First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Inifiniti
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm aware of what it looks like, which is how I formed my opinion, but thank you for posting a photo for my reference. Yes, hideous, and it worsens as the view of the front end becomes more oblique, the tapering back towards the fender. It lacks muscularity, and the housing and lenses the headlights have been set into feel like a compromise between the real Bronco and the CR-Vs and RAV4s this will be competing with. It's very difficult to be simultaneously svelte and muscular, but that's what they attempted, and they failed. But otherwise, it's not a bad looking rig from other angles. The aftermarket will no doubt offer several options for fixing the front end.
Don't you belong on twitter?
Sponsored

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't you belong on twitter?
I'll assume since you chose not to directly respond to any of my points about the failed attempt at a front-end design, you have nothing of substance to add.

But enjoy driving your compromise.

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really like the Bronco Sport as a competitor for a Subaru Forester, or Toyota Highlander, or any other soft-roader. I'd be a lot more interested if it was available with a true low range and a manual transmission.
As such, when the time comes that I'm ready to buy another new vehicle, I'll be sticking with my original plan of buying a Base Manual Squatch Bronco. Otherwise, my old Subaru with some modifications will continue to fit the bill.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Let me help with that ? we're planning on getting the rig dirty this weekend. Ride is very comfortable, plenty of space for our need and will be her daily driver. We plan on using my big bronco (Wildtrak, will be changing from BL) for the long trips and main off road trails!

20210111_085749.jpg

20210111_085740.jpg

20210111_085809.jpg

20210111_085920.jpg

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm aware of what it looks like, which is how I formed my opinion, but thank you for posting a photo for my reference. Yes, hideous, and it worsens as the view of the front end becomes more oblique, the tapering back towards the fender. It lacks muscularity, and the housing and lenses the headlights have been set into feel like a compromise between the real Bronco and the CR-Vs and RAV4s this will be competing with. It's very difficult to be simultaneously svelte and muscular, but that's what they attempted, and they failed. But otherwise, it's not a bad looking rig from other angles. The aftermarket will no doubt offer several options for fixing the front end.
In your opinion. Others' may vary.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll assume since you chose not to directly respond to any of my points about the failed attempt at a front-end design, you have nothing of substance to add.

But enjoy driving your compromise.
IN YOUR opinion. Wow. Back to FB or something.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s not a logical conclusion based on my statement at all. But they are both Mustangs.
Well then I guess they were both equally not valuable.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's looks good in pictures. In person, not so much. Also, it's freaking tiny. I'm 5'10", and I have to push the driver's seat all the way back just to be kind of comfortable. The rear seat has no room at all. My wife is 5'2". She tried sitting back there and said it sucks. Anyone who is thinking of buying this vehicle really should try it out, first.

Sponsored

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like someone used their brain instead of their heart, you can never go wrong with that.
Enjoy your new car, keep us posted.

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's looks good in pictures. In person, not so much. Also, it's freaking tiny. I'm 5'10", and I have to push the driver's seat all the way back just to be kind of comfortable. The rear seat has no room at all. My wife is 5'2". She tried sitting back there and said it sucks. Anyone who is thinking of buying this vehicle really should try it out, first.
I haven't seen it yet in-person but I'm not at all surprised to hear that it looks worse than it does in photos. It's a compact crossover based on the Escape, a pretty terrible place to start. So far, the Sport seems like the debacle that was the Bronco II, all over again.

The real Bronco is brilliantly designed, and will very likely age well as they haven't done anything too outrageous or trendy. The Sport is shiny and new (and capable, from what I've read) but it's not going to be nearly as desirable in the long term and will obviously depreciate much more quickly. I'd wager that for those financing it, they'll be upside down on it within two years once the real Bronco's supply has leveled out to properly meet demand, and anyone will be able to walk into a dealer to buy one.

Ford appears to be making a habit now out of diluting their best brands, and I'm not sure why. Seems very shortsighted.

As I said in my original post on this thread, the Sport is the one I'd likely choose in its class, despite its looks, but I'll never be shopping in the compact crossover class anyway, so it's moot. For those who are, I get it, and fortunately the way the exterior looks is irrelevant when you're driving the poor thing.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco The Unthinkable Just Happened 72_mustan
Ford Bronco The Unthinkable Just Happened 72_mustan

Well, then again that wasn't the most memorable time for Mustang... ;)
To be fair, I did say Mustang and not Mustang II. Ford produced both the Mustang and the Pinto for model years '71, '72, and '73. The Mustang II did not overlap any period where the Mustang was being built. So, my analogy stands.
Sponsored