Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm personally starting to think there's just some bad engineering, or bad QA in the development of the tie rods. The idea that these are a "fuse" is ridiculous. Fuses are used for safety, snapping a tie rod and losing the ability to steer is about as far from safe as you can get.
Agreed. I don't believe Ford "engineered" these for the Bronco. They just pulled from the parts bin, same as GM did with the H2/H3.
Sponsored

fordguru

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 2 raptor, 20 expedition max, bronco ba/sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The OP needs to list the REAL steering fix !!! Not the list of band aids available....

Here it is folks the HOSS 3.0 Steering Ford Performance steering rack and HD tie rods. And here's the part number for the complete kit. Mine is getting installed tomorrow morning.

NB3Z*3504*M
who Figured out the programming?
that has been the hold up
it doesn’t just bolt right in and go

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed the Kid Chaos bolt on sleeves. No alignment issues, easy install. Truck tracks straight.
Installing tomorrow... Since nothing came in package, did you worry about any sort of prep or torque spec, or throw them on

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Installing tomorrow... Since nothing came in package, did you worry about any sort of prep or torque spec, or throw them on
Bolted right on. They are murphy-proof. No worries.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bolted right on. They are murphy-proof. No worries.

So how long did you guys have to wait? I bought mine a couple weeks ago and nothing but crickets. I did reach out via email and was told that there was a problem with the machine that they should be back up and running but I still haven't gotten any notification about shipping.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So how long did you guys have to wait? I would mind a couple weeks ago and nothing but crickets. I did reach out via email and was told that there was a problem with the machine that they should be back up and running but I still haven't gotten any notification about shipping.
I got mine within a week.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Are folks using loctite on the bolts for the braces? I just got the Broncbuster but wondering if the bolts have been seen to back out?

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Also wondering if anyone has painted the Broncbuster black, I think that would be cleaner on my rig

JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how long did you guys have to wait? I would mind a couple weeks ago and nothing but crickets. I did reach out via email and was told that there was a problem with the machine that they should be back up and running but I still haven't gotten any notification about shipping.
How long someone else waited when there wasn't an inventory problem due to a machining problem is mostly irrelevant. Problems, typically, aren't typical. I'd give them some professional courtesy and 2-4 weeks to get your product shipped before bothering them further.

Also wondering if anyone has painted the Broncbuster black, I think that would be cleaner on my rig
Luckily they will be very easy to paint. I'll probably leave mine the raw aluminum look to start.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How long someone else waited when there wasn't an inventory problem due to a machining problem is mostly irrelevant. Problems, typically, aren't typical. I'd give them some professional courtesy and 2-4 weeks to get your product shipped before bothering them further
Yeah that's what I was figuring as well. I ordered a ton of stuff (rails, bumper, skids, seat covers, etc) for my Bronco because it was finally being built and figured the lead times should work out.

I ordered them on Aug 18th so I guess we'll see. I'd rather them be right than rushed :)

Sponsored

JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah that's what I was figuring as well. I ordered a ton of stuff (rails, bumper, skids, seat covers, etc) for my Bronco because it was finally being built and figured the lead times should work out.

I ordered them on Aug 18th so I guess we'll see. I'd rather them be right than rushed :)
Unfortunately delays happen, especially with small companies on brand new products. Should be good! And, honestly, most people don't NEED the reinforcements. It's just an insurance policy.

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how long did you guys have to wait? I bought mine a couple weeks ago and nothing but crickets. I did reach out via email and was told that there was a problem with the machine that they should be back up and running but I still haven't gotten any notification about shipping.
I’ve been waiting a couple of weeks as well and was told the machine was down for a bit, and mine were manufactured…..just needed powder coating and should go out Tuesday after Labor Day….

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered the Broncbuster sleeves almost a month ago and it still hasn't even shipped. Any one else having issues?

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered the Broncbuster sleeves almost a month ago and it still hasn't even shipped. Any one else having issues?
Did you try calling or emailing them?

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe I ordered mine about a month ago and they arrived in a couple of weeks.

Update: I ordered 8/17. They came on 8/29.
Sponsored