First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
35 psi at max load rating on sidewall, 39 psi recommended from Ford.

I was not sure if it were 35 or 50psi for Max Load on that tire? Obviously going over 35psi is Not recommended by the Goodyear.

If it were me, I would start around 30 to maybe 32psi.
Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The tire carries a warranty from Goodyear, the tire manufacturer.

@618TRVLWILD (forum tire nerd and travel savant) :love:
What is an impact break / bulge / sidewall bubble?
Published 09/09/2016 03:02 PM | Updated 04/13/2021 04:21 PM

An impact break involves damage to the carcass (the casing of the tire) inflicted when the tire is in contact with certain obstacles. Usually an externally visible bulge on the sidewall of the tire indicates that cords have been destroyed inside the carcass. If such damage is ignored there is the risk of tire failure at some time in the future, usually delamination of the tread and/or plies or disintegration of the tire sidewall.
To determine if there is an impact break, the tire dealer will remove the tire from the wheel. Once removed from the wheel, a bubble due to accidental damage will diminish and the dealer should be able to show you the damage to the tires inner liner.
Damage of this kind is typically caused by driving over objects like curbs, speed bumps, or pot holes. This overstresses the carcass and can cause individual cords to break. The extent of the damage depends on the speed and angle of impact and on the size of the obstacle.
Please note: In some cases, people mix up sidewall bulge and sidewall indentation.
My guess from the pothole that as hit. Def need to take it somewhere get it off the rim get it inspected. ASAP.
If it was open ply it blown out by now def something weak Goodyear might cover it check you ext warranty mine cover tires qlthough I ended buying a new tire myself this past summer from a rock puncture
Ford Bronco Tire bulge on tire side wall. CA9C8F80-D7FC-435A-A298-A41BED5E89CC

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tire warranties are the worst:

First new car I owned was a Ford Probe. Four OEM Goodyear tires. Started feeling weird at 1,300 miles. By 1,500 miles had to put on the baby spare.

One tire had a completly bald wear spot across the tread. Took it to Ford and they say take it to Goodyear. Goodyear says, yep you need a new tire. I say defect. They say need to prorate the warranty based usage. So, the new tire will cost me 95% of the retail price. I say WTF. They say that they have to measure at the lowest point, and there is only 5% left. I say but that is the defect, how about you look at the wear on the other three tires and use the low spot from one of those? They say sorry, have to use the lowest spot. I pay 95% and swear that I will never buy another Goodyear product in my life.

Fast forward, Sasquatch with Goodyear's :mad:
Sold off the POS Goodyear's and moving on with my life...

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In 2015 all 4 factory Pirelli tires on my new Mustang GT developed multiple bulges within 3000 miles. Ford defaulted to the tire manufacturer but Pirelli’s warranty (prorating) is the worst. Bought a set of Michelins and the best my Ford dealer could do was to match the best available online price.
Same thing with mine. Replaced them with Continentall Extreme's. Those Pirelli's were the worst tires i've ever owned.

glamosaurus

Base
First Name
Hope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got a bulge from a nasty curb job on my stepdad's t-bird. He was pretty pissed.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands