chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So are they going to give 2 door broncos the opportunity for soft top if hard top is such an issue? Probably not
Sponsored

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There have been rumors of a 4runner redesign. If that actually does occur for the 2022 model I can see a lot of people checking that out if Toyota does a good job with it.
TRD - Turd. šŸ¤£

Manda13

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I reached out to my dealer today to see if my order has been changed and they said they would have to get back to me as only the GM can look. This is the third time Iā€™ve gotten that response. Iā€™m starting to think the ā€œGMā€ doesn't even exist.

Even if I am pushed back Iā€™m not complaining. Iā€™m a 4/5 reservation/order holder who knows Iā€™ve basically won the lottery.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

here's the official email we got

MICHIGAN ASSEMBLY PLANT SHUT DOWN

This week Ford announced that the Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP), where Broncos are born, will be down the weeks of May 17 and May 24 due to the global semiconductor shortage, pushing back the build weeks for several Broncos including FCTP units and Customer Orders. This will not affect summer deliveries or overall 2021MY production levels because MAP will not have a traditional summer shutdown, a decision we made last month.

Customers with a modified build week started receiving emails from Ford on May 6. All affected customers will be notified by end of day today, May 7. Vehicle Visibility has also been updated to reflect any scheduling changes.

BRONCO JULY PRODUCTION SCHEDULING MEMO

Below is information to support conversations with your Bronco order holders about the upcoming July Production scheduling, which begins next Thursday, May 13.

Background

Ā· Ford is investing millions of dollars to match production to orders by stockpiling parts and increasing capacity

Ā· Continued challenges with hard top production will result in significantly more soft tops as % of production for July production; Reminder that mixes will shift by month

Ā· Additionally, trailer tow and safari bar will be key scheduling constraints in July

Ā· July production scheduling begins next week, May 13

Scheduling Process Explained

Ford's production process is dynamic and based on a number of real time factors including reservation timestamp, orders available for scheduling, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives. While timestamp is a key factor, the scheduling system will continue to go down the list until it finds a clean/eligible order based on that monthā€™s production requirements and part availability. Make sure all your orders are ready for scheduling.

July Production Notes

Ā· Soft Top Production Opportunity

o Customers looking to get their Bronco as soon as possible should consider changing their order from hard top to soft top by May 12, ahead of July production scheduling period

o Based on current mix of soft top production and the number of available orders in order bank, a large number of soft top orders with very late time stamps will schedule for July production

Ā· Trailer Tow & Safari Bar Scheduling

o These commodities are in short supply for July production

o Encourage customers that want to get their Broncoā€™s earlier to remove these options from their orders

Ā· Wildtrak & First Edition Scheduling

o These series will have limited July production due to hard top availability

can someone ask Levin what the definitive answer to self installed trailer hitches?

can you self/after-mkt install a trailer hitch on a bronco if you dont need trailer breaks?

will the harness be pre-run for trailer hookup?

will the bumper be notched and ready to accept hitch?

Sponsored

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How are so many people getting build dates, Iā€™m a day two reservation and havenā€™t heard shit. Is it because I ordered a badlands with lux and tow package?
they should just deliver soft tops with hard top wirings and give customer a voucher for a hard top. Iā€™m sure some will accept the offer.
I would totally do this. I wanted both anyway. They should honestly just wire them all anyway. With the cost of the vehicle The extra cost to add the wiring is inconsequential.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't play favorites with car companies, but Toyota does make engines that last long. I bet a 4runner engine will outlast a bronco
Really? Sounds like you're more of a Toyota guy? I do play favorites with car companies. I'm Ford Blue Oval, through and through! Although I have to admit that the only brand new vehicle I ever bought was a 1983 Toyota SR5 Pickup. Yep, I'm that old. The SR5 was a nice truck, but it wasn't all that. Visible spot welds on the back of the cab. Not the best craftsmanship. I know a lot has changed since then. Toyota's have a good reputation for value and reliability. But I believe most vehicles will last if their well maintained. Maybe Toyota owners are more inclined to take better care of their vehicles, because they made a consious effort to buy a supposedly reliable vehicle? "To each his own" But for me, I'll buy a Ford.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Really? Sounds like you're more of a Toyota guy? I do play favorites with car companies. I'm Ford Blue Oval, through and through! Although I have to admit that the only brand new vehicle I ever bought was a 1983 Toyota SR5 Pickup. Yep, I'm that old. The SR5 was a nice truck, but it wasn't all that. Visible spot welds on the back of the cab. Not the best craftsmanship. I know a lot has changed since then. Toyota's have a good reputation for value and reliability. But I believe most vehicles will last if their well maintained. Maybe Toyota owners are more inclined to take better care of their vehicles, because they made a consious effort to buy a supposedly reliable vehicle? "To each his own" But for me, I'll buy a Ford.
Can't be a Toyota guy if I have never owned onešŸ˜‰. Not to be rude, but usually when people are diehards for a certain car company they are blinded by that "love". I am hoping the bronco will not have issues, but if another car company comes out with something I like before I can get the bronco I have no problem dropping ford like a dress on prom night

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't be a Toyota guy if I have never owned onešŸ˜‰. Not to be rude, but usually when people are diehards for a certain car company they are blinded by that "love". I am hoping the bronco will not have issues, but if another car company comes out with something I like before I can get the bronco I have no problem dropping ford like a dress on prom night
Well played Chris. You have a good point. I admit to being blinded by that love. I just feel better driving a Ford. I've driven a lot of cars in my life. Only a few have impressed me. One of the few was a 1997 BMW 328i. Fun to drive, handled like a slot car. But once the miles added up, it became a money pit. I think BMW stands for Big Money Waste! When I get behind the wheel of my 2012 Mustang GT.. It just feels right. And it puts a big smile šŸ˜ on my face! I hope my eventual new Bronco Badlands will do the same, but in a different, off-road kinda way. Only time will tell if the new Bronco is rugged and reliable like America's best selling vehicle for 36 straight years. The Ford F-150 Pickup Truck! If it's anything like the F-150? I think Bronco has a good shot.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well played Chris. You have a good point. I admit to being blinded by that love. I just feel better driving a Ford. I've driven a lot of cars in my life. Only a few have impressed me. One of the few was a 1997 BMW 328i. Fun to drive, handled like a slot car. But once the miles added up, it became a money pit. I think BMW stands for Big Money Waste! When I get behind the wheel of my 2012 Mustang GT.. It just feels right. And it puts a big smile šŸ˜ on my face! I hope my eventual new Bronco Badlands will do the same, but in a different, off-road kinda way. Only time will tell if the new Bronco is rugged and reliable like America's best selling vehicle for 36 straight years. The Ford F-150 Pickup Truck! If it's anything like the F-150? I think Bronco has a good shot.
Hopefully we all get our broncos as ford has stated. Even with the setbacks they said they are on schedule for the summer, but I have lost trust in how Ford has handled this release. I will say that I am excited to get the bronco. If I could afford 2 cars I would have looked at the Mustang mach-e to satisfy my feed lustšŸ˜‚

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully we all get our broncos as ford has stated. Even with the setbacks they said they are on schedule for the summer, but I have lost trust in how Ford has handled this release. I will say that I am excited to get the bronco. If I could afford 2 cars I would have looked at the Mustang mach-e to satisfy my feed lustšŸ˜‚
I agree. Ford has dropped the the ball, big time on the Bronco roll out. But I believe it will be worth it once we get them. Hang in there. We'll be driving them eventually, and having a blast!

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Will production get delayed enough that I can get my gloss black painted hardtop on the FE ?
Sponsored