Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi All,

Here are my thoughts on the BD and OBX from the event at KMF yesterday:

Cactus Gray was amazing. I'm changing my order to CG now (again).

The engine bays don't look that crazy in person. Both seemed to have plenty of room in there to work, and add some accessories if needed.
Also, the oil filter in the 4cyl isn't that hard to access really. I think I could have reached in and touched it if the driver's side wheel was turned all the way.

MGV feels like...well, vinyl to me. Seems pretty durable and fits well, but the feel was not what I was expecting.

The soft top fit is actually pretty good, but feels like it will flap a lot to be honest. I was able to move it about 6-8 inches just touching it in the driver's seat. I'm sure this is typical for a soft-top though.

Anyone unsure about the size, these are NOT large vehicles. The interior feels about the same size as my Mazda 6. If you have any thoughts that the 2dr will be too small, you are right. Get the 4dr.

265/70 R17s look great on the BD. I won't go any larger.
The pics really make them look undersized, but I think for most people they are the perfect compromise for a do-anything/go-anywhere rig.
While on the lot, I looked at some 285/70R17's on a few Rangers and couldn't tell much difference.

Interior plastics and texture feel ok, not bad but nothing fancy.
The interior is very simple and logically laid out, nothing there you don't need.

Wasn't an OBX fan from the pics, still not after seeing/sitting in one.
The Dueler tires are ugly AF and will be the first thing to go from my BB.

The back seats do not recline. I tried.

I didn't really notice the difference in screens between the two, but they were off.

Finally - I asked the rep if he had driven them both, and he did...from Michigan.
He said he couldn't tell much difference between the 2.3L and 2.7L.

If I think of anything else I'll update.

Overall, I was very impressed and super stoked to get mine in a few months!

PXL_20210402_235613377.MP.jpg

PXL_20210402_235540758.jpg
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the written observations. I think the BD is going to be a huge success once the dealers and general market gets to order. They look great in person. I still have not been up close and personal with the MGV, so I Iike hearing different perspective. I would guess mine will end up with a cover in the back for the dogs (similar to our Explorer) and maybe some neoprene on the fronts if we find them hot, cold or sticky. I still prefer the more durable and weather friendly vinyl as a starting point.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The back seats do not recline. I tried.
Uhh so the order guide is wrong, or should I hope this is a preproduction issue?

OP
OP
mC.242

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Uhh so the order guide is wrong, or should I hope this is a preproduction issue?
I think when they say "recline" they mean they are angled back somewhat, not that the reclining is adjustable like the front seats. But perhaps this is still a pre-pro issue, I hope so myself (that's why I checked).

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think when they say "recline" they mean they are angled back somewhat, not that the reclining is adjustable like the front seats. But perhaps this is still a pre-pro issue, I hope so myself (that's why I checked).
That would be Dirt McGirt, but you could be right

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone thought they did? I donā€™t see reclining seats in any of the Ford descriptions, but I miss things all the time!

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone thought they did? I donā€™t see reclining seats in any of the Ford descriptions, but I miss things all the time!
in the order guide it says "with recline" for the 4 door rear seats

Jakethesnake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GX470. 2002 Suburban. 2016 Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Really hope the back seats recline. Makes a huge difference when on long trips which I plan on doing. I had planned to switch from 2door to 4door for this reason

ScrunchFace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the write up and pics!

I really hope they offer a full leather interior for 2022...with ventilated or cooled seats šŸ„µ

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@mC.242 , I have an 06 Pathfinder as well and am getting the BD. How does the size of the Bronco compare to that? Worried about it fitting in the garage (Pathfinder fits barely).

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was in a 4dr and didnā€™t notice them able to change the angle of recline, but I never took the description as meaning multiple positions, so I donā€™t know if Inwould have noticed either way. I know our Explorer has them, but I donā€™t think most people would spend enough time in the rear seat of the Bronco to change the seat position. My wife notes she liked the relatively high position of the rear seats to be able to see forward better.

OP
OP
mC.242

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@mC.242 , I have an 06 Pathfinder as well and am getting the BD. How does the size of the Bronco compare to that? Worried about it fitting in the garage (Pathfinder fits barely).
I suspect the Bronco is a bit wider, definitely taller, and slightly shorter but not 100% sure.

OP
OP
mC.242

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the written observations. I think the BD is going to be a huge success once the dealers and general market gets to order. They look great in person. I still have not been up close and personal with the MGV, so I Iike hearing different perspective. I would guess mine will end up with a cover in the back for the dogs (similar to our Explorer) and maybe some neoprene on the fronts if we find them hot, cold or sticky. I still prefer the more durable and weather friendly vinyl as a starting point.
I think MGV is still the best option, it just didn't feel the way I thought it would based on other people's comments.
Sponsored