Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats! Literally just joined the club too.

My partner pulled the trigger, we just signed papers for a Black Badlands Sport- MSRP, no ADM - 35k (includes tax and a 500 rebate from Ford). We are canceling her 2dr Black Diamond (Aug. 28 Reservation). I will post pics if anyone interested.

I'm still going to be taking delivery of my res (7/13) and will be going up to a Wildtrak instead of Badlands due to the recent B&P changes.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congrats! Literally just joined the club too.

My partner pulled the trigger, we just signed papers for a Black Badlands Sport- MSRP, no ADM - 35k (includes tax and a 500 rebate from Ford). We are canceling her 2dr Black Diamond (Aug. 28 Reservation). I will post pics if anyone interested.

I'm still going to be taking delivery of my res (7/13) and will be going up to a Wildtrak instead of Badlands due to the recent B&P changes.
Post up pictures. Your stable will be full by next summer (hopefully).

jackwise

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What's the point of this argument? If we are really honest none of the new Broncos are "real" if compared to the original. I agree they they should not have called the Mach-E a Mustang, but the Bronco Sport is a SUV with off road capability (in BL trim) and therefore in tune with the original Bronco concept. To Fords credit, the named it "Bronco Sport", not just "Bronco", fair enough.
I guess the point is he's a marketing victim. He's been baited and switched based on nothing but a marketing gimmick - giving another vehicle a name to associate it with something it really isn't to generate sales of a product inferior to that that which it is associated.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had my build all ready to go for ordering, 2-door Badlands, sasquatch, high package....the works. $55.5k out the door. After a thousand questions since submitting my reservation on July 14th and almost as many rebuilds and brand comparisons I asked myself one final and simple question --- Please put your ego in your back pocket for 5 minutes and ask yourself what would be the best 4-wheeler to fit your REAL needs. After a few minutes of thought, and a few tears I must admit, I blurted out "Bronco Sport"!

And there you have it...I have done the unthinkable. Yesterday I marched into my local Ford dealer and ordered a Bronco Sport Badlands (no way I wasn't getting a Badlands!). Fully loaded, $40.1K out the door! (Dealer gave me a $750 discount --- maybe he felt sorry for me).

Funny thing is, I have never felt better about my Bronco choice. I know there are a lot of way more important things going on, but in the little Bronco universe that I have been swirling in of late, it felt like a weight had lifted from my shoulders. Black and white turned to color. I swear I saw a Munchkin yesterday hopping over my backyard fence.

Anyway, I put this out there to help any others that may know what the right choice should be, but think they are alone.

It is still a Bronco, after all.
the Little Bronco is pretty sweet! I test drove one for the fun of it. I liked it! The badlands is a good choice. I think you’ll be very happy and you’ll go on plenty of adventures with it I am sure.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love that Solo Stove in your pic, but if all you want is a convertible, there are far more, better, and cheaper options available.

Big question is, "do you at least camp, or willing to give it a try?" If so, Bronco makes sense and the $50K is actually kind of cheap. However, for just riding around and baking in the sun in an effort to be, look, or do something you think may be cool, and that $50K will feel steep.

Think buying a 4K TV while only watching regular HD.
We have camped in the past, when the kids were younger. Now we only have one at home full-time and thinking about maybe starting again.

I've also always wanted a Bronco...got my first full time job too late to get a new 1996. Wife has always wanted a Jeep. Figured this is the best route for now. Probably just going Base with the 2.7, floor liners and aux switches.

BTW...we love the Solo Stove

Last edited:

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And there you have it...I have done the unthinkable. Yesterday I marched into my local Ford dealer and ordered a Bronco Sport Badlands (no way I wasn't getting a Badlands!). Fully loaded, $40.1K out the door! (Dealer gave me a $750 discount --- maybe he felt sorry for me).
Congratulations. The sport is a really nice ride. If I wasn't dead set on the other one, it would be on my list. I know I have said this before, but I think the sport will ultimately outsell the larger one.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree, might as well have a its not a Bronco because its a 4dr thread. I think its pretty cool they managed to get the styling right on the all of them. I am even more impressed with the Sports getting out their for sale!
Oh, we have plenty of the "it's not a Bronco because it has four doors" threads. We don't need anymore.

Last edited:

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had my build all ready to go for ordering, 2-door Badlands, sasquatch, high package....the works. $55.5k out the door. After a thousand questions since submitting my reservation on July 14th and almost as many rebuilds and brand comparisons I asked myself one final and simple question --- Please put your ego in your back pocket for 5 minutes and ask yourself what would be the best 4-wheeler to fit your REAL needs. After a few minutes of thought, and a few tears I must admit, I blurted out "Bronco Sport"!

Funny thing is, I have never felt better about my Bronco choice. I know there are a lot of way more important things going on, but in the little Bronco universe that I have been swirling in of late, it felt like a weight had lifted from my shoulders. Black and white turned to color. I swear I saw a Munchkin yesterday hopping over my backyard fence.

Anyway, I put this out there to help any others that may know what the right choice should be, but think they are alone.

It is still a Bronco, after all.
I did the same expect I got a ranger tremor, on order

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I guess the point is he's a marketing victim. He's been baited and switched based on nothing but a marketing gimmick - giving another vehicle a name to associate it with something it really isn't to generate sales of a product inferior to that that which it is associated.
The Bronco S is likely superior in everyway to the original. Things change, you cant compare generations. You may feel that way about the Bronco Sport, but many don't, and in the end, they are all just opinions.

Lets just all hope we get what we want.

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Congrats only you know what best fits your needs .
Two different animals for sure, the buying process shouldnt be stressful so glad you eliminated that thorn from your life im in for the long haul.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Post up pictures. Your stable will be full by next summer (hopefully).
Agreed! We intend to take both offroad and on many adventures. ????

Copy that, will share once done!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have camped in the past, when the kids were younger. Now we only have one at home full-time and thinking about maybe starting again.

I've also always wanted a Bronco...got my first full time job too late to get a new 1996. Wife has always wanted a Jeep. Figured this is the best route for now. Probably just going Base with the 2.7, floor liners and aux switches.

BTW...we love the Solo Stove
Makes sense and should be a good split between the two (Bronco or Jeep) for the two of you. Whichever trim you get, get more of what you "think" you'll need up front because it's cheaper. So, if base with the 2.7 is all you need up front because you have gear, eyeing particular aftermarket gear, etc, then great. However, if you need stuff, don't know what stuff, don't have time to research, may want to look at a slightly higher trim, or the accessary catalog to grab a few things extra.

For example, I'd get the Warn winch from the factory, because it's a Warn Zeon winch from the factory. But I would not get those sorry ass traction boards from Ford, as it's smarter to get some MaxTrax from wherever.

I went into that because you mention Aux switches which means lights, etc. If Ford is selling the brand and model you want, may be better to grab and roll into the car so the dealership doesn't ding you for a "mod".

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I saw one in person I couldn't help but think it would be all I need. But I'm not rational when it comes to car purchases. ?
Sponsored