First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tried to go up to the top of Capilla Peak here in NM today. Storm took out a pole and power lines for our emergency communication tower and the generator didn’t start. Downed tree and no saw with me blocked the road so I tried to use the electric company maintenance path. Got stuck three times and spent an hour and a half winching myself out and getting turned around. Honestly surprised I made it as far as I did. Video is a short clip of the last mile or so of a 9 mile trek from the pavement.

Ford Bronco The mountain beat me today. Stuck 3x and 1.5 hrs of winching IMG_4792

VIDEO:

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love the bronco trail app video, beautiful snow. Hope you guys stay safe.

Elmer Walker

Outer Banks
First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tried to go up to the top of Capilla Peak here in NM today. Storm took out a pole and power lines for our emergency communication tower and the generator didn’t start. Downed tree and no saw with me blocked the road so I tried to use the electric company maintenance path. Got stuck three times and spent an hour and a half winching myself out and getting turned around. Honestly surprised I made it as far as I did. Video is a short clip of the last mile or so of a 9 mile trek from the pavement.
IMG_4792.jpeg

Ford Bronco The mountain beat me today. Stuck 3x and 1.5 hrs of winching 77222D53-0C0B-4E20-AFC2-7E7DBB154872

You are more curious than I am. How did you get the display features at the bottom of your video thanks, elmer

OP
OP
Dover157

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You are more curious than I am. How did you get the display features at the bottom of your video thanks, elmer
Shot the video using the bronco trail app. Unfortunately it seems that the app has been removed from the app stores, not sure if or when it will come back.

Sponsored

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco The mountain beat me today. Stuck 3x and 1.5 hrs of winching 77222D53-0C0B-4E20-AFC2-7E7DBB154872

VIDEO:

It's beautiful in the snow. Why not use a set of good, old fashioned chains in that area?

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Shot the video using the bronco trail app. Unfortunately it seems that the app has been removed from the app stores, not sure if or when it will come back.
I discovered this last night when trying to set up a new phone.

The solution: it appears in the app/ play stores when viewed on desktop - search for it in a browser and have it installed "OTA," if you will.

OP
OP
Dover157

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's beautiful in the snow. Why not use a set of good, old fashioned chains in that area?
The spot I got stuck was so deep I don’t think chains would have helped. The 35” Mikey Baja boss tires do pretty good but when you put enough snow under it that they are hanging in the air pulling is about all that will help lol

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The spot I got stuck was so deep I don’t think chains would have helped. The 35” Mikey Baja boss tires do pretty good but when you put enough snow under it that they are hanging in the air pulling is about all that will help lol
Gotcha! Are those the MT "AT" or the "MT"? How's the noise? Ride?

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interested in how the winch (and mount) worked. Obviously, you made it out so they did their job. But I just installed the same RC mount and your use in this scenario is similar to what I’d be getting into during a “normal” winter.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Damn. Was just looking at snowfall totals in NM and CO. Crazy. That is why I live in Texas. Glad you made it out.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The spot I got stuck was so deep I don’t think chains would have helped.
You’re right. In fact, likely just the opposite.

Chains almost always cause you more trouble than they get you out of in snow. Good for ice. Maybe even snow shallower than the radius of your tires.

But deep snow? Fah getta bout it! They just act like claws digging straight down until your belly rests on a soft bed of snow. And you go no more.
Sponsored