123

Badlands
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Acura TLX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My credit union is offering 1.99% today. On a $30K note over 48 mo, that’s a payment of $650.72. Increasing rates by 200 bps to 3.99% moves the payment to $677.24.

While it’s $26.52 more per month—certainly not welcome—it’s not the end of the world. I don’t think it likely we see that severe a move by May to impact those stranded on Ice Mountain.

Folks with deliveries later in the year might see a bigger impact, if we can’t tamp down inflation quickly.
Avg math tells you that's a 1200 mark up and most people don't finance for 48 months on a 60k vehicle as great as that sounds. Might now be much to you but feds are scheduled with 5 rate hikes no one knows how steep the first will be. Inflation unfortunately is not coming down any time soon. Just being a realist there is zero economic positive outlook.

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Avg math tells you that's a 1200 mark up and most people don't finance for 48 months on a 60k vehicle as great as that sounds. Might now be much to you but feds are scheduled with 5 rate hikes no one knows how steep the first will be. Inflation unfortunately is not coming down any time soon. Just being a realist there is zero economic positive outlook.
True, it's an incremental $1,272.96 over four years in nominal dollars. It's something less in real dollars. But still, non-zero.

The Federal Reserve doesn't actually schedule rate hikes. That they are signalling rate hikes is part of the process to move inflation down without rate hikes, ideally. Consensus is first hike will be relatively low. My guess is well under 200 bps, but then I'm not on the Board of Governors.

If folks need to finance a note >48 months for a vehicle, that's a personal economic decision.

Regarding zero economic positive outlook, that's always time-bounded. While there's been ups and downs, betting on the long-term economic growth of the United States has been a recipe for intergenerational wealth creation. Been long USA since 1987. So the $26.52 won't bug me in the slightest.

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
(c) most people wouldn't understand the issues if they were exposed to them.
The above reason is--mostly--why my policy when running corporate communications teams is that I elect to say mostly nothing.

Sponsored

capterik

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex, ram promaster
Your Bronco Model
Base
You see, I thought we were all just having a little fun and then you go and get personal. No, they don't make me wear a skirt... I wear that because I like it.
lol, my bad, tough to be Scottish in the great white north

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was informed by Ford that people showing "In Production - Produced" that have an EDD, that the EDD is really a completion date, then it will get a new EDD when fully built. In my case, I go back into blend for completion of the vehicle which is a running - driving vehicle as I wait.
Sounds like we're in the same spot. My new EDD is 2/10. I don't know if they're not making new vehicles this week or if they're totally shut down and not even completing partial builds like ours. Ford continues with the lack of communication, so at least they're consistent on that front.

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since it’s already become a thing, I figured I’d stop by the ice mountain and get some photos after the storm last night.

30E4447A-7EA4-4368-A772-11820112DA2F.jpeg

61E122A6-9366-4977-A24C-8CEADF8501F5.jpeg

3F8217CB-B301-4EDD-AF34-33BC0A8B822A.jpeg
5464DB71-2D8C-4B70-8CC4-33CB94802C08.jpeg
C546DB68-8DE0-484E-9A18-06C704A94B05.jpeg
6540135B-D817-49AA-B666-D1A09DDE7FDB.jpeg
Took some aerials today.

IMG_5474.jpeg

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Took some aerials today.

IMG_5474.jpeg
Damn that’s a lot. Someone will count them I don’t have the patience or eyesight. Lol.

That’s at the plant right? Someone was saying it was far and where the dirt mountain was.

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is dirt mountain, about 10 miles from the plant.

Sponsored

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is dirt mountain, about 10 miles from the plant.
Oh so same deal as that time. Major logistic to go get them and bring them back as needed. Will show up with 50 miles on them or something. Ugh.

section525

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks like a few fresh pickups in the center-right too.

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh so same deal as that time. Major logistic to go get them and bring them back as needed. Will show up with 50 miles on them or something. Ugh.
It's possible they are in a "delivery mode" or something where no miles actually get counted on the odometer.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's possible they are in a "delivery mode" or something where no miles actually get counted on the odometer.
I was thinking same thing. Has to be a way they handle that. Think the last debacle of dirt mountain showed up with 50 miles on them or something though. Hope your right. Isn’t the end of the world but sure does add sting to the deal when your “new” car has demo miles on it. 🙃
Sponsored