BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally serious. Imagine the crawl gear with a turbo diesel.
If it is supposed to be anything like it's big brother then it not going to happen. BRaptor is meant to go fast in the desert. Not crawl through the rocks. I would totally support a diesel in some sort of factory rock crawler though.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I get that there is no replacement for displacement. But I can not image a larger engine than the 3.0L working in the Bronco. I prefer balanced vehicles that can support the power they have going around a turn. Even the 2.7 I drove felt a little sketchy going fast. Off road I am sure the extra power can be helpful. On road….not sure.

Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I get that there is no replacement for displacement. But I can not image a larger engine than the 3.0L working in the Bronco. I prefer balanced vehicles that can support the power they have going around a turn. Even the 2.7 I drove felt a little sketchy going fast. Off road I am sure the extra power can be helpful. On road….not sure.
There’s a new replacement for displacement. It’s called a tuned turbo.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the point of the Raptor family...?
I think the Raptor line is more about suspension and a higher level of detail (interior, body fenders) then pure power. But we shall see.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The upcoming Ranger and Bronco Raptor will use the 3.0 Ecoboost. I'd put money on that. Maybe one day they'll get the 3.0 Ecoboost Hybrid that the Aviator gets... that would be amazing. It makes 494hp and 630tq
Exactly! Where’s these bozos get off automatically thinking it’d be the 3.5 or even the V8.
There won’t be a V8 bronco til maybe and that’s a big maybe, the end of its production life as a rare specialty like the bronco R. Even then I highly doubt it

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There’s a new replacement for displacement. It’s called a tuned turbo.
6.2 gen 1 i would say is displacement. But the twin turbo 3.5 is very impressive.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
6.2 gen 1 i would say is displacement. But the twin turbo 3.5 is very impressive.
True. I only said the power stroke 3.0 but they actually replaced it with the power boost. So maybe that.

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys,

I know we are all waiting to see what Ford puts under the hood of the Bronco Raptor. Many of us are hoping for a V8, while most of us feel like we know the 3.5 from the F150 Raptor is the likely engine. I think the best engine for this amazing Bronco is the Powerboost Hybrid. It would allow for the 7.2 Kw pro power onboard generator that would almost by itself make the Bronco Raptor the most capable and highly sought after overlander in the world. I have th F150 Limited Powerboost and I absolutely love it. It is faster to 60 than a Raptor as well as many other sports cars. I absolutley love it and the 7.2 kw generator powered my entire film crew in the New Mexican Mountains just a few months ago, not to mention it also powered the AC for the trailers for my actors. Having this tech in the Bronco would make it untouchable. What are your thoughts?
yuck ..no on the electric

plug in electric absolutely sucks, now if you are talking internal combustion hydrogen that Toyota has come up with ..I’m all in.

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport & '08Ford F-150 FX2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
ROUSH supercharged 5.0

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It also occurs to me that Ford could use a low-displacement 6 cylinder that has yet been unveiled.
Sponsored