DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hopefully they fix some bugs today and get the Mansquatch on there and allow me to put roof rails on the Squatch. I probably missed it but didn’t see the dual top option either.

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The difference for me is 2-door BD with all the bells and whistles I want without mid package for $43k or drop the bells and whistles and go BL and get mid package for $47k.

I think the BL option with all the extra upgraded off-road items is the way to go and just do aftermarket later.
I'm in the same boat

My BD build is right at 40K. But I'd be much happier with a BL that's 47.5K. I shouldn't have to pay 7.5K just to get the mid package and 33 inch tires.

I'll probably just stay with the BD and slap some 33's on it the day I get it.

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks amazing...
Ford Bronco This is baffling, Ford 8E09800E-C961-4BD6-B4FA-266FAB9F52AA
we had a kia sorrento for about 8 years. never had a problem with it. paid $19k new and traded it in for my mini cooper and got $12k for the sorrento. BUT the buying experience was the worst. cherry hill triplex. scumbags. i vowed i would never buy a kia again after the run around they gave me. but this ford debacle has me reconsidering.... telluride on 35s or used Lexus GX 460 on 35s

Ford Bronco This is baffling, Ford 1603465322860

djwils17

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands, Mercury Mariner, Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

djwils17

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands, Mercury Mariner, Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yep another Ford money grab after they had originally showed you could get Manual with Mid less remote start on the BD!

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still can't get over the interior choices. For a car that can be driven without doors on and everyone seeing the inside, why the fuck would I have a red car for example with orange accents inside and navy pier seats (e.g first edition). I seriously hope the people in charge of interior colors is fired or demoted. What's wrong with just black...?
What's worse is who wants cloth seats in a off road vehicle? Can you imagine the mess with the doors and roof off out here in the desert? Besides the base model they all should come with the marine grade vinyl with leather as an option. If the leather is anything like my Lariat Ranger it's not worth the $2,200.00 upgrade! Now I'm glad I have a MY22 that's refundable. ?

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thinking I will lease a new 2020 4Runner (my current lease ends in 2 months) again for another 2 years then see if the options and colors (including white roof colors) that I want are available. If the bugs are worked out by then and the options make more sense I will return the 4RUNNER and go with Bronco, if not, I will go with purchase option on the 4RUNNER.

I just imagine if Ford can't get a simple thing as a configuration for build and price done right, we could see a lot of other issues and recalls for the first couple years.

I can't afford to pay a big premium and end up with something that I don't really like or have to pay way more $$$$ to undo stuff that I didn't really want.

Makes absolutely NO sense!
(n)(n)

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Delta Foxtrot. Guess they dont want my money and i will be dropping down to Base. The Main reason why i was contemplating BD.
I'm in exactly the same boat as you are.
Though now I'm paranoid that as the B&P tool forces an automatic upon you when you select a four-door that there's some weird restriction on that, too...

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same boat

My BD build is right at 40K. But I'd be much happier with a BL that's 47.5K. I shouldn't have to pay 7.5K just to get the mid package and 33 inch tires.

I'll probably just stay with the BD and slap some 33's on it the day I get it.
Yeah, but also front lockers and front sway bar disconnect are standard on the BL. Those could actually be worth the upgrade.

Sponsored

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what is Crank in Gear? Start the car while in gear?
I really really hope this is where you can start it in gear, clutch engaged to the engine. When rockcrawling in my old Toyota it really sucked to have it die on an angle in big rocks. We used to bypass the clutch safety switch so they would start in gear, all it took was a little bump of the starter, give it gas and off it goes again. You could only do it if you had a deep crawler gear, which the Bronco happens to have.

I was planning on trying to figure out a way to do a start in gear but if this is what it means then I am excited!

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, but also front lockers and front sway bar disconnect are standard on the BL. Those could actually be worth the upgrade.
True, but I don't need that capability. I should have worded it better. For ME that's the only two portions of the upgrade that would suit my personal preferences. And that's a LOT of coin just for that.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, crazy. I'm over the "can't get manual with the 2.7" thing, fine, but what on Earth makes PPF incompatible with a motor?
I curious as to why you have to give up the sound deadening on the hardtop if you get the 2.7L, and only if it's a 4 door??

Reactions: Jak

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I curious as to why you have to give up the sound deadening on the hardtop if you get the 2.7L, and only if it's a 4 door??
Welcome to 2020. So many things currently on B&P that make no sense.
Sponsored