Sponsored

Thoughts: Air Compressor in Muffler Location?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I vote someone cuts out the rear floor above that area to install a big storage tub under the cargo cover...hmmm...

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I vote someone cuts out the rear floor above that area to install a big storage tub under the cargo cover...hmmm...
That’s phase 4 (July/august) Starting phase 3 this weekend. I will do some sweet flint stone shots for ya.

BigRed13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Weird thing is, nothing hits that spot.

I have a legit Arb dual under the hood, second knock off was added for more flow/back up. Arb is 150psi cut off. Knock off is 100psi. Both are fed into a 3 gal air tank. Both have run at the same time for 6 months with no issue. Both get used multiple times a weekend.

Is the knock off as good as the Arb? Not sure. Have both run without issue? Yes.

$335 for the knock off. Or should say unbranded version.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B088RFPRTM?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

This is very close to what I'm looking at doing. Can you send me some specs on your exhaust setup, and possibly a sound clip? Seems like allot better use of the room could be made by moving the muffler up where you have. Any complaints on the exhaust, drone or anything?

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mounted mine in that exact location. If you search the forums, you'll find it somewhere.. It works just fine. I kept it there for over a year before SDHQ came out with their mount.. which, IMO, is the best solution on the market. I took out the rear floor, drilled mounting holes and then sealed them with silicone to keep them waterproof. The tub is aluminum, so its not going to rust regardless. Didn't need to delete the muffler or anything, there is plenty of space right in front to mount it to the body. Also easy access to the frame if you wanted to mount a single directly to the frame. Double is just a bit too thick. You could easily mount two singles and use a manifold to combine it into one outlet.. the ARB double is quite literally two singles connected side by side.

My twin sat exposed under the vehicle through several thousand miles of off-road use including stream crossings, being submerged for hours.. A little dielectric grease in the connectors to keep them waterproof and you're good to go. It actually stayed cleaner in that location than it does under the hood.

If you use the ARB dual, it'll handle the wear and tear just fine. I remoted the intakes up into the cabin via the plastic tray under the floor in the back.. Allowed fresh cabin air regardless of how dusty the environment was. I remoted the air chuck up to the same spot in the plastic bin so it was nice and easy to connect. The power switch was in the same spot.

I don't recommend that if you plan on carrying a full load overlanding. That was an oversight and why I moved it all under the hood.. that plus the free mount.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think that's right, are you sure?
Oh no its not, sorry. I was thinking of the fenders. Thats why I love Cunninghams law.

Hence why I used silicone to protect it at the time..
Sponsored