To Buy or to say Bye?

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
G’day everyone..
Just trying to get a general feeling for the market and peoples thoughts on the new Bronco.
I’m lucky enough to have a reservation for a “First Edition” and the cutoff to convert my reservation to an order is coming up very soon.
I’ve been going back and forth on whether to purchase the Bronco or not.
I love the Idea of getting out and about with the family, although the kids are still a little young for truly enjoying the outdoors yet. We have a Honda Odyssey for the usual get around town car.

I wanted to find out the top reasons you guys are buying a Bronco right now and if you were in my shoes would you go ahead and buy a FE or would you save the coin and look for one in a year or two after the initial shine has worn off?
Pricing is obviously always an issue, but to be honest its more about what people are looking forward to the most and if you’ll get your monies worth ?
The wife is a little wary of off-roading but love to hike and camp so I think she can be convinced long term ;)
I live in Southern California and there is a plethora of places here to explore within easy driving for a weekend getaway or a picnic.
I’m 6’4” and will have 3 kids in tow so am a little concerned that the Bronco will not be big enough for the family as well, especially since we’re still dragging car/booster seats around for a few more years.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.. and I guess I’d have to get my First Edition in 4 Door. Lightning Blue with Black Interior.. Don’t see the point in getting any other configuration to justify the price difference.
Also, is Ford honoring X-plan pricing? Can’t seem to get a firm answer on that one or if it’s a dealer issue?

Keep up the good work on the pics and threads! Just wish there was a First Drive review out there!
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No X Plan, but some dealers are honoring it, plus other dealers are beating it, so search around. It might be a little tonight for 5, but the kids will be never forget the trips in the Bronco, I guarantee that. I vividly remember my time in my uncles Jeep and Bronco as a kid! FE will likely hold its value, at least until regular stock is available. If you don’t like it, probably not to hard to flip with little loss after a year. SoCal has some great spots too, do it!!!!

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think it looks cool, and I'm looking forward to having a rig where I can take the top off. That's it for me. That's 100% of my reason for switching from my '18 Outback Touring. I could get another topless rig instead, but I like the boxy look, and in my eyes these things are more attractive than a yeep.

Not that I qualify, but regardless I wouldn't feel the need to buy into the FE. I went with the lowest tier that offers similar snow performance to what I run now (I'm going with BD with adv transfer case) as I prefer AWD over switching in and out of 4H during the winters here.

Sponsored

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you don't get it, the dealership will mark it up 5-6-7-8 thousand dollars over M$RP (maybe more) and some schmuck will overpay for it.

Hope that helps.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your First Edition will not affect my Base order, so go for it. X pricing is not available. @EricAtKearnyMesaFord is a California dealer who is active up in here. There are a lot of dealers pulling some shady shit. Browse around threads in here...

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
3 car seats across might be a tall order but I haven't seen one in person yet
Yeah, I agree.. My 4 Year old boy is Special needs so will be in a seat for a while.. My eldest is in a booster and we’re due for our third in May :) Full house! But it’s about the future as much as the next couple of yrs.I’m planning on keeping it a while

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No X Plan, but some dealers are honoring it, plus other dealers are beating it, so search around. It might be a little tonight for 5, but the kids will be never forget the trips in the Bronco, I guarantee that. I vividly remember my time in my uncles Jeep and Bronco as a kid! FE will likely hold its value, at least until regular stock is available. If you don’t like it, probably not to hard to flip with little loss after a year. SoCal has some great spots too, do it!!!!
Cheers for the note.. I love getting out here in SoCal for a drive.. Rented a few Wranglers and such in the past to feed the habit! Hoping that the Dealer here in Valencia doesn’t crew me

Sponsored

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My thought is you need to find a balance. On one side - if you have the income to afford the Bronco brand new go for it. The four door should be fine for three kiddos.
On the other side - If the finances are an issue I can say from the experience of having 4 kids, it does get more expensive as they get older (especially if they get into sports). Don’t look at your expenses today - but try to project what they will be one and two years out - and then add the FE payment into the mix. If you can still easily afford the FE - go for it. Being able to do things for my kids always came first. Now that mine are older - I get to buy what I want. Good luck

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Another "I reserved a First Edition, but... oh gosh... I don't know..." thread?

You guys are killing me!!
Trust me, I want to pull the trigger, but without seeing one in person and having a big family It’s hard to know if it’ll work.. I don’t want it to be a case of leaving the Bronco at home because we can’t all fit on a trip.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ryan, being this late in the game, and with you still having doubts, I say wait. That's a lot of money to spend on something you're unsure about. As you said, you can always get one later if you see that it will fit into the family. IMHO

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our kids are 17 and 19, so my wife and I getting something for the 2 of us (really me).

I've wanted the 'new' Bronco since the 2004 auto show in Los Angeles. So for me, this is a dream that is a long time coming.

I've no interest in a First Edition because a car is NOT an investment. I see TONS of people asking about resale value. If I were like that, there would be no way I'd be getting this in 2021 or likely 2022. I'd wait a few more years - because with 'resale' in mind, its just a car.

I really plan on driving this until either the Bronco or I die and a FE is unnecessarily expensive for something that I am hoping is my forever truck.

I usually keep a vehicle for a decade and my current ride (F150) really has a good 50-100k miles left in her. But a Bronco is something I've wanted for a long time and MY time is now.

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Your First Edition will not affect my Base order, so go for it. X pricing is not available. @EricAtKearnyMesaFord is a California dealer who is active up in here. There are a lot of dealers pulling some shady shit. Browse around threads in here...
Currently dealing with Auto Nation Valencia so Hope they’re not part of that bad list
Sponsored