Sponsored

TIRE PRESSURE : checked your factory pressure?

titaboxeo

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Took delivery approximately one-month ago.

Scrolled through the various settings and noticed that tire pressure read to be approx. 46 - 47 psi one each tire. I didn't think much of it, thinking I had seen that pressure was supposed to be 49 and these are the inflation pressures as delivered.

THEN, I did something unusual. I looked at tire pressure tag on the door. THEN I looked at the owner's manual, which referred me to the tag on the door sill.

THEN, I was confused becasue the RECOMMENDED tire pressure is 39 PSI all around.
THEN, I looked at the tire, which allowed that 10 additional pounds per square inch is permitted above 36 PSI, i.e. maximum 46 PSI, to allow for additional load.

SO, THEN I went to Goodyear store, where they looked at tire pressure tag, noted that all tires were at 46 - 47, and THNE adjusted all tire pressures to recommended THIRTY-NINE PSI.

Why would factory air up to 47 PSI? Who knows.
You may want to check your tire pressure and adjust accordingly.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As has been mentioned in many threads here, delivery PSI is purposefully higher than normal and should have been corrected by the dealer at delivery. Just let some air out.

Abundigas

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
That was Michigan Winter air..... when it gets to a warmer location it expands...;)

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dealer did mine when i had them rotated.

Sponsored

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Scrolled through the various settings and noticed that tire pressure read to be approx. 46 - 47 psi one each tire. I didn't think much of it, thinking I had seen that pressure was supposed to be 49 and these are the inflation pressures as delivered.

THEN, I did something unusual. I looked at tire pressure tag on the door. THEN I looked at the owner's manual, which referred me to the tag on the door sill.

THEN, I was confused becasue the RECOMMENDED tire pressure is 39 PSI all around.
THEN, I looked at the tire, which allowed that 10 additional pounds per square inch is permitted above 36 PSI, i.e. maximum 46 PSI, to allow for additional load.

SO, THEN I went to Goodyear store, where they looked at tire pressure tag, noted that all tires were at 46 - 47, and THNE adjusted all tire pressures to recommended THIRTY-NINE PSI.

39 psi is still too high. You’ll notice uneven tire wear (scalloping in the middle of tire) if you run that high. 35 psi seems to be the right pressure.

Last edited:

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine has been at 44psi for 6,500+ miles now... I wrongly assumed it was set at the factory/dealership to 44 intentionally. Oops.

EDIT: I guess mine isn't that bad since I have wuss tires

tires.jpg

Last edited:

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Shipping is always high (close to 50).
Dealer should adjust it but my last two (Fords) have come that way. There is a little wire in the middle. Press it and all is good.

FDHog

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat FX4, 22 Road Glide ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the first things I check. That and the oil level when I pick up a new vehicle. Don't take "Dealer Prep" for granted. They usually have some young kid doing it.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

So, what is the maximum load amount on the tire at 46psi?

Which factory tire do you have that has a max psi at 46?
Sponsored