Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To be fair the 6G arm rests might as well be optional. Too narrow and too low to be very helpful.
Yeah, I don't use them....
Sponsored

rblume73

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 07 F150, 73 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you imagine the outrage in a commercial with a dead deer on the hood today?

(Check out the 10:12-10:23 mark)
I've been wondering how I was going to haul mine out of the Deer Lease this coming fall. Now I know.

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
obviously the answer to my question.... which then elicits the next obvious question......

As a vehicle designer, where do you place the spare or do you run with no spare?
The 1G broncos had a swing out spare tire holder to allow for the tailgate to open. The mounting base was near the right brake light and it hinged outward to allow the gate to drop. I have a 1G and removed the entire assembly from it because it doesn't look good and is awkward to use. I also have a 6G and the current system is better in my opinion.

bronco 1.jpg

Bronco.jpg

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The 1G broncos had a swing out spare tire holder to allow for the tailgate to open. The mounting base was near the right brake light and it hinged outward to allow the gate to drop. I have a 1G and removed the entire assembly from it because it doesn't look good and is awkward to use. I also have a 6G and the current system is better in my opinion.

Ford Bronco Throwback Commercial: 1966 Bronco - A Breed Apart Bronco

That is one sweet looking 1G.... A little confused.... wasn't the last year for the 289 1967? 302 came out in 68....
But you have the amber side markers that came out in 68.... No side markers in 67 I think???

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Oh yea.... back to topic... I agree with your comment about being awkward when you had to swing out the spare and then drop down the gate. I think the designers tried to take that into account and that is why we have the design we have now.....

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Lucky man to have a stable like that.... NICE!

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is one sweet looking 1G.... A little confused.... wasn't the last year for the 289 1967? 302 came out in 68....
But you have the amber side markers that came out in 68.... No side markers in 67 I think???
Thank you. Mine is a 77' which was the last year of the 1G but I was trying to explain how they overcame the spare tire/ tailgate combo on the 1G's. I wish I had a picture of the spare tire swing mechanism installed but I removed mine. I'm sure Googe has pix though.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Fortunately I bought it before prices went nuts. I could never afford it now
Well done.... It is always good to buy before the price goes up. I am guessing the engine marker actually says 302.... the more I stare at it. (It is hard not to stare).... For some reason I thought I read 289.... 77 explains the size of those side markers.... They were much smaller when they first appeared.

That is a beautiful rig. They both are!

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well done.... It is always good to buy before the price goes up. I am guessing the engine marker actually says 302.... the more I stare at it. (It is hard not to stare).... For some reason I thought I read 289.... 77 explains the size of those side markers.... They were much smaller when they first appeared.

That is a beautiful rig. They both are!
thank you. Yes it's a 302. Easier to see the emblem on this pic.

I didn't mean to hijack this thread. Love the 1G and the video the OP posted.

bronco.jpg

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No doors, roll bar, hell these dudes weren’t even wearing seat belts. Even the white water rafting dude wasn’t wearing a helmet. The 60’s were great, but they were no match for vehicle appearances of 70’s. Exhibit A.

IMG_1399.jpeg

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Such a miss excluding a tailgate from Bronco 6G. Swing gate is terrible for daily use and you need to buy a $1200 accessory to do tailgate things.

Also funny seeing the OG Bronco with OEM tires. All the restomods people gush over are lifted with oversize tires!

Ford Bronco Throwback Commercial: 1966 Bronco - A Breed Apart IMG_1399
My first car I owned was a 1970 Bronco that was passed down from my dad. He bought it fully loaded w/302 and had AC added immediately after purchase. $4,000 was the MSRP back then. It came with 4 wheel drum brakes, no power brakes or steering and the 3 on the tree manual transmission. I had the rear swing away spare tire carrier that started rattling as the Bronco aged, but still worked very well. Unlike the street oriented looking tires it came equipped with G78-15 off road tires that lasted only 15,000 mi. To save money, my dad had those tires recapped. Those skinny tires made for handling problems that made the Bronco follow any ruts and imperfections in the pavement. You physically had to actively drive this vehicle. 60 mph was the Pfd maximum speed in this configuration. I added bigger and wider tires which cured this. I also had a Hurst 3 sp floor shifter added to eliminate the long throws of the column mounted lever. As the OEM configuration was unsafe by todays standards, I also added a roll bar for rollover protection. As I owned this vehicle I discovered it was built with a combination of Falcon, Mustang, and F-100 parts, which made for easy location of replacement parts in the junkyards.
I loved that vehicle and wish I had it back.

They actually drive pretty good, but I am glad I went new vice building another classic one part at a time.
YMMV 🤠

rblume73

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 07 F150, 73 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I imagine it is the same on the Bronco, but on the Mustang the 302 came out mid year 68, so there is both 289 and 302 68 Mustangs.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No doors, roll bar, hell these dudes weren’t even wearing seat belts. Even the white water rafting dude wasn’t wearing a helmet. The 60’s were great, but they were no match for vehicle appearances of 70’s. Exhibit A.

Ford Bronco Throwback Commercial: 1966 Bronco - A Breed Apart IMG_1399
Does that count as a double rainbow?

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Awesome video! The guy driving the yellow bronco had no chill. He was in a rush. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored