First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Took delivery of a 2021 Bronco 4 dr Big Bend December 2021. Small dealership in my hometown. I bring it in to the same dealership for "the works", oil change, tire rotation, fluids etc Pick it up later that day. Drive a tenth of mile down the road and the front driver side wheel flies off. Truck bottoms out landing on the rotor. Thankfully and luckily, no one was injured. Fender is mess, and I'm obviously concerned my brand new car with 12k on the odometer will never be the same again. Parts/Service Manager apologizes, gives me the keys to an Escape, and promises that the vehicle will be "perfect" like when it came in. I pick it up 10 days later (this past Monday)and then fender looks good. The other repairs they did...Replaced rotor, and replaced the damaged rim. Performed an alignment. "Inspected front end and suspension. Had our shop foreman road-test and confirm no noises or issues with the bronco"...
Fast forward to this evening. Driving home from grocery store...check engine light pops up. Ford app says that "The Service Engine Soon light indicates that your vehicle has detected a concern with the evaporative emission system. I tell my neighbor who is a former mechanic and says that it's likely an evaporative recovery leak, and is more than likely a result of the accident.
Now what do do? Call the same dealership and have them "fix it". Or should I bring the truck to another Ford dealership to have them assess the issue? I'm having trust issues, and am starting to think that bringing it back the dealership that caused all these issues might make the situation worse, and with a new set of eyes on the car might be beneficial? Any advice, thoughts, comments, questions, and criticisms are all appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Dankahl

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
okay thanks

OP
OP

Dankahl

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The reason I'm questioning it is because if the evap issue is related to the accident they might not want to admit that, because then they would have to pay for the potentially expensive repair? Another dealership might be more forthcoming/honest about why a new car that has had no issues suddenly has an issue 3 weeks after it was in an accident? I don't know. Am I overthinking this? Thanks

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would take it back to same dealer and talk to the "shop forman" and explain that maybe it came from the "accident". I would try that first.

There used to be a charcoal canister in the front end of cars not sure with the Bronc, never looked. Could also be a cracked fitting, somewhere in/near the fenderwell leading to the evap can.

And to @Beach_Bum point I can imagine the rather large single paragraph is hard to follow on your phone.

If you group sections together it is easier to read.

I mostly use a PC but I have checked in here "on the run" and it is harder to read posts here that way. 😁

Carry on HORSEMEN !!!!!!!

Last edited:

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Take it back to that dealer. They took care of you. It's either related to accident or warranty. They will probably bend over backwards to help you

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not familiar with the exactly at the Bronco, but the EVAP emission system shouldn't have anything to do with the front wheel.

I think you're overthinking this. It's a new Bronco with a warranty. Go take it in for warranty work and don't worry about the why and how as long as it gets fixed.

And FYI, the evap system is part of smog which I believe has an extended warranty (or that may be state independent)

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The reason I'm questioning it is because if the evap issue is related to the accident they might not want to admit that, because then they would have to pay for the potentially expensive repair? Another dealership might be more forthcoming/honest about why a new car that has had no issues suddenly has an issue 3 weeks after it was in an accident? I don't know. Am I overthinking this? Thanks
as soon as the newer dealer punches in the vin. they will know all issues & services , so you have to be forthcoming/honest about why you are there ?
I feel for you , after the first screw up and now you are starting to have issues again .
its still in warranty so take it back and let them deal with it.

Blue Hen

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would take it back to your dealership that did the repairs. Give them a chance, could be simple repair. Since the wheel that came off was left front. Fuse box and battery are in the same area. Maybe when doing repair work to fender, brake system and suspension system they might have had to disconnect battery and fuse box.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Dankahl

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Okay. I'm going to take it back to the same dealership and let them look at it. Thanks for the input. I'll keep you posted.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It does not matter the reason or cause, the vehicle is under warranty. No matter where you go, it will be repaired under warranty.

Futhermore, A lot of dealerships will refuse taking on warranty work if said vehicle was not purchased with them.

Asking your neighbor for reasons why is irrelevant, should kept to yourself and not be discussed with your service department when you go back. Usually doesn't sit well with those you are seeking assistance with said vehicle.

OP
OP

Dankahl

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I see your point. Especially because even if it is related to the accident, it is irrelevant. Thanks Grumpy.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Took delivery of a 2021 Bronco 4 dr Big Bend December 2021. Small dealership in my hometown. I bring it in to the same dealership for "the works", oil change, tire rotation, fluids etc Pick it up later that day. Drive a tenth of mile down the road and the front driver side wheel flies off. Truck bottoms out landing on the rotor. Thankfully and luckily, no one was injured. Fender is mess, and I'm obviously concerned my brand new car with 12k on the odometer will never be the same again. Parts/Service Manager apologizes, gives me the keys to an Escape, and promises that the vehicle will be "perfect" like when it came in. I pick it up 10 days later (this past Monday)and then fender looks good. The other repairs they did...Replaced rotor, and replaced the damaged rim. Performed an alignment. "Inspected front end and suspension. Had our shop foreman road-test and confirm no noises or issues with the bronco"...
Fast forward to this evening. Driving home from grocery store...check engine light pops up. Ford app says that "The Service Engine Soon light indicates that your vehicle has detected a concern with the evaporative emission system. I tell my neighbor who is a former mechanic and says that it's likely an evaporative recovery leak, and is more than likely a result of the accident.
Now what do do? Call the same dealership and have them "fix it". Or should I bring the truck to another Ford dealership to have them assess the issue? I'm having trust issues, and am starting to think that bringing it back the dealership that caused all these issues might make the situation worse, and with a new set of eyes on the car might be beneficial? Any advice, thoughts, comments, questions, and criticisms are all appreciated. Thanks in advance.
dealer is clearly at fault i work at a dealer and yes its happened here
where you take it is up to you but dealer should be accountable

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello, Daniel! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!
Sponsored