North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So what is Crank in Gear? Start the car while in gear?
I sold the 1938 years ago, I believe start in gear refers to manual trans, push your clutch in, put it in gear and then start.

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is Ford honestly trying to piss us off and that’s their way of getting the “supply and demand” under control?

Delayed launch
Website crashing
Increasing First Edition (3500 now7000)
Navy Pier only option
Limited exterior colors
Delayed Build and Price
Allocation email
No X-plan
Delayed Modular painted top
Build and price released but with major flaws

Been waiting for the Bronco for a long time but this really getting to a point of asking WTF is going on with Ford.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well on the bright side Ford is pushing me to a much lower price point because I can’t buy things I want (manual plus mid-package and other things) but the sad part is that I am paying 40K for a car I won’t be truly happy with. I’m a little bummed this morning.

Sponsored

Toffs

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It is the simple things -- like not being able to purchase pod lights if you purchase the light bar. Huh? This build process is half baked for all of the aforementioned reasons in this thread and may be intentional to ensure a more timely manufacturing process. Ford knows that there is a cadre of early adopters that are more willing to compromise to ensure that they are first. I am not one of them. I have never seen a product promoted with so many desirable features that were not available at the time of sale; I will either wait or drop down to my second choice. This B&P was like waking up Christmas morning and finding socks and underwear under the tree.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well on the bright side Ford is pushing me to a much lower price point because I can’t buy things I want (manual plus mid-package and other things) but the sad part is that I am paying 40K for a car I won’t be truly happy with. I’m a little bummed this morning.
The difference for me is 2-door BD with all the bells and whistles I want without mid package for $43k or drop the bells and whistles and go BL and get mid package for $47k.

I think the BL option with all the extra upgraded off-road items is the way to go and just do aftermarket later.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not here to bash but, I want to point out to the “Relax” crowd the following:

Ford delayed B & P and then delivered this.

Limiting options to streamline first year production because you can’t project demand is really poor management.

I’m not sure why we should relax and think everything will be corrected or that there will not be more restrictions, delays, and surprises. (Explorer launch, Bronco Sport B & P, F-150 preliminary B & P)

The Bronco Engineering Team are the ONLY Rockstars involved in this fiasco.
I feel bad that the amazing ideas, capability, and heritage that they designed into the Bronco is lost and overshadowed by inept Communications, Marketing, IT, and Management.

Sponsored

DGTUX20

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 TDI Sportwagen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WTF!!!!

CAN’T GET 4dr Badlands squatched w/MT.....such BS!!!! I may be out

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford spent all of that time running around with prototypes with mixed up options that we can’t get. they paraded these trucks across the country at bronco events. now we are expected to settle with weirdo interiors, no roof rack and limited options. sorry, i’m not settling on a $55k purchase. not to mention that without X plan, we are left with local greedy scumbag dealers that can’t wait to jack up the price because they finally have something to sell that is in demand. thats going to be a nightmare seven hour ordeal at the dealership trying to haggle a good deal. it’s quicker to close on a house than to buy a car. maybe i will just buy a tesla model Y, order online, no haggle. or wait a year or so until Ford gets their shit together. this will go down in history as the worst model launch ever. nice job new CEO.

sean-florida

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still can't get over the interior choices. For a car that can be driven without doors on and everyone seeing the inside, why the fuck would I have a red car for example with orange accents inside and navy pier seats (e.g first edition). I seriously hope the people in charge of interior colors is fired or demoted. What's wrong with just black...?
Sponsored