Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was right there for a few weeks, ready to bring one home if it showed up. BL/BL. Has everything I can't even get on my BD and not willing to switch to OB nor need some of BL things.... Until my daughter took one look and asked, "do the doors come off?" and I said no. "does the top come off?" no. "that's why you wanted this!" back to the BD for 50k.
You better love her!
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They are indeed amazing vehicles. Watch some vids. See all the features, many of which the big brother doesn't even have. The little lights on the hatch... You can open the rear window only... The fog lights turn as you do! All the lux options. 9"clearance. Under seat storage..... If doors and top off didn't mean so much to me.... There's no other vehicle like it out there. Until Bronco is released.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

All is well and good until you pull to the light next to a real badlands on a warm spring day and they have the doors and roof off...

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats! I see no reason for any shame in that game.

I can easily see one replacing our 17 Escape. I feel that the wife will find things she likes about the bronco she will want.

OP
OP

Blindturtle

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Inifiniti
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More reasonably priced for sure. Reminds me of the new defender. You can get the larger sunroof? Keep us posted.
The "Badlands" package on the Badlands trim includes a pretty large sunroof, nice brown/black leather seating and steering wheel, as well as B&O sound system and a few other goodies. ($2,595).

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You better love her!
Even more now! I brought to my mind a memory of a friend of mine years ago who had a big Cadillac, and he was a younger guy, and he decided to opt for the the new little Cadillac that they had created at that time this is probably back in the late 70s. Any only kept it about three months, realizing that this is not what he wanted. LOL I think that's what would have happened to me in the sport. It's a cute little thing, but not at all what I really want. Every time I walk past an escape and look at it and go and the sport is even smaller than that? So my daughter just reminded me of what I really want. And I'm willing to wait for it.

Sponsored

NotAnonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had my build all ready to go for ordering, 2-door Badlands, sasquatch, high package....the works. $55.5k out the door. After a thousand questions since submitting my reservation on July 14th and almost as many rebuilds and brand comparisons I asked myself one final and simple question --- Please put your ego in your back pocket for 5 minutes and ask yourself what would be the best 4-wheeler to fit your REAL needs. After a few minutes of thought, and a few tears I must admit, I blurted out "Bronco Sport"!

And there you have it...I have done the unthinkable. Yesterday I marched into my local Ford dealer and ordered a Bronco Sport Badlands (no way I wasn't getting a Badlands!). Fully loaded, $40.1K out the door! (Dealer gave me a $750 discount --- maybe he felt sorry for me).

Funny thing is, I have never felt better about my Bronco choice. I know there are a lot of way more important things going on, but in the little Bronco universe that I have been swirling in of late, it felt like a weight had lifted from my shoulders. Black and white turned to color. I swear I saw a Munchkin yesterday hopping over my backyard fence.

Anyway, I put this out there to help any others that may know what the right choice should be, but think they are alone.

It is still a Bronco, after all.
Did you have a Sport reservation before ordering?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had my build all ready to go for ordering, 2-door Badlands, sasquatch, high package....the works. $55.5k out the door. After a thousand questions since submitting my reservation on July 14th and almost as many rebuilds and brand comparisons I asked myself one final and simple question --- Please put your ego in your back pocket for 5 minutes and ask yourself what would be the best 4-wheeler to fit your REAL needs. After a few minutes of thought, and a few tears I must admit, I blurted out "Bronco Sport"!
There you go, thinking with your brain. ? Let's face it--the Bronco has a cool factor, but the vast majority of them are going to be all-show, no-action. You can do a decent amount of off-roading in an Escape with passenger tires. All the rutty, washboard roads. With a Sport Badlands, that goes up a couple of notches. Rock crawling would be your only limitation, and most people don't even have easy access to that, let alone ever do it.

If you enjoy your new Sport Badlands and use it as intended, you won't regret it.

OP
OP

Blindturtle

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Inifiniti
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even more now! I brought to my mind a memory of a friend of mine years ago who had a big Cadillac, and he was a younger guy, and he decided to opt for the the new little Cadillac that they had created at that time this is probably back in the late 70s. Any only kept it about three months, realizing that this is not what he wanted. LOL I think that's what would have happened to me in the sport. It's a cute little thing, but not at all what I really want. Every time I walk past an escape and look at it and go and the sport is even smaller than that? So my daughter just reminded me of what I really want. And I'm willing to wait for it.
I was right there with you until my recent soul searching. To tell you the truth, I could envision a future where I would never use the locking front diffs or sway bar disconnect, or need 35 in tires. But damn, it would look sweet! I travel the Southwest quite a bit , photographing ancient ruins etc. I haven't come across a road or terrain yet that the the Sport couldn't handle. So, not the right choice for all. That is for sure.