Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My expected build date of 06/14 has been moved to 07/05. Seems to be an overall 3 week push back.
Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wasn't expecting mine until January or February. Maybe I should not be so optimistic? 😆😆😆

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was at the dealer today and verified the same as other 6.14 to 7.5. I am buying my F150 of my now 8 month extended lease and will try and flip it in July and make a couple of $. Should net about $3k after taxes. If the Bronco hits bigger delays, maybe keep the F150 and delay the Bronco to 22.

Sponsored

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

At least you got some date. I have a 7/13 BB res and nothing yet. I had to buy a second car so I had something to drive in the mean time other than my Ford Transit cargo van.

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
here's the official email we got

MICHIGAN ASSEMBLY PLANT SHUT DOWN

This week Ford announced that the Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP), where Broncos are born, will be down the weeks of May 17 and May 24 due to the global semiconductor shortage, pushing back the build weeks for several Broncos including FCTP units and Customer Orders. This will not affect summer deliveries or overall 2021MY production levels because MAP will not have a traditional summer shutdown, a decision we made last month.

Customers with a modified build week started receiving emails from Ford on May 6. All affected customers will be notified by end of day today, May 7. Vehicle Visibility has also been updated to reflect any scheduling changes.

BRONCO JULY PRODUCTION SCHEDULING MEMO

Below is information to support conversations with your Bronco order holders about the upcoming July Production scheduling, which begins next Thursday, May 13.

Background

· Ford is investing millions of dollars to match production to orders by stockpiling parts and increasing capacity

· Continued challenges with hard top production will result in significantly more soft tops as % of production for July production; Reminder that mixes will shift by month

· Additionally, trailer tow and safari bar will be key scheduling constraints in July

· July production scheduling begins next week, May 13

Scheduling Process Explained

Ford's production process is dynamic and based on a number of real time factors including reservation timestamp, orders available for scheduling, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives. While timestamp is a key factor, the scheduling system will continue to go down the list until it finds a clean/eligible order based on that month’s production requirements and part availability. Make sure all your orders are ready for scheduling.

July Production Notes

· Soft Top Production Opportunity

o Customers looking to get their Bronco as soon as possible should consider changing their order from hard top to soft top by May 12, ahead of July production scheduling period

o Based on current mix of soft top production and the number of available orders in order bank, a large number of soft top orders with very late time stamps will schedule for July production

· Trailer Tow & Safari Bar Scheduling

o These commodities are in short supply for July production

o Encourage customers that want to get their Bronco’s earlier to remove these options from their orders

· Wildtrak & First Edition Scheduling

o These series will have limited July production due to hard top availability

Scottaz76

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Spoke with my dealer today.

I’m a day 0, hour 2 pre-order. No vin assigned as of about 4pm AZ time today when I spoke to the dealership.

Why does this matter?

A)Dealer said all dates are slipping right now. Delays are likely coming. Just think of that stupid game of thrones meme but with more heartache.

2)Had zero clue about the mid May “everyone finds out their build date” thing. Not sure what that was about.

III) Almost all of their allotment that’s been picked up is 2.3 and the trim/models are all over the place. Dealer was nice enough to read off the entire list.. out of hundreds+ of Reservations, 185 or so were converted to orders. 19 orders have been picked up by Ford for VINS. Really was a random smattering, but only 1 Badlands. I’m #4 in line but haven’t heard a thing.
Which dealer in AZ are you working with?

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This week Ford announced that the Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP), where Broncos are born, will be down the weeks of May 17 and May 24 due to the global semiconductor shortage, pushing back the build weeks for several Broncos including FCTP units and Customer Orders. This will not affect summer deliveries or overall 2021MY production levels because MAP will not have a traditional summer shutdown, a decision we made last month.

Customers with a modified build week started receiving emails from Ford on May 6. All affected customers will be notified by end of day today, May 7. Vehicle Visibility has also been updated to reflect any scheduling changes.

Below is information to support conversations with your Bronco order holders about the upcoming July Production scheduling, which begins next Thursday, May 13.

Background

· Ford is investing millions of dollars to match production to orders by stockpiling parts and increasing capacity

· Continued challenges with hard top production will result in significantly more soft tops as % of production for July production; Reminder that mixes will shift by month

· Additionally, trailer tow and safari bar will be key scheduling constraints in July

Ford's production process is dynamic and based on a number of real time factors including reservation timestamp, orders available for scheduling, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives. While timestamp is a key factor, the scheduling system will continue to go down the list until it finds a clean/eligible order based on that month’s production requirements and part availability. Make sure all your orders are ready for scheduling.

July Production Notes

o Customers looking to get their Bronco as soon as possible should consider changing their order from hard top to soft top by May 12, ahead of July production scheduling period

o Based on current mix of soft top production and the number of available orders in order bank, a large number of soft top orders with very late time stamps will schedule for July production

o Encourage customers that want to get their Bronco’s earlier to remove these options from their orders

What if your build date is in June?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What if your build date is in June?

Well, it does say all affected customers will be notified, so I guess it depends on what all means.
If you didn't get an email by the end of May 7, then 🤷‍♂️ ?

Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My take from that email is that me and anyone else who recieved a VIN, if you didn't get an email today telling you about a delay then you're all set.

I saw people debating about removing tow package. It now looks like that may get you a bronco much faster. At least for this July scheduling.Changing to soft top too, but that's a big jump to lose the hard top.

Those soft top late res gonna jump right up in line if an early res doesn't grab it soon.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every day delay is a day closer to Toyota teasing or leaking info on the all new redesigned 2023 4Runner that goes on sale in the fall of 2022.

If they were smart they would start soon, like Jeep did, in order to get some defections from the Bronco.
Pretty sure this is what my wife is hoping for and we’re not even Toyota people. Ive been holding her back from buying a 21 4runner for some time. She doesn't need a removable roof. Sunroof like she has will be sufficient. If she wants top down, she can drive my LJ.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Those soft top late res gonna jump right up in line if an early res doesn't grab it soon.
Gonna be a ton more line jumpers, but the soft tops are butt ugly and i'm getting a WildTrak anyway. Good job Ford....

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Background

July Production Notes

1) thank you for sharing!

2) Ford has had the reservations for almost a year, so they know what people wanted. That being said:

3) this is infuriating, ridiculous, and unacceptable.

4) no, they can't blame covid for this.
Sponsored