Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a 9/8 blend.
BD w/ MIC
So... last week as a run-arounder
Wooohooo! We all sincerely hope you graduate to a Bronco owner and not to a BadBatch. 🥳🥳🥳

OP
OP
balynn1971

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it realistic to think with a blend date today that status will change today or is tomorrow more likely? I'm in manufacturing but know nothing about the "cycle time" of getting a vehicle through an assembly plant. I'm not naive so of course all of this assumes there's no further issues, Ford meets blend date commitment and anything else that has slowed this from Day 1 :ROFLMAO: , BUT in an ideal world what would be a reasonable expectation so that I'm not checking order tracker ever 15 minutes! They claim March Madness is the most unproductive period for US workforce due to people checking their brackets. I'd argue that folks checking their blend dates on the day of, might be even more unproductive....

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it realistic to think with a blend date today that status will change today or is tomorrow more likely? I'm in manufacturing but know nothing about the "cycle time" of getting a vehicle through an assembly plant. I'm not naive so of course all of this assumes there's no further issues, Ford meets blend date commitment and anything else that has slowed this from Day 1 :ROFLMAO: , BUT in an ideal world what would be a reasonable expectation so that I'm not checking order tracker ever 15 minutes! They claim March Madness is the most unproductive period for US workforce due to people checking their brackets. I'd argue that folks checking their blend dates on the day of, might be even more unproductive....
Most likely early morning update (~2am) tomorrow or the next day.

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Save yourself the heartache and don't bother with the tracker at all today.

Sponsored

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer John from Stephens Auto confirmed on a call today that my BL with MIC build date shifted this past Thursday from 9/14 to now 9/23. He is hearing that Ford is moving forward with the MIC2.0.

Also This was posted today by @Dirty Bronco in our Stephens Auto thread:

Ford confirms it will ship new Bronco hardtops, Broncos this week :love:
Phoebe Wall Howard
Detroit Free Press

Ford Motor Co. will start shipping this week thousands of new hardtop roofs to dealers waiting to replace the faulty ones on 2021 Broncos already delivered, the Free Press has learned.

Also, Ford will be installing the new tops in 2021 Broncos that have been held back, then shipping those vehicles immediately.

"Testing has been completed," said Mark Grueber, Ford Bronco marketing manager, told the Free Press on Tuesday. "We're ramping up production of the new roof and waiting for those units."

Customers should call their dealers to make arrangements.

Three weeks ago, Ford announced that it would replace all 2021 Bronco hardtops for customers and dealers after extreme water and humidity changed their appearance.

In addition, Ford held its massive supply of non-delivered vehicles in large lots as the manufacturing process evolved.

In early July, the Free Press first reported that the Webasto hardtop problems were disrupting production and delivery of a product the began with 125,000 orders.

Ford began shipping the hot new SUV from its Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne in mid-June. A combination of the chip shortage, COVID-19 challenges and supply chain issues combined with a manufacturing problem to create a high-profile headache.

"We’ve started the roof replacements on the hardtop. We’ll be continuing to ramp that up to replace the roofs on vehicles currently being held needing the new roof," Grueber told the Free Press. "Shortly, we’ll be starting to send the new roofs out to dealers for those vehicles that have already been delivered. We expect to be shipping the roofs and the Broncos with the new roofs within the week."

The only delay now, he said, is the time it takes to run all Broncos that have been sitting awhile through comprehensive inspection.

"We'll do a water test on the new roof as well," Grueber said. "We'll make sure they're ready for sale."

Contact Phoebe Wall Howard at 313-222-6512or[email protected].Follow her on Twitter@phoebesaid. Read more on Ford and sign up for our autos newsletter.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer John from Stephens Auto confirmed on a call today that my BL with MIC build date shifted this past Thursday from 9/14 to now 9/23. He is hearing that Ford is moving forward with the MIC2.0.

