Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had my build all ready to go for ordering, 2-door Badlands, sasquatch, high package....the works. $55.5k out the door. After a thousand questions since submitting my reservation on July 14th and almost as many rebuilds and brand comparisons I asked myself one final and simple question --- Please put your ego in your back pocket for 5 minutes and ask yourself what would be the best 4-wheeler to fit your REAL needs. After a few minutes of thought, and a few tears I must admit, I blurted out "Bronco Sport"!

And there you have it...I have done the unthinkable. Yesterday I marched into my local Ford dealer and ordered a Bronco Sport Badlands (no way I wasn't getting a Badlands!). Fully loaded, $40.1K out the door! (Dealer gave me a $750 discount --- maybe he felt sorry for me).

Funny thing is, I have never felt better about my Bronco choice. I know there are a lot of way more important things going on, but in the little Bronco universe that I have been swirling in of late, it felt like a weight had lifted from my shoulders. Black and white turned to color. I swear I saw a Munchkin yesterday hopping over my backyard fence.

Anyway, I put this out there to help any others that may know what the right choice should be, but think they are alone.

It is still a Bronco, after all.
:oops:
Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was right there for a few weeks, ready to bring one home if it showed up. BL/BL. Has everything I can't even get on my BD and not willing to switch to OB nor need some of BL things.... Until my daughter took one look and asked, "do the doors come off?" and I said no. "does the top come off?" no. "that's why you wanted this!" back to the BD for 50k.
I was thinking Sport....then my wife asked me the same questions!!!!! Then followed it up with buy it how you want it!!!

Kenny

Big Bend
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Silverado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had my build all ready to go for ordering, 2-door Badlands, sasquatch, high package....the works. $55.5k out the door. After a thousand questions since submitting my reservation on July 14th and almost as many rebuilds and brand comparisons I asked myself one final and simple question --- Please put your ego in your back pocket for 5 minutes and ask yourself what would be the best 4-wheeler to fit your REAL needs. After a few minutes of thought, and a few tears I must admit, I blurted out "Bronco Sport"!

And there you have it...I have done the unthinkable. Yesterday I marched into my local Ford dealer and ordered a Bronco Sport Badlands (no way I wasn't getting a Badlands!). Fully loaded, $40.1K out the door! (Dealer gave me a $750 discount --- maybe he felt sorry for me).

Funny thing is, I have never felt better about my Bronco choice. I know there are a lot of way more important things going on, but in the little Bronco universe that I have been swirling in of late, it felt like a weight had lifted from my shoulders. Black and white turned to color. I swear I saw a Munchkin yesterday hopping over my backyard fence.

Anyway, I put this out there to help any others that may know what the right choice should be, but think they are alone.

I've been in kind of the same boat or mental state. I get settled on one, then Ford with their infinite delays, lets me start thinking and changing my mind. I've been all over the board from AMB to A51. Manual to Auto to Manual. 2.7L to 2.3L BD to BL to BD. SAS to non-SAS. A lot of this is because, like you, I started thinking "what do I really need?"

My employer has the Motus plan where we get an tax-free allowance, but, my current vehicle just expired from the tax-free category. Ford better not delay any more, or, I'm going to have to go another route. I'll hold on through summer for a Bronco, but any more delays, and, I'll do something else.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is a refundable deposit and I did NOT give up my Bronco reservation. I am human!
Nothing to be too dramatic about because there is nothing wrong with being honest with yourself, never mind all of us, as we're just the internets. :ROFLMAO:

The Bronco Sport is a great buy with the 4Cyl and Badlands. It'll go on most low to low-mid trails (which are all most people should ever try in a newer vehicle), has good tech and storage, and will be good at camp for sure.

When you said "ego" in your first post, you hit the nail square. Most on here are just prideful and want some bragging rights for whatever that crap is worth (not much at all).

Drive it, use it, bang it, and be proud of it. Hell, it beats an explorer or Escape, etc. The Sport has 4x4 and some form of a rear diff on the Badlands. It doesn't have 4Low, but on the trails mentioned earlier, it won't be a big deal.

I think you'll love it and putting out there something that you felt embarrassed to admit initially shows good character.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking Sport....then my wife asked me the same questions!!!!! Then followed it up with buy it how you want it!!!
Love that Solo Stove in your pic, but if all you want is a convertible, there are far more, better, and cheaper options available.

Big question is, "do you at least camp, or willing to give it a try?" If so, Bronco makes sense and the $50K is actually kind of cheap. However, for just riding around and baking in the sun in an effort to be, look, or do something you think may be cool, and that $50K will feel steep.

Think buying a 4K TV while only watching regular HD.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What confused me is your use of "unthinkable." Sounds like a good decision for you and a well thought decision.
If you do not like the Sport, you can always trade it in the future for a Bronco.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked myself one final and simple question --- Please put your ego in your back pocket for 5 minutes and ask yourself what would be the best 4-wheeler to fit your REAL needs. After a few minutes of thought, and a few tears I must admit, I blurted out "Bronco Sport"!
Hey, the Sport would work for 90% of us if we were honest with ourselves and left the ego or what not out of it.

If it weren't for the BroncoBronco, I'd be all over the Sport to replace my current Outback. I really like the BB the dealer has on the floor right now.
As it is, due to cost restraints, I'll get a 2door instead of the more roomy 4, but I'm ok with that because it will fit nicely with the 69 I have. Bookends. Don't NEED the 4 door, it would just probably be more convienient in some cases.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Think buying a 4K TV while only watching regular HD.
I hook up the VHS player to mine! Just kidding I would never buy a big hi res TV, my eyes arent sharp enough to care, but still good enough to hold my CDL. That I dont use :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you'll love it. I pick up my Bronco Sport Badlands tomorrow (already got to see it and sit in it). It's impressive and more substantial looking than I expected. Great features, great look and plenty of capability (we all saw what it could do at Moab). I get it doesn't have low range but 8.8" of ground clearance is actually more than the stock full-size Bronco (which is 8.4"). I've also got a reservation for the BL Bronco but I think the BL Sport is going to surprise a lot of people! I hope we don't get into the it's not a real Bronco every time we see each other. It's like the gen 1 vs gen 2 Raptor debate that ruined it for a lot of us. It's not a Bronco! It's a Bronco Sport!

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’d flirt with the idea but for the engine choices...

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice!

By the way, it is a Bronco, you can tell, because that's the name on it.

I think the Sports look damn nice and you will enjoy it.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think you'll love it. I pick up my Bronco Sport Badlands tomorrow (already got to see it and sit in it). It's impressive and more substantial looking than I expected. Great features, great look and plenty of capability (we all saw what it could do at Moab). I get it doesn't have low range but 8.8" of ground clearance is actually more than the stock full-size Bronco (which is 8.4"). I've also got a reservation for the BL Bronco but I think the BL Sport is going to surprise a lot of people! I hope we don't get into the it's not a real Bronco every time we see each other. It's like the gen 1 vs gen 2 Raptor debate that ruined it for a lot of us. It's not a Bronco! It's a Bronco Sport!
Agree, might as well have a its not a Bronco because its a 4dr thread. I think its pretty cool they managed to get the styling right on the all of them. I am even more impressed with the Sports getting out their for sale!
Sponsored