First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Trail app is missing from iOS store too.

OP
OP
Dover157

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interested in how the winch (and mount) worked. Obviously, you made it out so they did their job. But I just installed the same RC mount and your use in this scenario is similar to what I’d be getting into during a “normal” winter.
Worked great. I did replace the Chineseium hook with an ultra hook from factor 55 though. Only casualty was my winch cover. Was completely encased in ice and I couldn’t get it to stretch to come off so I had to cut it. Will definitely be ordering another one this week week. The NM sun is killer on things.

OP
OP
Dover157

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Gotcha! Are those the MT "AT" or the "MT"? How's the noise? Ride?
“A/T” size 255/85R17 on factory black diamond steelies. Road noise is not that much more than the grabbers that came with it. They do ride a little rougher being load range E but it doesn’t bother me, I didn’t buy it for luxury car ride anyway lol.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Worked great. I did replace the Chineseium hook with an ultra hook from factor 55 though. Only casualty was my winch cover. Was completely encased in ice and I couldn’t get it to stretch to come off so I had to cut it. Will definitely be ordering another one this week week. The NM sun is killer on things.
Great to hear. FWIW, I bought a Bartact winch cover (meant for Warn Evo but fits my SuperWinch SX10) and it seems really durable.
Ford Bronco The mountain beat me today. Stuck 3x and 1.5 hrs of winching IMG_3574

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dover157

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great to hear. FWIW, I bought a Bartact winch cover (meant for Warn Evo but fits my SuperWinch SX10) and it seems really durable.
IMG_3574.jpeg
That definitely looks better than the neoprene bag RC sells lol.
Ford Bronco The mountain beat me today. Stuck 3x and 1.5 hrs of winching IMG_4756

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did your RC High Winch mount hold up to all the winching? Do you have frame horn reinforcements? Just curious...glad you were able to make it out safely!

OP
OP
Dover157

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How did your RC High Winch mount hold up to all the winching? Do you have frame horn reinforcements? Just curious...glad you were able to make it out safely!
Held up fine with no reinforcements. Only one pull was even slightly hard at about a 70° angle from centerline as that was the only tree available to get out of the last drift (picture in original post). Have used it before to pull a full size van out of a sand trap and up a hill with no bending either. I think the capable bumper provides a better mounting surface for it than the modular does. Did not have to use any of the spacers to get it to sit flush which helps distribute the force more evenly.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Held up fine with no reinforcements. Only one pull was even slightly hard at about a 70° angle from centerline as that was the only tree available to get out of the last drift (picture in original post). Have used it before to pull a full size van out of a sand trap and up a hill with no bending either. I think the capable bumper provides a better mounting surface for it than the modular does. Did not have to use any of the spacers to get it to sit flush which helps distribute the force more evenly.
Cool, thanks for the info!

OP
OP
Dover157

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We managed to make it up there today. The bronco only made it about 50 yards past where the downed tree was before the drifts got way to big for it, ended up riding in the side by side with tracks the rest of the way. About 8” of ice coating everything made for a total mess and will probably be a couple weeks before the power company can get any heavy equipment up there to fix it. Fog rolled in on us and the drive down was interesting to say the least. The side by side is only about 20 yards ahead of me here.
Ford Bronco The mountain beat me today. Stuck 3x and 1.5 hrs of winching IMG_4804

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dover157

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You’re right. In fact, likely just the opposite.

Chains almost always cause you more trouble than they get you out of in snow. Good for ice. Maybe even snow shallower than the radius of your tires.

But deep snow? Fah getta bout it! They just act like claws digging straight down until your belly rests on a soft bed of snow. And you go no more.
Good notes. Chains are not your friends in deep bottom snow with a "soft belly" as we say.
We managed to make it up there today. The bronco only made it about 50 yards past where the downed tree was before the drifts got way to big for it, ended up riding in the side by side with tracks the rest of the way. About 8” of ice coating everything made for a total mess and will probably be a couple weeks before the power company can get any heavy equipment up there to fix it. Fog rolled in on us and the drive down was interesting to say the least. The side by side is only about 20 yards ahead of me here.
Ford Bronco The mountain beat me today. Stuck 3x and 1.5 hrs of winching IMG_4059
Love your thread. Thanks for posting.

Have you looked at the Wildpeak AT3W?
We spend 60% of most of the winter working logging and Trail roads in Colorado and have had tremendous success with the AT3's on 17"s. We did upgrade to 285's and air to 17-23 ish PSI for most of our off pavement. Same sort of environment as you depict. Love

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Impressive! I was puckering....looks much faster than noted on the app. Wow. Scary. One wrong move....
Sponsored