Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2020/2022 ILX, 2017 RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The Facts:
I have a Sasquatch 4 Door 2021 Bronco.
My dealer is a complete incompetent dumbass, that I want to divorce.
Brought it in for the safety recall. I asked them no less than 3 times to reset my tire pressures for Summer. They said, part of the inspection which they will do.
Dealer gave me the inspection sheet with the tire pressures set at 35. He did not touch them because they were EXACTLY where they were when I dropped it off.
Dealer is either incompetent or a liar, but probably both.

My Question:
Assuming a temperature range of 70-90 during the summer. I am guessing my tires should be set about 38/39 psi when it's 80 but thoughts. Mostly city with some highway driving. Am I right or wrong.
Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's not going to make a big difference. I try to run 39 all year for highway use and drop to about 20 off road. I can air down in three minutes, but it's a good ten minutes to air back up with my SmittyBilt pump and 4-way valve contraption.

Qy2mYdK.jpg

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What tire pressure is recommended in the door sticker? The pressure will increase as the tire is driven and heats up. You have no means to pump in air yourself?

OP
OP
jkburg

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2020/2022 ILX, 2017 RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No summer rating, only 39 for winter. Typically it's the same for the whole year but with the crazy temperature ranges I wanted to make sure I was getting the best mileage and use out of the tires. They were popping all the way up to 42/43 when the temp was in the 90's, and that just seemed way too high. Felt like it wasn't gripping well in turns.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is there any recommendations in the owner's manual by any chance?

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you are depending on your dealer too much. They are (legally) required to follow the established specifications for the vehicle. Probably as is Discount Tire. I donā€™t see ā€œWinterā€ vs ā€œSummerā€ tire pressures recommendations posted on the door frame placard. On road, off road, summer, winter, itā€™s up to you to determine what you want to run depending on ambient conditions. Donā€™t blame Ford or the Dealer,

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

time to get the chalk out ...

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No summer rating, only 39 for winter. Typically it's the same for the whole year but with the crazy temperature ranges I wanted to make sure I was getting the best mileage and use out of the tires. They were popping all the way up to 42/43 when the temp was in the 90's, and that just seemed way too high. Felt like it wasn't gripping well in turns.
Our winter here in Houston is not the same as your winter in Wisconsin. However, 39 psig is 39 psig regardless of the temperature. When the temperature goes up, your tire pressure will go up, when the temperature goes down your tire pressure will go down. Itā€™s up to you to adjust the pressures to what you think is optimal.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is there any recommendations in the owner's manual by any chance?
The owner's manual says to look inside the driver's door for the sticker that indicates the pressure to use. Mine says 39 psi.

The only difference in cold weather is that it's likely to drop one or two psi in the winter. I've had other cars come up a bit low once it got cold. I run the pressure up and down enough when I go off road so that I'm always checking it anyway.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 39 psi recommended on the door sticker is just a cold pressure rating, not a seasonal (winter) rating, established for maximum fuel efficiency. "Cold" here simply means the pressure is measured when the vehicle is not moving and the tires are not warmed up (e.g., in a covered garage). If the tires are inflated at 39 psi (cold), the pressure will quickly increase to 42-43 psi while driving after the tires warm up. That's normal.

If the ride is too firm for you, use a pencil-sized tire pressure gauge to reduce the cold pressure by 2-3 psi, and test drive it as the pressure rises during operation. If the ride is still too firm, lather, rinse and repeat, as necessary.

Lowering the pressure will improve the ride quality by absorbing bumps, but it will also lower fuel efficiency and wear. As with many other things in life, there are trade-offs with the choices you make regarding tire pressure.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm real happy at 35-36psi stock Sasquatch.