Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, pickle forks are good for tearing the boot. This is what I was referring to, but that puller is good too, just named it wrong
anon.gif
Screenshot 2022-09-17 232651.jpg
I haven't done much auto repair recently and I've never messed with tie rods, but tearing the boot was one of the first thoughts I had when I saw the fork.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jdc

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that's the problem, he doesn't understand what everyone is trying to tell him. He still thinks he's hitting the right spot.
I'm aware what the knuckle is and let me tell ya if was shocked anymore it would have had a heart attack. That thing was really stuck in there

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So something like this is what I got and it did the trick... though was a pain because some idiot 🤣 deformed the bottom of the bolt and it kept slipping off. It still took some effort to get it to pop out and there was a decent pop. The passenger side on the other dislodged on its own as soon as I removed the nut. The job is done and I'm glad I did it because I'm putting together my own tool set and I realized I need more wrenches including some bigger adjustable wrenches.
Congratulations! :cool:

FWIW, all of us came into this world as idiots. Better to ask questions and learn than to remain an idiot for life. (y)

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you got it sorted :cool:
Sponsored