First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going to have my front windows tinted to match the rear windows. I went to my local window tint expert and when I told him I wanted my windows tinted he winced. I’m like what’s up and he said it’s a pain in the ass because the door windows go down slightly when opening.

Does anyone know how these windows are getting tinted. I’m concerned with the process.

thanks.
Easiest windows ever to do . Just DIY,lol.

Sponsored

EOSeabee

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Windshield tint is illegal, but I got mine done. They use a very light tint, and it really helps knock down the glare.

Bronco73

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is a typical cost to tint the driver/pass front windows?

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly considering the amount of Mustang and Challenger doors that are tinted on a regular basis it's kind of weird for the installer to even mention it.

I had a mobile guy come to my house and do mine in about 5 minutes without issue. Cost about $115for the two doors.

22MavXLT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 22 Maverick XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
RUN, do not walk, to another tint place! Been tinting over 13 years and these windows are the EASIEST to do.

Sponsored

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The only challenge tinting a bronco (hard top only) is the tailgate thanks to the wiring, but it's doable.

I had mine tinted all around with ceramic. $240. My base had basically no factory tint. Windshield tint is illegal, but you can get a clear protection film.

If you do it yourself you can probably get away with doing a light tint on the windshield, but most reputable shops won't break the law for you

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I tinted my own windows but yet I used to do this professionally for over 20 years. 70% 3m Crystalline for the front windshield is probably one of the best out there in terms of IR (infrared ) heat rejection . Suntek CXP is an excellent choice. However I used Expel ceramic and while it offers great performance I wasn't impressed with the clarity of the film. Expel makes a quality PPF.

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going to have my front windows tinted to match the rear windows. I went to my local window tint expert and when I told him I wanted my windows tinted he winced. I’m like what’s up and he said it’s a pain in the ass because the door windows go down slightly when opening.

Does anyone know how these windows are getting tinted. I’m concerned with the process.

thanks.
A good tent shop can handle it no problem. They will use heat to cure the tint and they also bevel the outside edge so it doesn’t catch when it goes up into the rubber channel. You still need to wait 3 to 5 days to roll your windows down, however.

22MavXLT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will second the 3m Crystalline for being the absolute best on the market for heat/IR rejection, but it is a bitch to work with because it is so thin. We use Suntek in our shop and we like the CXP but the CIR is a lil better, with Evolve being their premier film. The biggest complaints we get is that the CIR and Evolve have a blueish look to them. For those people we have the CXP.

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

thanks.
Find another shop. Mine were easy peasy. I think they disconnected the battery so the windows wouldn't lower. I paid $200 for mine - I have a 2dr. San Diego

Sponsored

22MavXLT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Find another shop. Mine were easy peasy. I think they disconnected the battery so the windows wouldn't lower. I paid $200 for mine - I have a 2dr. San Diego
It's not even that hard, hold the outside door handle in the open position and take a hook or screwdriver on the latch inside the door and flip it so that it make the door think it's closed. The window will pop up. Tint the window and then heat the bottom edge with the heat gun for a few mins to get the film to stick better, then pull the door handle again and it should go back to the "open" position. This method works a lot for frameless windows. Unless there is a button in the actual door jamb, then you have to take the screw out of the button or find a way to "mash" the button down so it thinks the door is closed. I will tint frameless windows all day everyday over the standard windows. So easy!

Boostedblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2011 F-250, 2004 Ranger 2016 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You have to trick the door trigger into believing the door is closed by putting the latch mechanism in the correct position then the window stays in the up position as if the door is closed. Clean the window and prep it for the film, spray slip solution on the film and glass and position the film, then squeegee the film. Trim the edges if necessary then clean it up and call it a day.
This is what my tint guy did. He had the job finished in 15 minutes. Definitely not hard at all.
Sponsored