First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No summer rating, only 39 for winter. Typically it's the same for the whole year but with the crazy temperature ranges I wanted to make sure I was getting the best mileage and use out of the tires. They were popping all the way up to 42/43 when the temp was in the 90's, and that just seemed way too high. Felt like it wasn't gripping well in turns.
Best tire mileage vs comfort is different and the fact you bought a Bronco means you really dont care about mpg.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer is a complete incompetent dumbass, that I want to divorce.
Brought it in for the safety recall. I asked them no less than 3 times to reset my tire pressures for Summer. They said, part of the inspection which they will do.
Dealer gave me the inspection sheet with the tire pressures set at 35. He did not touch them because they were EXACTLY where they were when I dropped it off.
Dealer is either incompetent or a liar, but probably both.
I guess they should have said WTF are you talking about? There is no special summer air pressure. If you don't like the tires at 35psi, either let some out or put more in. Why do you need a dealer to do that? If you wanted them to adjust them to 39, you should have said exactly that. They aren't mind readers. There is nothing wrong with 35psi, especially if you aren't riding at GVWR.

PSI is a function of weight rating. A simple concept that seems to be a difficult subject.

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never heard of a summer or winter tire pressure. I would say it was a Northern thing but I used to live up there.

I keep my 37's at about 32psi and my 35's at about 36psi regardless of the time of year. And that's the pressure when the tires are warm not the season, lol.

Edit. This thread has got to be satire. Nobody really thought the cold reading on the door sticker was the winter air pressure, right?

Last edited:

Machz963

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 C8 Corvette, '22 Sasquatch 2.7tt, '08 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm real happy at 35-36psi stock Sasquatch.
Same here, lessens the bump steer some on the two door. Seems to be wearing well. If you use Nitrogen you will see fluctuations, but not as much as just the air we breath.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jkburg

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2020/2022 ILX, 2017 RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think you are depending on your dealer too much. They are (legally) required to follow the established specifications for the vehicle. Probably as is Discount Tire. I don’t see “Winter” vs “Summer” tire pressures recommendations posted on the door frame placard. On road, off road, summer, winter, it’s up to you to determine what you want to run depending on ambient conditions. Don’t blame Ford or the Dealer,
While I agree with the relying on the dealer. My point was: 1) I specifically asked and they said they would. 2) they ran their multi-point inspection which that is one of the items. They crossed it off and said they set it at 35. Their is no f ing way Sasquatched tires should be at 35. My point was that they are liars.

OP
OP
jkburg

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
And that's the pressure when the tires are warm not the season, lol.

Edit. This thread has got to be satire. Nobody really thought the cold reading on the door sticker was the winter air pressure, right?
So go ahead and make fun of me, but is the tire pressure on the doors not Cold/Winter? Isn't it the same thing or are you saying Cold means not running for a while. If so then I have been duped for more than 35 years because that was my understanding.

• Haha
Reactions: abe

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While I agree with the relying on the dealer. My point was: 1) I specifically asked and they said they would. 2) they ran their multi-point inspection which that is one of the items. They crossed it off and said they set it at 35. Their is no f ing way Sasquatched tires should be at 35. My point was that they are liars.

If the tires were at 35 and they said they were at 35, they are not liars. There is nothing wrong with 35, but again, if you wanted a specific pressure you should have told them, or better yet, do it yourself.

So go ahead and make fun of me, but is the tire pressure on the doors not Cold/Winter? Isn't it the same thing or are you saying Cold means not running for a while. If so then I have been duped for more than 35 years because that was my understanding.

No. Cold means ambient temperature. Always has.

OP
OP
jkburg

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If the tires were at 35 and they said they were at 35, they are not liars. There is nothing wrong with 35, but again, if you wanted a specific pressure you should have told them, or better yet, do it yourself.

No they were marked at 35. One was at 41, 38, 39 & 40. That was cold. Which as I said was exactly where they were when I dropped the car off-I checked right before and right after. I didn't want a specific pressure. See my statement below. PS, I do do it myself for every other car I own and have owned but again coming from a dealership that gives a shit (Acura dealer for 20+ years) they do it automatically.

No. Cold means ambient temperature. Always has.
ABSOLUTELY NEVER KNEW THAT! For 35 years of driving I always assumed that meant during driving in the cold temperature wise. I feel super F ing stupid about this.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
So go ahead and make fun of me, but is the tire pressure on the doors not Cold/Winter? Isn't it the same thing or are you saying Cold means not running for a while.
Cold means "before you drive" and not haven driven in several hours. Just like a "cold engine" means before you drive and not your engine temp in January.

Fill to 35 PSI in the morning before you drive to work, then measure your pressure when you get there. It will go up by several pounds per square inch because the tires, and the air in them, have heated up per the good old ideal gas law (PV=nrT)

Now in winter, you do have to put more air in your tires to get the same pressure, since the ambient air, and thus the tires are colder.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cold means "before you drive" and not haven driven in several hours. Just like a "cold engine" means before you drive and not your engine temp in January.

Fill to 35 PSI in the morning before you drive to work, then measure your pressure when you get there. It will go up by several pounds per square inch because the tires, and the air in them, have heated up per the good old ideal gas law (PV=nrT)

Now in winter, you do have to put more air in your tires to get the same pressure, since the ambient air, and thus the tires are colder.
Exactly. Now, how much oil do the tires take?

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe that did change out the winter air to summer air and forgot to note it on the work order. Summer air at 35psi is the same weight as winter air but has much higher boiling point.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I run my SAS tires between 35 and 36 PSI cold. I do this because I feel I get the best ride quality at this pressure. As my tires heat up from driving, the psi rises to about 39 to 40 psi. This is the same pressure I used on my F150 Raptor as well. When I tried 39 psi cold, I seem to feel every bump in the road. :)
Sponsored