Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Never ask a barber if you need a haircut.
Sponsored

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
First problem is taking the dealers word that they are 50%. Maybe it is only 30%. 50% would infer 25K miles on a set of tires, not great but I've had factory tires wear out on new cars in 15K miles.

Side wall damage is not repairable so replacement.

Even with just 30% wear I would replace all four tires. That really sucks. I had 6 month old high end tires on my explorer when I hit a piece a metal that tore a huge gash in the tread. Even if the wear was close enough to new, the exact tires I had got discontinued and I had to get different. Four new tires. I did keep the three good tires and eventually got some use out of them in non 4WD.

OP
OP
Eyates

Eyates

Badlands
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands 2022
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah with the bronco sport tires I don’t think you’re anywhere near 50% unless you’re drifting, doing donuts and burnouts 😝 on a complete side note is that your rabbit in your avatar ?
Well if I had a manual (as in transmission) I could do burnouts a lot easier! But not I don’t do burnouts on this car! 😂Not my rabbit. But I used to have one of those. A Cabriolet in fact. VW!

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm going to say you haven't had an E tire or if you have, you ran them at the wrong pressure.
Ford Bronco Tires at 50% at 12000 miles? A4D57B83-A31C-48E1-940B-738B705DF210

There are the E-load KM2 tires I never had on my 2013 JKU; that I never ran at 28-30 psi for 85k miles; that I only tossed-out (but never had to begin with) because they began to dry-rot after almost 8 years…still had plenty of tread (if I only ever had them to begin with).

But hey, you know me better than me. So think what you will.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Tires at 50% at 12000 miles? A4D57B83-A31C-48E1-940B-738B705DF210

There are the E-load KM2 tires I never had on my 2013 JKU; that I never ran at 28-30 psi for 85k miles; that I only tossed-out (but never had to begin with) because they began to dry-rot after almost 8 years…still had plenty of tread (if I only ever had them to begin with).

But hey, you know me better than me. So think what you will.

I stand corrected. 8 year old dry rotted tires probably did ride like crap.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agree with the others:

If the tire has not been fixed, take it to an actual tire shop like Discount. If they can fix it, they will.
They can also measure the tread depth vs the wear bars. 12,000 miles should be about 25% worn on a 50k tire. (which is what Goodrich thinks the K02 should get)

If you have to buy a new tire, put the new one on the right rear. Your right rear is your main drive tire. That's the one that gets the most wear.

One thing for certain. I would NEVER pay Dealership markups on tires.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
First problem is taking the dealers word that they are 50%. Maybe it is only 30%. 50% would infer 25K miles on a set of tires, not great but I've had factory tires wear out on new cars in 15K miles.
I got just over 900 miles on a set of brand new Firestones on my 98 Ranger. Yeah, still pissed about that.

That being said, factory tires tend to be on the softer squishier side with much worse wear than aftermarket tires. As soon as the garbage minivan tires on my Bronco wear out, I'll replace them with Coopers or Generals.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And people criticized me for posting a thread about Bronco / Bronco Sport confusion…. Vindicated! :ROFLMAO:
I was with ya, Sport should be a trim not a line. Would have made more sense to me if the BSport was a Maverick and the Maverick was a Courier 🤷‍♂️

I was happy with my BD cause there would be less/no confusion... Now they go and muddy it up and make Black Diamond a package on the Sport that is available on the BB and OBX o_O

But that's all off topic, OP get a second opinion for sure, and if nothing else a better deal.

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was with ya, Sport should be a trim not a line. Would have made more sense to me if the BSport was a Maverick and the Maverick was a Courier 🤷‍♂️

I was happy with my BD cause there would be less/no confusion... Now they go and muddy it up and make Black Diamond a package on the Sport that is available on the BB and OBX o_O

But that's all off topic, OP get a second opinion for sure, and if nothing else a better deal.
It is off-topic, and I’ll just make this one reply here because I don’t want to hijack:

People were mad at me as if I was against the Sport—I like the Sport. And I’d support the name WERE IT NOT FOR THE CONFUSION I STILL experience almost daily BECAUSE of it, as I work in the industry. The confusion was, and still is, real. And personally, that’s why I wish they’d change the name, as it doesn’t help, but hinder, the growth of the rollout.

If it actually were the opposite, where the name offered clarification, not confusion, I’d have been the biggest cheerleader on here supporting it.

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buy a tire tread depth measurement tool from Amazon or any auto store. They only cost about $10.

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t trust a dealer. Went through it again yesterday buying another car.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got just over 900 miles on a set of brand new Firestones on my 98 Ranger. Yeah, still pissed about that.

That being said, factory tires tend to be on the softer squishier side with much worse wear than aftermarket tires. As soon as the garbage minivan tires on my Bronco wear out, I'll replace them with Coopers or Generals.
COOPERS ARE THE WAY TO GO

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank you!
Ford Bronco Tires at 50% at 12000 miles? 1678107023918

Until you get that tire depth measurement tool... you can use a penny. Place a penny head first into your tire tread. If you can't see the top of lincoln's head, you're ok.