Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Makes me want to trade in my 2022 for 1966.....

All filmed in Utah. (as far as I could tell)

The SLC valley was pretty empty when they filmed it...
I suspect you'd have to sell two 2022's to fund a '66, unfortunately
Sponsored

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is once you drove the 1966 you will be pining for your 2022.
I drove a 62 vw bug for 4 years, no heat or radio, then I upgraded to a 65 dodge truck, it had a radio but you couldn't hear it over the rusted out exhaust noise, so I do know what I would be getting into.

I'd probably enjoy it but I couldn't get my wife to ride in the vw or truck, she would in no way ever ride in a 66 bronco.

Yes the new ones are nice, safe and relatively cheap which is why I have one ; )

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man, if Ford were to build something like that again with modern convinces , I would buy it.
Vintage Broncos does that very thing. It’ll cost you a pretty penny but if you want old school looks and new tech, they’ve got it covered.

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Memories,

I had a 71 with a 302, 3 speed hurst on the floor, a 9" rear and a 44 up front, a 2" rancho lift and a ramsey rep 8000. That thing was bullet proof, I think I sold it for $4500 in the early 90s, light sea foam and a white top.

I also had a 76 with 302, auto, 9", 44 air conditioning, cruise control and dual tanks. It was painted a metallic blue. I think I sold it for $5500.

Also a 67, 69, 74 and parts galore.

I find it Ironic that the Bronco was stronger than the Jeep then, now I think the Jeep has it beat from the factory. I will gladly take a 9" rear and a 44 straight axle up front.

But...none of them ran straight down the road at 80 with the tunes cranked up with the ac blowing and heated seats.

Salt

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What a great and nostalgic video. Haven’t seen it before, so thanks for sharing.

Sponsored

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nah, the swing gate is far superior to a tailgate. Reaching past a tailgate to get anything out of the back is an unnecessary pain in the ass. Not to mention how much more usable space you get by having a swing gate with a folding table.

mY nOsTaLgIa ThOuGh 🙄
Even from just seeing pictures of the folding table, there is zero chance the folding table has the same amount of surface area as the gate itself (drop-down or swinging).

Now if you have the optional tailgate tray or whatever it's called in addition to your table, then you'd have something to brag about

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I learned 4 wheeling on a 70 and 71 Bronco. I was in college at the time. The 70 had the 170 CI six, the 70 a modified 302 V8. Both 3 on the tree manuals. The 70 had street stock and very small tires and was very slow on the open road but actually good off road. I went in mud, hill climbs and 4 wheeled with my cousin who had a 71 Toyota FJ 40 Landcruiser. I traded the 71 for the 70, which I did even more 4 wheeling with. It had 32" tires on it. I would dust my friend on and off road in his 71 K5 Blazer, 33" tires, 350 V8 automatic. Those were the days, I had so much fun in those Broncos. Incredible machines....and very simple design and so easy to work on. But they rusted like heck anywhere road slat was used to treat the roads. That 70 I had during the famous blizzard of 78 and drove around assisting people until my front U joints blew out.

Sponsored

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm going to look at a 78 G2 on Saturday....but planning to keep my G6 as well :cool:

I did. Well, the 6G is still here until I get it polished up but I've mentally moved on already. The idea of a 2.3 1G excites me far more right now. :devilish:

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Optional armrests......and people complain about cupholders!!!!!
Dig the hot chick driving the stick!!!!

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No, because you don't mount the tire to the tailgate... Lol
obviously the answer to my question.... which then elicits the next obvious question......

As a vehicle designer, where do you place the spare or do you run with no spare?

OP
OP

M7 23

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had my first driving experience at ~14 years old (in the mid 80’s) in one of these 1G’s, 3 on the tree. shifter would tend to drop out of 2nd gear, so to maintain 2nd you would have to hold it up in place with your right hand, steer with left. From that day forward I was always a “Ford guy” despite my grandfather working at GM (over 40 year career with them). I still have dreams driving that 1G Bronco, and is what lead me to being the proud owner of a 23 2 Dr 7MT Black Diamond today…and I plan to keep this one till they bury me. Grin from ear to ear every time I get behind the wheel.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Optional armrests......and people complain about cupholders!!!!!
Dig the hot chick driving the stick!!!!
To be fair the 6G arm rests might as well be optional. Too narrow and too low to be very helpful.
Sponsored