First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F 150 XLT Reg. cab FX4 5.0 Coyote
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had my build all ready to go for ordering, 2-door Badlands, sasquatch, high package....the works. $55.5k out the door. After a thousand questions since submitting my reservation on July 14th and almost as many rebuilds and brand comparisons I asked myself one final and simple question --- Please put your ego in your back pocket for 5 minutes and ask yourself what would be the best 4-wheeler to fit your REAL needs. After a few minutes of thought, and a few tears I must admit, I blurted out "Bronco Sport"!

And there you have it...I have done the unthinkable. Yesterday I marched into my local Ford dealer and ordered a Bronco Sport Badlands (no way I wasn't getting a Badlands!). Fully loaded, $40.1K out the door! (Dealer gave me a $750 discount --- maybe he felt sorry for me).

Funny thing is, I have never felt better about my Bronco choice. I know there are a lot of way more important things going on, but in the little Bronco universe that I have been swirling in of late, it felt like a weight had lifted from my shoulders. Black and white turned to color. I swear I saw a Munchkin yesterday hopping over my backyard fence.

Anyway, I put this out there to help any others that may know what the right choice should be, but think they are alone.

It is still a Bronco, after all.
Well good for you...There is a couple of times I wish I would of taken more time.
Sponsored

IndyBoswell

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had my build all ready to go for ordering, 2-door Badlands, sasquatch, high package....the works. $55.5k out the door. After a thousand questions since submitting my reservation on July 14th and almost as many rebuilds and brand comparisons I asked myself one final and simple question --- Please put your ego in your back pocket for 5 minutes and ask yourself what would be the best 4-wheeler to fit your REAL needs. After a few minutes of thought, and a few tears I must admit, I blurted out "Bronco Sport"!

And there you have it...I have done the unthinkable. Yesterday I marched into my local Ford dealer and ordered a Bronco Sport Badlands (no way I wasn't getting a Badlands!). Fully loaded, $40.1K out the door! (Dealer gave me a $750 discount --- maybe he felt sorry for me).

Funny thing is, I have never felt better about my Bronco choice. I know there are a lot of way more important things going on, but in the little Bronco universe that I have been swirling in of late, it felt like a weight had lifted from my shoulders. Black and white turned to color. I swear I saw a Munchkin yesterday hopping over my backyard fence.

Anyway, I put this out there to help any others that may know what the right choice should be, but think they are alone.

It is a refundable deposit and I did NOT give up my Bronco reservation. I am human!
Good! if you have the capability you should complete the purchase of both, then sell your non/sport. The scarcity vs demand is huge! It may be a $50K vehicle, but I bet you’ll sell it for $62,500 within the first day of listing it. people are willing to pay, not willing to wait! ?

Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The sport is a cool crossover but no matter what badging says if two vehicles do not share the same frame/chassis they can't be birds of a feather.
With that logic than a 4 cylinder mustang is the same as a GT500. Last time I checked, people didn't treat the 4 banger as a real mustang either.

We don't even know if the Bronco is a real Bronco yet other than what marketing has told us.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With that logic than a 4 cylinder mustang is the same as a GT500. Last time I checked, people didn't treat the 4 banger as a real mustang either.

We don't even know if the Bronco is a real Bronco yet other than what marketing has told us.
That’s not a logical conclusion based on my statement at all. But they are both Mustangs.

ATX Madridista

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Black Diamond Sasquatch V6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congrats to you man, those seem really nice! If they were open air I would be down but not being open air kills it for me tbh.

cheapshot

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra,Infinity
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Congratulations. I myself while waiting on a Bronco needed a vehicle now to hold me over and picked up a FJ Cruiser with only 20,000 miles and in perfect condition and not sure if I will ever get rid of it. I also see now where Ford stole several of its ideas, mostly interior. The FJ is Toyota’s version of a Jeep and is more than a capable off-roader with a history of reliability and is going up in value.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's nowhere close to the same. That's like saying a loaded Pinto is the same as a base Mustang.
Ford Bronco The Unthinkable Just Happened Pinto Mustan
Ford Bronco The Unthinkable Just Happened Pinto

Well, then again that wasn't the most memorable time for Mustang... ;)

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm aware of what it looks like, which is how I formed my opinion, but thank you for posting a photo for my reference. Yes, hideous, and it worsens as the view of the front end becomes more oblique, the tapering back towards the fender. It lacks muscularity, and the housing and lenses the headlights have been set into feel like a compromise between the real Bronco and the CR-Vs and RAV4s this will be competing with. It's very difficult to be simultaneously svelte and muscular, but that's what they attempted, and they failed. But otherwise, it's not a bad looking rig from other angles. The aftermarket will no doubt offer several options for fixing the front end.
Sponsored