Also This was posted today by @Dirty Bronco in our Stephens Auto thread:

Ford confirms it will ship new Bronco hardtops, Broncos this week :love:
Phoebe Wall Howard
Detroit Free Press

Ford Motor Co. will start shipping this week thousands of new hardtop roofs to dealers waiting to replace the faulty ones on 2021 Broncos already delivered, the Free Press has learned.

Also, Ford will be installing the new tops in 2021 Broncos that have been held back, then shipping those vehicles immediately.

"Testing has been completed," said Mark Grueber, Ford Bronco marketing manager, told the Free Press on Tuesday. "We're ramping up production of the new roof and waiting for those units."

Customers should call their dealers to make arrangements.

Three weeks ago, Ford announced that it would replace all 2021 Bronco hardtops for customers and dealers after extreme water and humidity changed their appearance.

In addition, Ford held its massive supply of non-delivered vehicles in large lots as the manufacturing process evolved.

In early July, the Free Press first reported that the Webasto hardtop problems were disrupting production and delivery of a product the began with 125,000 orders.

Ford began shipping the hot new SUV from its Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne in mid-June. A combination of the chip shortage, COVID-19 challenges and supply chain issues combined with a manufacturing problem to create a high-profile headache.

"We’ve started the roof replacements on the hardtop. We’ll be continuing to ramp that up to replace the roofs on vehicles currently being held needing the new roof," Grueber told the Free Press. "Shortly, we’ll be starting to send the new roofs out to dealers for those vehicles that have already been delivered. We expect to be shipping the roofs and the Broncos with the new roofs within the week."

The only delay now, he said, is the time it takes to run all Broncos that have been sitting awhile through comprehensive inspection.

"We'll do a water test on the new roof as well," Grueber said. "We'll make sure they're ready for sale."

Contact Phoebe Wall Howard at 313-222-6512or[email protected].Follow her on Twitter@phoebesaid. Read more on Ford and sign up for our autos newsletter.

I am in the same boat as you. My build date was 9/14 and I am now 9/24. I hope these hold but wouldn't be surprised to see them kicked back again. Ford's email said they'd be producing hard tops for delivered units and dirt mountain units before they got around to producing brand new rigs with MIC tops. Maybe that changed?

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in the same boat as you. My build date was 9/14 and I am now 9/24. I hope these hold but wouldn't be surprised to see them kicked back again. Ford's email said they'd be producing hard tops for delivered units and dirt mountain units before they got around to producing brand new rigs with MIC tops. Maybe that changed?
Yes, obviously all we have is speculation, but Ford has said that all FEs and all previously scheduled MIC top Broncos that have VINs but haven’t been built will be built in MY21. This is just a WAG, but thinking that Ford will send some new MIC 2.0s to dirt mountain, some % to dealers to replace customer MICs who’ve already taken delivery, and simultaneously some % to MAP for production to get those builds going again in an effort to not run out of other commodities for those builds as we approach the end of the year.

It would be great to learn how many 2.0s Webasto is now cranking out everyday! I highly doubt we would ever learn what % of MIC 2.0s For will send to where. Only time will tell over the next 2 weeks if we go into process status!

OP
OP
balynn1971

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Promised y'all I'd keep you updated. As of 11pm tonight in Ohio, no update on my status (still "in production"). Hope to see an update tomorrow that will confirm a lot of the news we got today (MIC 2.0's being produced, shipped, on assembly line, etc). Let you know in AM.

OP
OP
balynn1971

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So as of 7:30am, no update.
Thanks for the update. I'm convinced you'll be getting it tonight, and maybe even delivery by end of week 😃!

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the update. I'm convinced you'll be getting it tonight, and maybe even delivery by end of week 😃!
Well. Hopefully my previous comment aged well?!?!?

Jeanielo29

Big Bend
First Name
Jeanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For those are of us that received the “we will update you in October” email….do you that is when we will receive a build date?

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My BL/Mic build date has been pushed around as well, starting with July 19, and the latest email was a Sept. 13 build date, then Ford sent the email about letting us know in October. I called my dealer last week and he said I've now been scheduled for Nov. 1.
Sponsored