Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Any concerns putting an additional 30-70lbs on the tailgate?
Nope. The rack is light and doesn't change the geometry. As for bikes, they're not like a tire that permanently lives there. Bikes go on for an hour or two here and there. Not worried about it in the slightest at the moment.
Sponsored

whmoorejr

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Random question.... Can it be mounted upside-down? I'm wondering if it could be dual purpose.... mount fishing rod holders on the horizontal bars. With it upside-down, that might drop the poles low enough so your not hitting every tree branch when going out on a fishing trip. Flip it the normal way for a biking trip. Sorry for making the back of your bronco look weird, I figure a picture would better explain my thought.

Ford Bronco Tire Mount Bike Rack flippedbikemount

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Random question.... Can it be mounted upside-down? I'm wondering if it could be dual purpose.... mount fishing rod holders on the horizontal bars. With it upside-down, that might drop the poles low enough so your not hitting every tree branch when going out on a fishing trip. Flip it the normal way for a biking trip. Sorry for making the back of your bronco look weird, I figure a picture would better explain my thought.

Is it possible? Maybe. Doesn't seem like there's too much sense in that. It's definitely not recommendable. If you want to figure out a way to tire mount rods, surely there's a better solution.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is the best way to carry fishing rods on our bronco. https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-fishing-rod-holder-for-2021-ford-bronco/Fishing rod holders

Sponsored

1986Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 V90 T6 Polestar, 2018 4Runner, 1990 Pao
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My Quikr Mach 2 just came in and I regret ordering before I saw your solution: bikes nice and high in case of a rear impact, hitch is free to use, no opening tailgate issue. Anyone looking for a tire mount rack and a 1Up, this looks like the best bet.

1986Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My Quikr Mach 2 just came in and I regret ordering before I saw your solution: bikes nice and high in case of a rear impact, hitch is free to use, no opening tailgate issue. Anyone looking for a tire mount rack and a 1Up, this looks like the best bet.
Also, probably no annoying rear sensor issues.

whmoorejr

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I make an adapter plate for a 1up rack if you're interested
You ever see a product, and you don't know what you would do with it.... but you know it would be pretty kick ass once you figured out a solution?

That's me looking at that adapter plate. I wouldn't use it for a bike rack... (I don't ride) but with how beefy it looks, I'm thinking some sort of mount for mission critical zombie apocalypse gear.

Great engineering! I hope you sell a thousand of them.

bb163

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Promaster
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also, probably no annoying rear sensor issues.
I intend to make a plate for the Quikr rack which would allow you to utilize your existing rack. Hoping to get them to help with providing some dimension info soon.

bb163

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Promaster
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You ever see a product, and you don't know what you would do with it.... but you know it would be pretty kick ass once you figured out a solution?

That's me looking at that adapter plate. I wouldn't use it for a bike rack... (I don't ride) but with how beefy it looks, I'm thinking some sort of mount for mission critical zombie apocalypse gear.

Great engineering! I hope you sell a thousand of them.
Thank you! Unfortunately, this site's administration won't allow me to make any posts about selling this product (they keep taking them down). So I will need to find other ways of getting the word out.

Sponsored

1986Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I intend to make a plate for the Quikr rack which would allow you to utilize your existing rack. Hoping to get them to help with providing some dimension info soon.
I wonder how close it is?

I have micrometers, rulers, lasers, pencils, etc.; let me know if you need anything (I know that it is not as precise at the original plans but I have measured a thing or two).

Also, I do not know how open they are to sharing, especially with what happened with 1Up. And some of their rules... like how all warranty is void if you use a hitch extender. What is up with that? I get the principle, but still...

Last edited:

whmoorejr

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I will need to find other ways of getting the word out.
Interesting.... My guess is you have to have a "business" account. The alternative would be to sell it on etsy, facebook marketplace, eBay, etc and just link to it when it comes up in conversation. I think that would fly since people (including myself) link to products all the time.... like random amazon finds and stuff.

bb163

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Promaster
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting.... My guess is you have to have a "business" account. The alternative would be to sell it on etsy, facebook marketplace, eBay, etc and just link to it when it comes up in conversation. I think that would fly since people (including myself) link to products all the time.... like random amazon finds and stuff.
Yeah good call. I might do that. Would make it easy to just drop a link.

bb163

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Promaster
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder how close it is?

I have micrometers, rulers, lasers, pencils, etc.; let me know if you need anything (I know that it is not as precise at the original plans but I have measured a thing or two).

Also, I do not know how open they are to sharing, especially with what happened with 1Up. And some of their rules... like how all warranty is void if you use a hitch extender. What is up with that? I get the principle, but still...
Quikr is reviewing my request for dimensions or a demo rack to measure off of. I haven’t seen one of their racks in person so I’m hoping I can measure it myself. However If you’re up for it then I can shoot you over the dimensions I’m looking for. Thank you.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd be concerned about a spare tire bike rack- adding too much weight to the spare tire. The spare tire is so heavy to begin with. I went with a hitch rack. I already had a hitch bike rack and just installed the receiver hitch, it was like $100 and 15 minute install. I had to get a bitch extension- bought from Harbor Freight as bike rack did not extend far enough beyond the spare tire.
Sponsored