1986Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 V90 T6 Polestar, 2018 4Runner, 1990 Pao
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'd be concerned about a spare tire bike rack- adding too much weight to the spare tire. The spare tire is so heavy to begin with. I went with a hitch rack. I already had a hitch bike rack and just installed the receiver hitch, it was like $100 and 15 minute install. I had to get a bitch extension- bought from Harbor Freight as bike rack did not extend far enough beyond the spare tire.
I would defintley do it as part of a package:

Adapter, rack, tailgate hinge reinforcement.

Regardless of the rack or not, we should all probably do the tailgate hinge reinforcement.

My cheapest bike is in the low thousands and while monetarily replaceable, they no longer make a Klein Attitdue.

Up and out of the way of traffic, above the idiots in the parking lot that want to park over the line and mm's away from my rear bumper, ability to still use the hitch, ability to still use the backup camera and sensors... all priceless.

It's not going to be cheap. But it's going to be solid and easy to use. Sometimes the benefits outweigh the cost?
Sponsored

whmoorejr

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd be concerned about a spare tire bike rack- adding too much weight to the spare tire.
Anyone make a bike rack that works (or could work) with a spare delete kit? That would remove +/- 85lbs of spare tire (SAS is 87 I think).